Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: This goes out for all my fellow engineers!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

Hehe ... Commando here a true tank combine me with one good engi and we are industructible and together usually wipe out mobs... Simply put my job is to go in blow up the room get all the agrro and have 'em all concentrated on me. This allows my good engi (art, morf and other pwnies n friends) to keep me upright so i can keep my aoe going and have mob all worried about me. With the help of a good engi i only have to use a few stims which allows me to use blue pots so i can keep throwing my skills at the mob.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default This goes out for all my fellow engineers!

Thanks for this! It really says a lot for us "real" engineers. And your right, a lot of eng play tank or dps instead of healing. Our healing is a gift! And our skills have cool down just like yours! Another thing really annoying is when someone types "rev me!" every 0.1 seconds then as soon as I clear the mob with the couple ops that are still alive and go over to rev he respawns! And we engineers use allot of mana pots. We have to because in every group there is that 1 person who thinks they have to get all the guys in 3 rooms and then demand heals and revs when they die and are mean because we "didn't do a good enough job healing me but when I die you heal everyone else enough to barley keep them alive!" and tanks do nee to do a better job. On delta 7 miner mc.gruik (or however it's spelled) I (the eng) always had to enter first cause all the coms an ops were to worried about being killed to go first. Then when they get in there they shoot everything! Anyone else have this problem? And art, thanks for this! I really like being able to tell everyone what bugs us!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ArtStar View Post
    So there are some things I'd like to get off my chest that I normally bite my tongue about in-game. I feel I am speaking for about 25% of the engineers in all of sl when I say these things, and that's a generous number. Because I understand that 75% of all engineers take their skills for granted, but thats a different subject all together. No, this thread is to all my fellow support class heroes who are struggling to do a good job. Just venting our side to the story, since I've seen many discussions on how "we need to learn our class."

STIMS, if we are far away and can not heal you, why do people refuse to use them!? If I have died and im running across the map to get back, USE STIMS instead of taking the time to write and demand heals from a dead engineer. If you can take time to demand heals I think you can use a couple stims. This is mainly an issue on mysterious figure runs. People LET themselves die at the boss demanding heals from a dead or non existent engineer. Non existent meaning, they switched to their toon with luck elixer which probably isn't an eng. Letting yourself die ruins it for everyone, especially on pink runs where people are throwing down 25 plat on luck/speed elixers.

HEALS, they are nothing more than a courtesy, don't think otherwise. Demanding them doesnt help anyone! Seriously do people think engineers can not see the teams health!? lol. Any decent engineer is watching the teams health, and is trying their best to keep those meters at 100%. I spam heals more than anyone I know and people still have the nerve to demand them like im doing a bad job. I know my job, and i take pride in trying to be the best at it.

REVIVES, again they are a courtesy. Demanding them after 0.2 seconds of being dead DOES NOT GET YOU REVIVED ANY FASTER. Again do people think we are blind? Think we can't see your dead body, see your health meter at zero, or hear your death!? Lol this infuriates me. x)

This isn't me trolling or hating on anyone so I hope no one takes it the wrong way. Just thought I'd share a few of my pet peves about being an engineer, and was wondering how many forum users, that are engineers, felt the same.
    ikr

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

What is your guild art? Can I join? Lvl 27 engineer. Greasy! Always looking for friends!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Anyway here is a nice motto
    Service with a smile ...No smile with a demand = NO Service for you lol.[/QUOTE]

Haha! I'll definitely use that motto!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ArtStar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by octavos View Post
    Im an engineer, i know my skills in/out. I heal because i can, and revive when ( I ) want too. Kill me with kindness and I help any way i can , be rude in anyway....and poof I disappear. I agree with whats posted, but no one sees my anger...I just vanish

Anyway here is a nice motto
    Service with a smile ...No smile with a demand = NO Service for you lol.
    Spoken like a true Star Gaurd :-)
    Ahahaha naimkidding.
    Yeah I feel the same way, I dont usually disappear as I am the one hosting every run I'm on though. I just boot x) I guess that is part of why I am not star gaurd material.
    I really don't blame you. Sl is a FUN GAME! If someone is being rude and ruining the fun then don't play with them! I don't boot people because I am practicing so maybe I can be a star guard but I will ask them to be nice.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

Run with me superkind... I always first in and never ask for heal or revive unless engi wants me to. I always carry a bunch of stims n pots so the engi can worry about others that have less armor n health. A true com will keep the aggro of mob on it so he or she can do the most damage and allows the ops and engi to do quick mop up duty. If i played as an op i would probably have 3x's the kills i have now.. but rather i like tanking it and with way my skills are set with some stims i was able to solo all of voleria... Sure i died a couple of times but stil made it.. a good mando with a good skill set for pve will always be great with a good engi.. engi's r so under appreciated for what they do.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default This goes out for all my fellow engineers!

Ok I'll definitely do that. You on now? I'm greasy (I think I mentioned that above)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by superkind:583189
    Ok I'll definitely do that. You on now? I'm greasy (I think I mentioned that above)
    At wrk right now friend but will be on later add my commando "ironhand" and when i get off i come find u and run with u.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    181 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by superkind View Post
    What is your guild art? Can I join? Lvl 27 engineer. Greasy! Always looking for friends!
    I'm the gm of Sparkling Pwnies, and of course you can join buddy. Ha ha we generally recruit lvl36+ though. This way it usually weeds out any non serious players and we can all play at the same level. I can recruit you to our sub guild for lower than 36 players who are dedicated to becoming Sparkling Pwnies, this guild is run by Ironhand's alt, and is called Lil Pwnies.
    A true Star Legend...
    |SL: Eng-Artstar, Op-Demoneyes, Comm-Skullflower|

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Couldn't have said any of this better!

My biggest gripe is when people expect engineers to be the first to charge into a mob. We work best when we charge in with others, healing and protecting. We're not tanks, and shouldn't be expected to act as such. And don't yell for heals/revives when you charge ahead and leave the safety of the group. I'm not ignoring you, I'm simply tending to the needs of the many!

I'm honestly surprised at the number of high level players (I'm lvl 34) who take us for granted.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    181 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Notato View Post
    Couldn't have said any of this better!

My biggest gripe is when people expect engineers to be the first to charge into a mob. We work best when we charge in with others, healing and protecting. We're not tanks, and shouldn't be expected to act as such. And don't yell for heals/revives when you charge ahead and leave the safety of the group. I'm not ignoring you, I'm simply tending to the needs of the many!

I'm honestly surprised at the number of high level players (I'm lvl 34) who take us for granted.
    Yeah, I find myself tanking and leading a lot of the teams I am on being an eng. I am kind of a tank at heart so I'm usually trying to take aggro and try to control the momentum of my teams. Ha ha the best feeling is when you time all your heals right and see everyone's health shoot back to max. All you really need is one engineer on a team spamming heals, but it hels a lottttt having a back-up eng for those needed revs.
    Last edited by ArtStar; 03-06-2012 at 11:50 AM.
    A true Star Legend...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

Only time i get mad at an eng is when they don't have revive skill...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

As a tanking ccommando since i take the lead a lot in groups i make sure i have enough stims to hold me over until an engi as able to spam heal... Doing it this allows me to keep the agrro of the mob so others can mop up and keeps the firing away from engi's so they can help us out. I always try to make sure i am a feww steps ahead of the group but this is by design of the way i have my skill set fixed to do maximum aoe damage, the armors i carry to maximize my health and armor value and since i usaully carry a large amount of stims n mana pots. This allows me to protect the group especially engi's and the engi does not often have to worry about me except for the occasional getting pushed into a mine... Hehe.. another reason i like to be ahead of group.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    181 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Hand View Post
    As a tanking ccommando since i take the lead a lot in groups i make sure i have enough stims to hold me over until an engi as able to spam heal... Doing it this allows me to keep the agrro of the mob so others can mop up and keeps the firing away from engi's so they can help us out. I always try to make sure i am a feww steps ahead of the group but this is by design of the way i have my skill set fixed to do maximum aoe damage, the armors i carry to maximize my health and armor value and since i usaully carry a large amount of stims n mana pots. This allows me to protect the group especially engi's and the engi does not often have to worry about me except for the occasional getting pushed into a mine... Hehe.. another reason i like to be ahead of group.
    Lol yeah thats why you are an awesome tank to run with!
    A true Star Legend...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ArtStar:584012
    Lol yeah thats why you are an awesome tank to run with!
    Ty art it is all fun for me ... <3Artstar<3 ... Besides i like to crack jokes while run and make fun of myself along the way too... Objective: put a smile on ppl's day. Mission accomplished

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    181 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Hand View Post
    Ty art it is all fun for me ... <3Artstar<3 ... Besides i like to crack jokes while run and make fun of myself along the way too... Objective: put a smile on ppl's day. Mission accomplished
    Yep yep, thats what it is all about.
    A true Star Legend...

Lady_Pebbles

Amen to all that Art... Heh then people wonder why we are picky with who we run with, disappear unannounced, boot them from -our- runs, and take action as a semi-tank when some Comms don't do their jobs right?

Now ya know. >__>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    181 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_Pebbles View Post

Amen to all that Art... Heh then people wonder why we are picky with who we run with, disappear unannounced, boot them from -our- runs, and take action as a semi-tank when some Comms don't do their jobs right?

Now ya know. >__>

Lol right right, it is frustrating at times.
    Only when I play with randoms mostly,
    Our pwnies are pretty considerate and do their class right.
    A true Star Legend...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

I totally agree with art on this. She points out every reason about what we engineer suffer about. Nice going art and standing up for the engineer league! ( league= class get it? )
    Proud reaper of The Dead Society