Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: STS opposite of greedy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

Default STS opposite of greedy.

Many people said that STS was greedy when it was Xmas 2011 when we had to pay 5 plat per boss runs. Thats the only time we said they were greedy, Yes? But no... STS is nice enough to give us the choice of free plat, Daily elixir, Deal of the day and such more as free vanities like , Antennas,Little love, little luck, Bunny ears and such. But all we did is saying STS is greedy. But have you guys know that STS is a buisness! At least they are generous enough to give us prizes like plat and shield for contests and making more maps and items. If i or you was in the STS buisness then we wouldnt actually give out free stuff to people, would we?

STS gives more than 300 dollars a day in free plat to the fans.
    They pay just to keep us on the server playing PL

STS works hard to come up with new ideas of campaign,Items,Lvl cap and such more. All we do is play and say STS is greedy and doesnt give out more free plat. If STS were to give out free items,maps and other such then STS would close down their buisness and there would be no more PL,SL and DL. We are making PLAT ruin the game itself and STS. WE could just focus on other things than just PLAT like pvp,pve twinks,KDR,farming and other more. STS make their games free instead of Paying like a dollar or more. BUT all STS does is making their fans happy and at the same time keeping their buisness up and running. STS saw the fans complaing about a little thing such as Wasting PLAT. Who said STS or anyone else is forcing you to buy plat? Free plat is better than no free plat at all. STS is trying to figure out ways to keep prices low instead of regular.

And finally, STS has given us free vanites like centurion,founders,antennas,shield of graditude and such. We ALL owe STS a thank you for making the game and keeping us on the server

P.S: Sorry for the bad spelling and gramar

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

You're nose has a little brown smudge on it. No clue what that is.

Let's make it SPARKLE!

3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to morfic For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    471 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Swords View Post
    STS gives more than 300 dollars a day in free plat to the fans.
    They pay just to keep us on the server playing PL
    Nothing against STS, they're a company and need to make money so their decisions they take/have taken should go without question, but I wanna clarify this a little,

The free plat is payed for by the devs of the apps included in the offers as a way to get their product out there.
    Of course they need to pay for their servers to keep it running so they can continue to make money. Every company has to pay for their servers such as everyone needing to pay rent, mortgages, bills, etc. to maintain their property.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to RedRyder For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

Sure ill thank STS for making the games. But some decisions have just been ridiculous
    Main: Ardon lvl 41 Operative

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts

Oh joy, I see this ending wonderfully.

Why are we opening this can of worms again? Can we just let it die and continue with the small time of peace the forums are experiencing pweez?

Nice one btw Morfy

"Annie are you okay? Are you okay? Are you okay Annie?" - The King of Pop, Michael Jackson
    Down With the Rep

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Lowlyspy For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

I agree sts is a biz and they cant make living off smiles.. Even though they do make us happy they need a profit off of something, they are not greedy, for all you hard workers would you want to be paid zip for all your hard work??
    Last edited by dugantale; 03-03-2012 at 05:59 PM.

Want a graphic? Click my sig pic!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

When it comes to plat/plat pricing, it is simply not true that some of their decisions have been ridiculous. It has been showed several times on the forums that their decisions regarding plat have been spot on and the most fair to all concerned.

And just cause someone is not purposely going out of their way to conjur up things to complain about, does not mean they are brown nosing it. Brown nosers and forum whiners are not the only sort of peole on the forums.

Btw, just a small note, Winter Fest pricing was 2 plat per run, right?
    "How Wude! Mesa your humble Servant."
    "You can argue with me, but you can't aruge with the math." Foghorn Leghorn, 20th Century American Philospher

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    143 Posts

Why did you decide to take time out of your busy day to type this up? Is it on the wake of another bonehead move by the company in question, perhaps you're trying to solidify your choice for ambassadorship/guardianship, or maybe your day isn't filled enough and you just had to take up some of our time as well.

We are all aware that "STS is a business" and how are we aware of this fact, because players like you decide to toss that exact sentence out there as if it absolves the company of any responsibility it has to its players. Since you put it out there perhaps a play by play breakdown of your post is necessary:

Winter Fest 2011, brought us a pay per run feature that was viewed as greedy and defended with the idea that the devs were actually doing us a favor. By introducing a pay per play feature it allowed those without significant plat to get at least a few runs into the seasonal maps; however, if a one time price tag had been attached it's quite possible that there would have been more traffic through the campaign. Without any actual numbers it is impossible to tell if the move was smart or silly, but I personally just avoided the content completely due to the decision and I would have gladly paid for the campaign outright! As I recall it, the Winter Festival was 10p to run as much as you wanted, while the 2011 version was 2p each time, so can one really say that it was a better decision. Who really benefited from a 20% reduction in price that curbs one's playtime that drastically?

The "choice of free plat" is also a business move since they are getting paid by TapJoy and not the other way around. It's even quite possible that STS is being reimbursed for every free platinum that is awarded as a result of using the TJ wall. Free elixir (savvy business move) is used to show players what it's like to be buffed for an extended time; while giving away 5 min at a time, you're coercing players to want MOAR and subsequently priming them to shell out for the real thing. Finally, deal of the day is a subject I'm personally jaded with due to the What old school item that you can't get would you like to see brought back thread. In this thread SamHayne asked what item players out there would like the most, and after all the posts were tallied and Big Luck won by a landslide. How did STS award us for voicing our opinion, they did bring the item back but this time it had a price tag of 75p from 15p which is a 5x increase or 500%. So if I was in the business would I give away items... sure, I would also take a hard stance on either not reintroducing old content, or price gouging once I noticed that a particular item may be more profitable, and contests are supposed to have prizes so that would remain intact.

Where do you get your number for giving away $300 a day in free plat to the fans? Did I miss a thread where STS actually listed their earnings? Yes, they pay for the server but it's not like they are paying for it out of the kindness of their hearts (STS is a business, as you keep drilling into my head), they are earning off of their investment aka it takes money to make money.

It is probably hard work (I can only assume because I'm not there) but I don't recall anyone saying STS is greedy due to the fact that they don't give out more free plat. These other areas you are talking about (pvp, pve twinks, kdr and farming) are all being affected by the platinum decisions that are being made:
    1) PvP; depending on the level there are plenty of items that are only available via platinum and are the best available (premium character gear for L1-L20, Sniper's Helm, etc) so it's not like plat doesn't have any hold over that arena.
    2) PvE twinks; again depending on the twink level the purchase of plat only rings and other various plat only items are necessary for the best possible outcome.
    3) KDR; with the addition of the gain xp in any dungeon elixir (plat only of course), one can gain boost their kdr at the cost of plat.
    4) Farming; same as the rest, depending on where you are farming there may be a plat entrance fee (Sandstone Caves) or you may invest in a Shamrock elixir to increase your chances.

With all of the rage building around many of the issues that you're bringing up, aren't you just pouring salt on almost healed wound?! Plenty of players have left, taken a break, or got themselves banned over these topics and you're just mentioning them in polite (unnecessary) conversation?! It is obviously your opinion that STS is "making their fans happy and at the same time keeping their business up and running," are we really happy or we hoping that STS hears our pleas and refrains from making such choices in the future. Why wouldn't I complain about a little thing such as wasting plat, since that thing is equivalent to wasting money! Perhaps it isn't necessary to buy platinum, but the game sure is quite a bit more playable with it.

So in closing, I will forgive your bad grammar, but I won't forgive the fact that you took it upon yourself to defend the company with such a weak argument. You've said nothing new and almost every example you use has gaping holes in it. If you really want my thanks please don't make another thread that fails so epically.

Thank you.
    Last edited by Gluttony; 03-03-2012 at 10:40 PM.

12. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Gluttony For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

During Winter Fest, ONLY A TINY FEW, complained in bitterness that they THOUGHT that STS was being greedey. Most people did not and do not feel that way.

The subscription idea was a sham.

DoTD: They have explained probably a couple dozen times: They are selling those items becaue that's what players WANT TO BUY. They not going to sell things that players don't want to buy.

Who, exactly, is complaining or whinning about GOOD gear vs. junk gear being sold. Would you rather buy junk?

Yes, OBVIOUSLY STS is making fans happy. STS games are winning award after award. How many people actually think that the fans are not happy? Just a few people who are mad cause every tiny little decison has not gone their way.

These compaints are tired and old. But more importantly, they have been PROVEN to be wrong.

Nobody needs your forgiveness. And please do not attack someone simply cause you disagree with them.

Edit: For hundreds of years, let me repeat that:

For
    Hundreds
    of
    Years

businesses have used a marketing techniqe where prices start low to get customer interest, then prices get higher.

Businesses all over the world, for hundreds of years, in every industry has done this and do this everyday.

This stuff is optional, don't buy it if you don't want to.
    Last edited by Aikiebo; 03-03-2012 at 10:49 PM.
    "You can argue with me, but you can't aruge with the math." Foghorn Leghorn, 20th Century American Philospher

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

I agree with this thread. The app itself is worth AT LEAST 10 bucks imo...so yeah those of you trolling STS, think of what they actually do to make PL and SL a possibility.
    Kaytar

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    471 Posts

Gluttony hurry and reply please, I have my popcorn in hand

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Can we wait for a new reason to rehash this debate?

17. The Following User Says Thank You to StompArtist For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gluttony View Post
    Why did you decide to take time out of your busy day to type this up? Is it on the wake of another bonehead move by the company in question, perhaps you're trying to solidify your choice for ambassadorship/guardianship, or maybe your day isn't filled enough and you just had to take up some of our time as well.

We are all aware that "STS is a business" and how are we aware of this fact, because players like you decide to toss that exact sentence out there as if it absolves the company of any responsibility it has to its players. Since you put it out there perhaps a play by play breakdown of your post is necessary:

Winter Fest 2011, brought us a pay per run feature that was viewed as greedy and defended with the idea that the devs were actually doing us a favor. By introducing a pay per play feature it allowed those without significant plat to get at least a few runs into the seasonal maps; however, if a one time price tag had been attached it's quite possible that there would have been more traffic through the campaign. Without any actual numbers it is impossible to tell if the move was smart or silly, but I personally just avoided the content completely due to the decision and I would have gladly paid for the campaign outright! As I recall it, the Winter Festival was 10p to run as much as you wanted, while the 2011 version was 2p each time, so can one really say that it was a better decision. Who really benefited from a 20% reduction in price that curbs one's playtime that drastically?

The "choice of free plat" is also a business move since they are getting paid by TapJoy and not the other way around. It's even quite possible that STS is being reimbursed for every free platinum that is awarded as a result of using the TJ wall. Free elixir (savvy business move) is used to show players what it's like to be buffed for an extended time; while giving away 5 min at a time, you're coercing players to want MOAR and subsequently priming them to shell out for the real thing. Finally, deal of the day is a subject I'm personally jaded with due to the What old school item that you can't get would you like to see brought back thread. In this thread SamHayne asked what item players out there would like the most, and after all the posts were tallied and Big Luck won by a landslide. How did STS award us for voicing our opinion, they did bring the item back but this time it had a price tag of 75p from 15p which is a 5x increase or 500%. So if I was in the business would I give away items... sure, I would also take a hard stance on either not reintroducing old content, or price gouging once I noticed that a particular item may be more profitable, and contests are supposed to have prizes so that would remain intact.

Where do you get your number for giving away $300 a day in free plat to the fans? Did I miss a thread where STS actually listed their earnings? Yes, they pay for the server but it's not like they are paying for it out of the kindness of their hearts (STS is a business, as you keep drilling into my head), they are earning off of their investment aka it takes money to make money.

It is probably hard work (I can only assume because I'm not there) but I don't recall anyone saying STS is greedy due to the fact that they don't give out more free plat. These other areas you are talking about (pvp, pve twinks, kdr and farming) are all being affected by the platinum decisions that are being made:
    1) PvP; depending on the level there are plenty of items that are only available via platinum and are the best available (premium character gear for L1-L20, Sniper's Helm, etc) so it's not like plat doesn't have any hold over that arena.
    2) PvE twinks; again depending on the twink level the purchase of plat only rings and other various plat only items are necessary for the best possible outcome.
    3) KDR; with the addition of the gain xp in any dungeon elixir (plat only of course), one can gain boost their kdr at the cost of plat.
    4) Farming; same as the rest, depending on where you are farming there may be a plat entrance fee (Sandstone Caves) or you may invest in a Shamrock elixir to increase your chances.

With all of the rage building around many of the issues that you're bringing up, aren't you just pouring salt on almost healed wound?! Plenty of players have left, taken a break, or got themselves banned over these topics and you're just mentioning them in polite (unnecessary) conversation?! It is obviously your opinion that STS is "making their fans happy and at the same time keeping their business up and running," are we really happy or we hoping that STS hears our pleas and refrains from making such choices in the future. Why wouldn't I complain about a little thing such as wasting plat, since that thing is equivalent to wasting money! Perhaps it isn't necessary to buy platinum, but the game sure is quite a bit more playable with it.

So in closing, I will forgive your bad grammar, but I won't forgive the fact that you took it upon yourself to defend the company with such a weak argument. You've said nothing new and almost every example you use has gaping holes in it. If you really want my thanks please don't make another thread that fails so epically.

Thank you.
    Well said.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    162 Posts

With winter Fest I wasn't mad or raging just a bit surprised! Only thing I didn't like was how you cant get winter stuff on the 5s anymore =( and think... We got halloween practically free (Well cheap) so stop whining and dont be all like STS isn't greedy your stating the obvious... They are a business they do what they must... And currently that's ignoring this thread!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud Member of:
    <The Community Guild> PL Chars: Sryyoulose L76, swept L10
    SL Chars: Sryyoulose L40, Affair L28, XPLX L20

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Definition of a Gluttony: A forum user who mastered the art of English writing and can type up a descriptive and valid argument. Not likely to be ****ed with.
    Current Sig by
    SL Elite Death Squad

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RedRyder:582234
    Gluttony hurry and reply please, I have my popcorn in hand
    Hold my seat for me, I gotta go get mine! >8D

"Annie are you okay? Are you okay? Are you okay Annie?" - The King of Pop, Michael Jackson
    Down With the Rep

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hankomachos View Post
    Well said.
    Actually, almost everything he has said has been proven false.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    471 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aikiebo View Post
    Actually, almost everything he has said has been proven false.
    For your own sake, please put that shovel and pride of yours away.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

*eats popcorn*

I see Gluttony has this well put
    Main: Ardon lvl 41 Operative

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RedRyder View Post
    For your own sake, please put that shovel and pride of yours away.
    Pride has nothing to do with it. Everything in Gluttony`s post has been shown over and over to be false. The only exception is a few minor points that are insignificant to the issues at hand. For instance, he said that you have to spend plat to buy rings. That`s correct. But has nothing to do with the topic.

Rings are optional, don`t buy them if you don`t want. Or get free plat to buy rings.

But every main point has been proven to be false.