Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: This goes out for all my fellow engineers!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    181 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Eyesharp View Post
    I totally agree with art on this. She points out every reason about what we engineer suffer about. Nice going art and standing up for the engineer league! ( league= class get it? )
    Ha ha tyvm for the good feedback :3
    Nice meeting you in the game today.
    A true Star Legend...
    |SL: Eng-Artstar, Op-Demoneyes, Comm-Skullflower|

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    181 Posts

Now this is a thread that should be "necro'd" to remind everyone to be nice to engineers
    A true Star Legend...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    351 Posts

I love Engineers <3
    "Still Retired but casually dueling in PvP from Time to Time"
    EXTREME BOSS SLAYERS Are Back!
    Wanting a signature? Send me a Pm (SL credits only)

Jumping through those holes in time and space
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    118 Posts

Praise engineers!

*does comm backbreaker*

Let me explain the lateness of signatures with a page of my homework.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    142 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ArtStar View Post

So there are some things I'd like to get off my chest that I normally bite my tongue about in-game. I feel I am speaking for about 25% of the engineers in all of sl when I say these things, and that's a generous number. Because I understand that 75% of all engineers take their skills for granted, but thats a different subject all together. No, this thread is to all my fellow support class heroes who are struggling to do a good job. Just venting our side to the story, since I've seen many discussions on how "we need to learn our class."

STIMS, if we are far away and can not heal you, why do people refuse to use them!? If I have died and im running across the map to get back, USE STIMS instead of taking the time to write and demand heals from a dead engineer. If you can take time to demand heals I think you can use a couple stims. This is mainly an issue on mysterious figure runs. People LET themselves die at the boss demanding heals from a dead or non existent engineer. Non existent meaning, they switched to their toon with luck elixer which probably isn't an eng. Letting yourself die ruins it for everyone, especially on pink runs where people are throwing down 25 plat on luck/speed elixers.

HEALS, they are nothing more than a courtesy, don't think otherwise. Demanding them doesnt help anyone! Seriously do people think engineers can not see the teams health!? lol. Any decent engineer is watching the teams health, and is trying their best to keep those meters at 100%. I spam heals more than anyone I know and people still have the nerve to demand them like im doing a bad job. I know my job, and i take pride in trying to be the best at it.

REVIVES, again they are a courtesy. Demanding them after 0.2 seconds of being dead DOES NOT GET YOU REVIVED ANY FASTER. Again do people think we are blind? Think we can't see your dead body, see your health meter at zero, or hear your death!? Lol this infuriates me. x)

This isn't me trolling or hating on anyone so I hope no one takes it the wrong way. Just thought I'd share a few of my pet peves about being an engineer, and was wondering how many forum users, that are engineers, felt the same.

Attachment 8370

well done arty, i forget some times when im on my op and i begin to get mad at the eng for not healing properly then i remember how much i hate it when people do it to my eng im going to work on that after all its a game for fun not grief

6. The Following User Says Thank You to akfury For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    162 Posts

Same with PL of this forum wasn't 13... Well I'd have a lot to say about those people.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud Member of:
    <The Community Guild> PL Chars: Sryyoulose L76, swept L10
    SL Chars: Sryyoulose L40, Affair L28, XPLX L20

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

Holy $%*@ It's a Engineers

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    127 Posts

yo yo yo!

operative TANK here!

i hear ya Art! and agree almost with everything.. as the quality players are rare nowadays i usually do all-team-job myself (soloing Voleria makes you learn lol)

i mean it's a common thing now - for coms - not to tank and for engies - not to heal, so i pack up with hundreds of stims and tank&heal not waiting for other 'shy' members to do their jobs (as it might never happen)

if engies heal me - i perceive that more as a bonus to my own stim-spamming, not the only source of health... if coms tank - i perceive that as a bonus help to my own tanking..

weird times lol

the only thing i wanna clear out is this:

REVIVES, again they are a courtesy. Demanding them after 0.2 seconds of being dead DOES NOT GET YOU REVIVED ANY FASTER. Again do people think we are blind? Think we can't see your dead body, see your health meter at zero, or hear your death!? Lol this infuriates me. x)
    personally, i have 'rev me pls' as a quickchat option and use it right after im dead

WHY?

because some engies, being not-that-great-as-Star can really miss my death in the heat of a battle and also to show my team engie where is my dead body lies as it could be missed out in the blazing hell of skills and piles of dead enemies as soon as we look almost the same as scorns we r fighting

so please, dont be mad at dudes who say 'rev pls' as soon as they r dead - they want TO HELP YOU, not to bug you

P.S.
    i really miss my wife stopped playing due to the lack of content and 'not girlish' lvl 40 armor (obviously she's not as hardcore as i am and thanx God lol) She was so great i never spent A SINGLE stim on first 3 Voleria maps.....

she's the best engie at Jedi Council.. i remember guildies were trying to get into our map not to run with me as a GM (that instantly becoming the second motivation), but to run with her as she was terrific enough to always use plat rev if got killed so others won't have to wait till she runs back ))
    click my sig to join

Got a SCAMMER to REPORT? DO it HERE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    181 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by flashbackflip View Post
    if engies heal me - i perceive that more as a bonus to my own stim-spamming, not the only source of health... if coms tank - i perceive that as a bonus help to my own tanking..

WHY?

because some engies, being not-that-great-as-Star can really miss my death in the heat of a battle and also to show my team engie where is my dead body lies as it could be missed out in the blazing hell of skills and piles of dead enemies as soon as we look almost the same as scorns we r fighting

so please, dont be mad at dudes who say 'rev pls' as soon as they r dead - they want TO HELP YOU, not to bug you
    Ha ha people think engineers to be boring and not very challenging, but when a good eng gets in the zone it can really boost a teams momentum. Killing in Star Legends is like second nature to me now so I really enjoy the challenge of healing and supporting the team at the same time. There are a lot of lazy players IMO lol, if tanks tanked, and ops sniped the enemies they are suppose to focus on while an eng heals/buffs there is no stopping that team. Those are the groups I have a lot of fun running Voleria with I still enjoy it, I'm fed up with Voleria but V5 runs are always fun from time to time. I'm slowly getting more active, look for me in-game sometime! I love running with randoms.

Ha ha and no worries I can tell the difference between being rude and generally just trying to get my attention.
    I really don't mind the quick chats, people usually make up random things and sometimes they're awesome.
    A true Star Legend...

11. The Following User Says Thank You to ArtStar For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

My name is Zero amd im a Engiholic.....
    Na jk hey guys ive switched from Commamdo to become a Engineer. Love the class it brought back the passion i loved of SL. So add me ingame name is still Zero. Hope to see ya'll in some runs and the upcoming content.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by flashbackflip View Post
    yo yo yo!

operative TANK here!

i hear ya Art! and agree almost with everything.. as the quality players are rare nowadays i usually do all-team-job myself (soloing Voleria makes you learn lol)

i mean it's a common thing now - for coms - not to tank and for engies - not to heal, so i pack up with hundreds of stims and tank&heal not waiting for other 'shy' members to do their jobs (as it might never happen)

weird times lol

the only thing i wanna clear out is this:

personally, i have 'rev me pls' as a quickchat option and use it right after im dead

WHY?

P.S.
    i really miss my wife stopped playing due to the lack of content and 'not girlish' lvl 40 armor (obviously she's not as hardcore as i am and thanx God lol) She was so great i never spent A SINGLE stim on first 3 Voleria maps.....

she's the best engie at Jedi Council.. i remember guildies were trying to get into our map not to run with me as a GM (that instantly becoming the second motivation), but to run with her as she was terrific enough to always use plat rev if got killed so others won't have to wait till she runs back ))
    Now this is a good point. But also ive noticed i can stand on the corpse and they not recieve the rev. But i have patience too so a quick "man down" is a good thing!.
    Last edited by *Zero*; 06-08-2012 at 06:17 AM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to *Zero* For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    181 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by *Zero* View Post
    Now this is a good point. But also ive noticed i can stand on the corpse and they not recieve the rev. But i have patience too so a quick "man down" is a good thing!.
    Lol whenever someone has been dead more than a couple seconds I usually let them know why. I'll say "recharge" or something.
    Alot of the times I'll take forever to rev is because I already flashed a rev to buff the team moments before the death.
    That little mini buff helps in it's small way and it's good practice for when I max out revs skill points.
    A true Star Legend...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts

Oh yes. When I'm on my engineer and they spam "rev, rev" I make em wait longer lol.
    Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes; after that, who cares?! He's a mile away and you've got his shoes! -Billy Connolly

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    181 Posts

I see this thread is in need of a bump!
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...eer-disrespect
    Be nice to Engineers!
    A true Star Legend...

18. The Following User Says Thank You to ArtStar For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Taipan View Post
    Only time i get mad at an eng is when they don't have revive skill...
    Lol I ran into a few of these. I just don't get why they can put at least one skill point into revive. Although the last one I ran into at least warned us he couldn't revive...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

I dont have revive

-Raghav

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    181 Posts

From time to time you'll come across offensive Engineers without revs and stuff, lol its normal.
    They help, just not as much on the support front.
    A true Star Legend...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    142 Posts

From time to time you'll come across offensive Engineers without revs and stuff, lol its normal.
    They help, just not as much on the support front.
    rev is for wimps who dont own stims

Jumping through those holes in time and space
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    118 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by akfury View Post
    rev is for wimps who dont own stims
    Or wimps like me, the custom commandos who got pushed into a mine by enemies by running in first like I'm supposed to

Let me explain the lateness of signatures with a page of my homework.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Hm I dont know why commandos dont take the lead, I always try to take the lead even if there is a lv40-41 commando in there already. I think coms should be the ones that blow up everything in their path to protect their engineer

Shoes are shiniest when the day is dull
    Garvhoz- lv40 commando/lv16 warrior/lv? bear

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Garvhoz For This Useful Post: