Thread: Harassment for simple Forum Posts?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Default Harassment for simple Forum Posts?

It is allways easy for people to say something negative about other people without even being able to prove it. I for myself played this game since 2013. I don't play anymore, nor I need gold. I'm just logging in from time to time to see how the marked expands and drops.. I like to see prices falling and rising. I'm a merchant and that's what keeps me in this game even still in 2020. Now, once I post something with a decent value I'm beeing harassed by plenty people in game spreading false information wich can't even be proved. Trying to totaly destroy my experience with pure negative energy. And I'm defenetely not the first case!

I've gone through everything imaginable in this game.. Guilds, officer, master, ups, downs, friendships and even Love.. Now to see the sadness of the comunity in this game of 2020. I ask myself if it is not finally the time to do something against such Drama people who get into the things of other peeps they dont even know? (at least in the forum) People want to have a voice, but it is not their cup of tea nor they have the qualification to argue about it. Sure, prices are being manipulated and there is some real stupid stuff going on. But is it really a good thing to let people here in the forum post their negativity like Savages? which has nothing to do with the trade at all? No-one is forced to buy anything. If the price is too high for you then just don't go for it.. What is so difficult with that?

What is happening here that people need to fear a **** storm to poste their things into the forum? I personally don't care much for myself since I'm not the most active anymore, but I really wish for the community and this game, this forum to be a drama free Zone in the future.

Peace

Gesendet von meinem E6653 mit Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

This is like asking the planet for world peace not going to happen sadly.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Giant bench For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Meexii View Post
    It is allways easy for people to say something negative about other people without even being able to prove it. I for myself played this game since 2013. I don't play anymore, nor I need gold. I'm just logging in from time to time to see how the marked expands and drops.. I like to see prices falling and rising. I'm a merchant and that's what keeps me in this game even still in 2020. Now, once I post something with a decent value I'm beeing harassed by plenty people in game spreading false information wich can't even be proved. Trying to totaly destroy my experience with pure negative energy. And I'm defenetely not the first case!

I've gone through everything imaginable in this game.. Guilds, officer, master, ups, downs, friendships and even Love.. Now to see the sadness of the comunity in this game of 2020. I ask myself if it is not finally the time to do something against such Drama people who get into the things of other peeps they dont even know? (at least in the forum) People want to have a voice, but it is not their cup of tea nor they have the qualification to argue about it. Sure, prices are being manipulated and there is some real stupid stuff going on. But is it really a good thing to let people here in the forum post their negativity like Savages? which has nothing to do with the trade at all? No-one is forced to buy anything. If the price is too high for you then just don't go for it.. What is so difficult with that?

What is happening here that people need to fear a **** storm to poste their things into the forum? I personally don't care much for myself since I'm not the most active anymore, but I really wish for the community and this game, this forum to be a drama free Zone in the future.

Peace

Well, they allowed you to post, so...... Know what I mean???????

Official Signature Of Dot Com Entertainment

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Motherless_Child View Post
    Well, they allowed you to post, so...... Know what I mean???????
    Was that even called for? Just because you have the right to say something doesn't mean you have to say it.

Sent from my SM-S767VL using Tapatalk
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly. - Morticia Adams

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,353 Posts

Peace

Unfortunately it takes all types of things to make the world go around and around, it’s how you deal with it in the end that makes a difference.
    Avy
    12-2012

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Avaree For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

The forums will never be drama free.. There are certain section of people who will never be satisfied in their life no matter what.. From past few days, a group of some lazy greedy jealous people are creating non-stop drama and posts about price rise of vanities/items.. They want those rare vanities bad but can't afford them since their price increased and now they want Sts to release them back while not caring even a bit for the actual people who have given their blood, sweat and tears to buy them.. Instead of focusing on new vanities, they want old vanities which they didn't even care to collect when it wasn't much rare. And yes as you said if a vanity is expensive they can just leave it, who is forcing them to buy ? Also vanities are just for show off, plus tons of new vanities are created every event.. And price manipulation isnt their main concern cos if it was their main concern, they would have reported name of players who actually does manipulation to sts support.. Their main agenda is to own expensive vanities without doing any efforts.. And they will bash you if you differ with their opinions

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pinklips For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

The player are people too with different attitude it depends on how their parents teach their siblings. if someone player is toxic their parent more toxic too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Giant bench View Post
    This is like asking the planet for world peace not going to happen sadly.
    ROFL Like in sneakers when Whistler asks for would peace and your like okay...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Censorship

13. The Following User Says Thank You to kersey For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Avaree View Post
    Unfortunately it takes all types of things to make the world go around and around, it’s how you deal with it in the end that makes a difference.
    Yes I agree and that is absolutely a very wise statement, but I must say that there are also other ways to protect every individual and handle such behavior and escalations.

Here a little post about privacy (without going to deep Into the harassment and Griefers policy) on how other games go ahead with a good example to avoid such situations.

Disclosure

Residents are entitled to a reasonable level of privacy with regard to their ******* experience. Sharing personal information about your fellow Residents without their consent -- including gender, religion, age, marital status, race, sexual preference, alternate account names, and real-world location beyond what is provided by them in their Resident profile -- is not allowed. Remotely monitoring conversations in *******, posting conversation logs, or sharing conversation logs without the participants' consent are all prohibited.

Disclosing private ******* conversations

Sharing or posting a conversation inworld or in the ******** forums without consent of all involved Residents is a violation of the Terms of Service.

Last edited by Meexii; 08-14-2020 at 11:01 AM.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Yes I agree and that is absolutely a very wise statement, but I must say that there are also other ways to protect every individual and handle such behavior and escalations.

Here a little post about privacy (without going to deep Into the harassment and Griefers policy) on how other games go ahead with a good example to avoid such situations.

Disclosure

Residents are entitled to a reasonable level of privacy with regard to their ******* experience. Sharing personal information about your fellow Residents without their consent -- including gender, religion, age, marital status, race, sexual preference, alternate account names, and real-world location beyond what is provided by them in their Resident profile -- is not allowed. Remotely monitoring conversations in *******, posting conversation logs, or sharing conversation logs without the participants' consent are all prohibited.

Disclosing private ******* conversations

Sharing or posting a conversation inworld or in the ******** forums without consent of all involved Residents is a violation of the Terms of Service.

While I agree, the forums has become dramafied, I feel sts has done a good job to give us options in game to "police" individuals that fall under bullying and or harassment. Checking the tab to reject tells outside of party, friends & guild members is very useful. If you feel you are being targeted then write support, provide proof, and whatever happens - happens from there.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Sumwon For This Useful Post: