Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Vanities/Items returning each year

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Default Vanities/Items returning each year

Dear Cinco, I feel like there has to be a way to get over with the "items returning" problem once and for all. Since items return without us knowing which might return and which won't, and the items that return would probably be really rare but then come back and we lose profit, what if we receive some info about that ? For example, we can start sith the obvious events/periods. Winter/Christmas, Valentines, Halloween. Are the dedicated outfits for these events always going to come back each year? They came back each year so far from cold weather which was the very first outfit added to cupid and other sets. Are these vanities always going to be back each year ? As a suggestion, if they will always come back, I suggest their cost increases in plat and yes in a ridiculous way too, speaking of thousands of plat for example. That should have applied for the trinity and other arms this event but it's too late, and the "rare" things now are simply nothing. This question applies to other every, like this one we had armors with the trinity return, are they always going to return ? Summer outfits are they always gonna return? The ancient vendor which includes iron hand sets, glass masks and so on. Is that ever returning? Undead ? Bandanas for plat ? I feel like we don't know what's rare and what's worth buying anymore that'sthe only reason I made this thread. So far every single thing I bought so far was supposed to be "rare" but then later I see them coming back for a small amount of plat. Then I start looking for something else that is rare, grind to buy it and then boom it returns and becomes cheap. It's no good for merching to have only helix as a rare item, I don't want to grind to only buy a low level weapon that helps with nothing just to be sure I don't lose profit, and even that is still uncertain if you ask me, because the helix returning argument is one sided if you ask me. Bring me anyone that thinks helix shouldn't come back and I'm gonna make sure to prove to them that it should and they won'thave anything else to say. PS: ONLY 00.1% OF THE PEOPLE THAT HAVE HELIX AT THE MOMENT, ARE OLD PLAYERS. Everyone else are new players that bought it somehow when it was being sold for 19mil on auc when dark legends started updating, and the reason they sold this "rare" item was because items like bvh elder tear undeadhammers and axes all returned for plat. And a small amount of plat. Which was unfair on their side of you ask me. Anyone would do what they did based on what they saw that was returning. So I assure you the.old players that have helix which are the only ones that we should be speaking of behalf, are only 2 or 3 players. Everyone else that owns helix at the moment, never actually had helix. Just bought and got lucky because of the silly items returning matter, including me I even admit it. I have helix and I want it to return because literally every other rare thing I had, came back and I am kinda over it. It makes more sense to me to have it return just like everything else. Bring it as lvl51 and the lvl26 stays. Just like old black heart gems and elder gems or hammers, they came back as higher levels and the lower levels normally stay. Very simple.

And if anyone has any idea of what other events there are that brought us vanities and wonder if they'llcome back or not, add them below please cause I can't recall everything at the moment.

So Cinco, please. Enlighten us. It feels like these are lost causes. Whether it's helix or the vanities returning. Help!
    Last edited by Everlights; 08-15-2020 at 03:13 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Everlights For This Useful Post:

3.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #2
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,150 Posts

First a multi-part question from me: what price are you asking for Helix? What are you willing to accept for Helix? Have you lowered the asking price in order to sell it while still making a profit?
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cinco For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

first of all i wanna apologize for my last thread mistake i was just mad at that fact that why people act rude just dont say anything if u dont have anything positive to say

anyways
    u said that things should come back with a huge amounts of plat which leads to the point that helix will somewhat cost 30k plats because of how rare and how expensive it is as well as many have there eyes on it idk much and im not gonna say much.

but them theres also is a weird thing about how the item prices are in game 2bn 3bn 500m <.< thats huge amounts no kidding is there a way to fix these prices cause i feel like im in the stock market prices can go down or up anytime lol anyways....

helix is a lvl 26 item what are u gonna gain by getting it back 0-0 sometimes people who have em tell me its **** and then soon the sell it off just scream for helix ull get a response how much lol we have much much better looking weapons now as well as stronger ones such a the gelid which was a dam good choice plus colour by cinco and his crew.

just dont bring it back otherwise we know how dl players react lol(except for a few)
    Last edited by Deusagor; 08-15-2020 at 01:21 PM.
    V Elite V Discord Server!
    !Click Here to Join!-----> https://discord.gg/hQHKx5cE47 <-----!Click Here to Join!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    First a multi-part question from me: what price are you asking for Helix? What are you willing to accept for Helix? Have you lowered the asking price in order to sell it while still making a profit?
    Fantastic questions! First question: I'll be straight forward with you. I hate to say it, but if I am to sell helix right at this moment after all these events and items/vanities returning, I would try to milk the highest price possible from a buyer. In general, people ask for more than 2billion now a days.

Second question: It's a bit hard to answer this one, because you see there are no other rare stuff now a days that are worth accepting, in exchange for helix. Personally, I would ask for stuff that have the potential to increase in price later on, so I can make profit off them in the future~which is how merching works at least in my view in order to make profit. But now to be Frank with you, there is nothing worth getting, you see normally I'd accept cupid set, avenger, trinity, umm red classic bath, items like this. But you see right now I wouldn't accept those because they all returned for plat either several times or twice at least which means they're cheap now and it's not worth it anymore, and guess whattt I have sold a second helix I had for those items which means I lost so much profit and it's nt the first time, which encourages me now to not bother and sell the last one I have for anything and stick to it like crazy or ask for an insane price instead, because real talk someone name something worth getting now a days for helix and if I'm convinced. In contradictory to what I answered in the first question, I'll gladly sell it even if it's a cheaper price than what people sell for, I go for items that will make me profit in the future, not make me lose a lot of it.

Third question: I guess my other answers answer this one.. if I am to sell cheaper than usual in these circumstances when nothing is worth obtaining, I will never make profit because those items are cheap and will never get higher especially that they return and people are aware of that.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Everlights For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Deusagor View Post
    first of all i wanna apologize for my last thread mistake i was just mad at that fact that why people act rude just dont say anything if u dont have anything positive to say

anyways
    u said that things should come back with a huge amounts of plat which leads to the point that helix will somewhat cost 30k plats because of how rare and how expensive it is as well as many have there eyes on it idk much and im not gonna say much.

but them theres also is a weird thing about how the item prices are in game 2bn 3bn 500m <.< thats huge amounts no kidding is there a way to fix these prices cause i feel like im in the stock market prices can go down or up anytime lol anyways....

helix is a lvl 26 item what are u gonna gain by getting it back 0-0 sometimes people who have em tell me its **** and then soon the sell it off just scream for helix ull get a response how much lol we have much much better looking weapons now as well as stronger ones such a the gelid which was a dam good choice plus colour by cinco and his crew.

just dont bring it back otherwise we know how dl players react lol(except for a few)
    I'm really trying to put effort here speaking of this matter so can you please at least comment something helpful with an argument maybe? First, No item costs over a billion except helix. Second, 30k is an insane plat number that you just threw in, you could have suggested a number instead of throwing in words. Doesn't matter the amount of plat it surely wouldn't be more than 1k plat because It has no reason to be, if you read what I've said carefully you can tell where I'm coming from. Which is not gambling the price of helix but talk about bringing it back at all instead. Red bath and blue bikini costed 500m+ but they came back for 300 plat. Trinity 500m+ but also are now 300 plat. You get it? We're talking about having it back in the first place not gamble it's price

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Everlights For This Useful Post:

10.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #6
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,150 Posts

A cornerstone of virtual items’ secondary market is the fact that none of the items are perishable. If instead of Helix you had a thousand pounds of beef, you’d need to freeze it to maintain its value and then sell it before it spoiled. If the Helix never returns you don’t need to sell it, you can just assume that you have the equivalent of its gold value so long as its in your stash. On the other hand, if Helix does return and you’re holding it thinking that it’s worth billions you “lose gold” because the market doesn’t support your asking price. Here is the kicker tho: in every case where the item is not selling it doesn’t have any actual value (unless you’re selling for real money on the black market - but that’s a whole other can of worms that we are not discussing here).

You should assume that items will return. You’re here on the forums so you are aware that a growing majority of players are asking for the return of Helix in particular. I’ve resisted this because I still see a difference between event items and level cap items, but it is probably just a matter of time before everything old comes back and there are only new items in collectors stashes.

When collectors sit on items for years at a stretch it doesn’t help the economy, it makes new players and less monied older players feel desperately inadequate and it leads to widespread community initiatives to “bring back” items of value that only a few active players still possess. My advice is to sell stuff when you have a buyer that offers a reasonable price.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Cinco For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

A cornerstone of virtual items’ secondary market is the fact that none of the items are perishable. If instead of Helix you had a thousand pounds of beef, you’d need to freeze it to maintain its value and then sell it before it spoiled. If the Helix never returns you don’t need to sell it, you can just assume that you have the equivalent of its gold value so long as its in your stash. On the other hand, if Helix does return and you’re holding it thinking that it’s worth billions you “lose gold” because the market doesn’t support your asking price. Here is the kicker tho: in every case where the item is not selling it doesn’t have any actual value (unless you’re selling for real money on the black market - but that’s a whole other can of worms that we are not discussing here).

You should assume that items will return. You’re here on the forums so you are aware that a growing majority of players are asking for the return of Helix in particular. I’ve resisted this because I still see a difference between event items and level cap items, but it is probably just a matter of time before everything old comes back and there are only new items in collectors stashes.

When collectors sit on items for years at a stretch it doesn’t help the economy, it makes new players and less monied older players feel desperately inadequate and it leads to widespread community initiatives to “bring back” items of value that only a few active players still possess. My advice is to sell stuff when you have a buyer that offers a reasonable price.
    Cinco sir you said soon enough all old items will return back and I've two questions from that :
    First will we be getting the elder blood stone of sprite, moon stone of grind and beast stone of drive because those are actually needed due to the minute number of tradeable versions of it because presently only 4 players I know own those gems and none of them I asked are selling at any price then also Gonzalo the vanity thief because you said he would return in a future event so I'd like to know if this will be soon too so that most of the glassmasks that are being hoarded e.g the royal curse and love slice's glassmasks can be made available to all who desire to collect them
    My second question is , will all the items from events stop returning after all the old items come back ?
    Hopefully you can say something on this because many of us are interested in knowing what you've to say about this

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    141 Posts

People are selling helix for extreme amounts nothing in game is even worth the trade, it’s ridiculous. That’s why so many people always beg for it to come back somehow just like the other previous event items. I say you keep it’s rarity by only adding 50 helix in store like how some rare items are sold on Arcane Legends store.

Or u could also put it in a chest like Arcane Legends chest that give you a chance of getting it (making it really rare tho)

Also that gargoyle pet was a level cap item 🧐 and it was brought back in a different color...
    Last edited by Tinkerbelldoll; 08-15-2020 at 03:01 PM.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Thank you for the reply Cinco, I agree with all the points you made.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Vykryth was not only recoloured but even worse. It was a drop back in previous Halloween events and yes I'm old enough that I even know that, it dropped along with the ghost and other pets really easy which made it become really cheap ALTHOUGH it is a level cap item (31) cap. So I guess this cancels the level cap item difference for helix, if it doesn't then I don't know what does

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Everlights For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Evildantee View Post
    Cinco sir you said soon enough all old items will return back and I've two questions from that :
    First will we be getting the elder blood stone of sprite, moon stone of grind and beast stone of drive because those are actually needed due to the minute number of tradeable versions of it because presently only 4 players I know own those gems and none of them I asked are selling at any price then also Gonzalo the vanity thief because you said he would return in a future event so I'd like to know if this will be soon too so that most of the glassmasks that are being hoarded e.g the royal curse and love slice's glassmasks can be made available to all who desire to collect them
    My second question is , will all the items from events stop returning after all the old items come back ?
    Hopefully you can say something on this because many of us are interested in knowing what you've to say about this
    Gems return under different names and levels, and that's very irrelevant at the moment, let's focus on the important things

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    95 Posts

Now morethan 10 players selling helix for gold. You know why Cinco, they want to hoard the gold atleast a billion gold. The scenario in the market is now becoming balanced. I aint saying fully balanced.
    The DL market should not be an asset of some rich players. Indeed, who are all holding helix now days, they are not real old players. And they are not allowing DL gaming community to grow. Because,
    1) when newbie player start today to play this game. That new Player cann't manage gold for Blood Packs initially
    2) new player may buy new outfits/gold for plats, but still cannt co-up with DL market items.
    3) The rare concept is designed based on the item by some players(item introduced year & whether it returns or not). If item returns, then its not rare.
    4) Now everything returning... Why not reforged, recoloured helix??? It should come to balance the DL market first.

Cinco, now it's time to introduce the High Level Vanities. An option to wear different shoes/glows/wings. Customisation on character.

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    95 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Everlights View Post
    Vykryth was not only recoloured but even worse. It was a drop back in previous Halloween events and yes I'm old enough that I even know that, it dropped along with the ghost and other pets really easy which made it become really cheap ALTHOUGH it is a level cap item (31) cap. So I guess this cancels the level cap item difference for helix, if it doesn't then I don't know what does
    Absolutely. If vykryth can drop which is lvl 32 cap item. Why not helix?

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    95 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by themythrise View Post
    Absolutely. If vykryth can drop which is lvl 32 cap item. Why not helix?

Sry lvl 31 cap item, Even Book pet lvl 36 cap returned in last event with effect. Why not helix???

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Gems return under different names and levels, and that's very irrelevant at the moment, let's focus on the important things
    I agree but you missed the part where I spoke about Gonzalo coming back because I mean the glassmasks I mentioned are very difficult to get because many people hoard them and even when you find someone selling either the royal curse glassmask or love slice's glassmask you'll have to pay 300m at least which makes no sense if you ask me since the rarity of those items is as a result of hoarding and not because only a few players own them which is why I think Gonzalo should return too .I'm sure many players wouldn't mind if he returned to be frank

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Evildantee View Post
    I agree but you missed the part where I spoke about Gonzalo coming back because I mean the glassmasks I mentioned are very difficult to get because many people hoard them and even when you find someone selling either the royal curse glassmask or love slice's glassmask you'll have to pay 300m at least which makes no sense if you ask me since the rarity of those items is as a result of hoarding and not because only a few players own them which is why I think Gonzalo should return too .I'm sure many players wouldn't mind if he returned to be frank
    I believe that that vendor returned enough times to be frank, it's been there everywhere and on many events as a side vendor

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

no one seemed to get my point but umm here goes nothing what i said is to not mess with helix let it be how it is btw the 30k plat i was just saying that cause the guy on top said a weird amount helix was a lvl cap item for 26 u dont get a small point tho

cause ik a few peeps who are working hard to get helix in their hands ahem

if he she gets the price 2b for helix and suddenly it pops in market how do u think he/she would feel cause on ur way to 2b u get majority of dl items but ur main goal was destroyed i think that bringing back helix is legit one of the most dumbest topics i have seen in game due to ur greed no doubt anyone can see that plus why dont u focus on giving ideas to cinco rather then complain all day on what u want
    !Click Here to Join!-----> https://discord.gg/hQHKx5cE47 <-----!Click Here to Join!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

cause when i did give him an idea i had to comments saying this is a useless topic please close i was legit like LOL thats the moment i saw the mentality of a few peeps on what they think

and if u wanna know the mentality its Vanity vanity....vanity and not actual updates.apart from 1 event i enjoyed everyother one cinco brought weapon stats that was a dam good choice if i had mentioned the stats i bet everyone would have objected to it but anywayd its DL after all

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Deusagor View Post
    no one seemed to get my point but umm here goes nothing what i said is to not mess with helix let it be how it is btw the 30k plat i was just saying that cause the guy on top said a weird amount helix was a lvl cap item for 26 u dont get a small point tho

cause ik a few peeps who are working hard to get helix in their hands ahem

if he she gets the price 2b for helix and suddenly it pops in market how do u think he/she would feel cause on ur way to 2b u get majority of dl items but ur main goal was destroyed i think that bringing back helix is legit one of the most dumbest topics i have seen in game due to ur greed no doubt anyone can see that plus why dont u focus on giving ideas to cinco rather then complain all day on what u want
    Well at this point I think everything should return because if you're gonna talk about people feeling bad if they spent 2b on helix only for it to return then what about people like myself who spent tons on armour sets only for them to come back for plat during this event or my friends who paid close to max gold for trinity only last week and now it's available for both tokens and plat.
    Already cinco has said that eventually all old items will return so let's just leave it at that point and keep moving forward

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

I believe that that vendor returned enough times to be frank, it's been there everywhere and on many events as a side vendor
    Tbh bro idk but I think it came a lot in early parts of 2018 before I returned to play but I just think it should come back one more time at least for those of us who weren't around during that time frame