Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: STS where's the 2000 plat option?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    378 Posts

Yeh, i hope they have the 2k in DL cuz i was gonna buy one right away, if not idk if ill even buy any in DL for awhile, I will be restraining from plat in PL too until next cap

2.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #62
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Hey guys,

The 2,000 Platinum option was intentionally removed. We are always looking at our business and how it works. Lately, we've been asking, "What is a single Platinum worth?" The wide range in pricing per Platinum leads to some skewed perceptions of that value.

I can't say if the 2,000 package will make a return, or if other packages will replace it.

As always, we thank you for your support and patronage.

Respectfully yours,

Samhayne
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

There was never a 2000 platinum options nor a 1000. I don't know what you're talking about. It must've been before I played but why would anyone wanna waste over $50.00 on a game anyways?
    Jugernuget (66) Proud Member of Hella Good
    <a href=http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=63456&dateline=1329747605 target=_blank>http://www.spacetimestudios.com/imag...ine=1329747605</a>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    Hey guys,

The 2,000 Platinum option was intentionally removed. We are always looking at our business and how it works. Lately, we've been asking, "What is a single Platinum worth?" The wide range in pricing per Platinum leads to some skewed perceptions of that value.

I can't say if the 2,000 package will make a return, or if other packages will replace it.

Respectfully yours,

Samhayne
    Thanks for clearing that up! Looking forward to see these possible 'replacements'

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jugernuget wants back View Post
    There was never a 2000 platinum options nor a 1000. I don't know what you're talking about. It must've been before I played but why would anyone wanna waste over $50.00 on a game anyways?
    Sry for the double post...

2000 platinum has been available from since I started, and has only been recently removed (like 1 or 2 days ago). It was available through the web store. So please get your facts straight before claiming it was 'never' there'

U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    313 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jugernuget wants back:584112
    2k plat was available for android users, and through sts website. "wasting"money on something is an opinion.
    gf.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    Hey guys,

Respectfully yours,

Samhayne
    Well i hope something replaces it and i hope its soon.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54483&dateline=131136  6901
    PL-Ghosts | SL-DL-AL- Ghost | SL-DL-AL-Octavos

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

I just got a mail from Mjolstin. I figured I'd post it here because it states the 2000 plat pack WILL return

---

Mjolstin, Mar 06 15:23 (CST):
    Hello,

We have temporarily removed the 2000 platinum package from the webstore and android market. It will be back, we appreciate your patience.

Sincerely,

Mjolstin
    Spacetime Studios

U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    378 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JaytB:584121
    I just got a mail from Mjolstin. I figured I'd post it here because it states the 2000 plat pack WILL return

---

Hello,

We have temporarily removed the 2000 platinum package from the webstore and android market. It will be back, we appreciate your patience.

Sincerely,

Mjolstin
    Spacetime Studios
    YAY!
    )) <---double chin

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JaytB View Post

---

Hello,

Sincerely,

Mjolstin
    Spacetime Studios
    I wonder at what price

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

the greedyness doesnt still doesnt have an end... :/
    btw. this offer for sure wont come back for the next 2 months when all the new content comes out...
    - PL - Founder and proud C.O.T. officer
    RicciTS > DEX Bird L77 | Ricci > INT Mage L76 | XCarver> STR/DEX Bear L71
    and many more....

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Riccits For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Riccits View Post
    the greedyness doesnt still doesnt have an end... :/
    btw. this offer for sure wont come back for the next 2 months when all the new content comes out...
    I agree with the greed. How many games cost 50 or more a month to get the full enjoyment out of. I need plat bring back the 2k option. This is the most expensive game I have ever played. I love this game, but quit asking for more plz

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fncrazy View Post
    I agree with the greed. How many games cost 50 or more a month to get the full enjoyment out of. I need plat bring back the 2k option. This is the most expensive game I have ever played. I love this game, but quit asking for more plz
    Stop spending. Come on. You can do it. Say it with me: Don't hit Confirm. Don't hit Confirm. Don't hit Confirm.

Star light, star bright...

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fyrce For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

I think there just seing if with the realease of of humania, that if with no 2k option will we spend just as much plat. If we do then we spend same amount of plat but more money because no 2k option(like we buy 3x800 equals 2400 plat for$150 to get 3 toons to 71 instead of 1x2000 plat for $90 to get all 3 toons to 71 so the would make $60 on all acounts which adds up) , if not then was it enough to be equal atleast in money(10x2000 equal $900 and 16x800 plat equals $900). If they see that the taking away of the 2000 plat option doesnt effect them money wise or worse it increase there revenue that option will be gone for good.

Hopefully sales go down enough or to the point were they have to bring back the 2k option to make $$$$. STS is a business so dont hate guys and all companies do this it just STS has always been super cool and friendly with there customer(had not seen a company that good) so when they do a certain marketing moves its like the world is ending because plats is going up(its called supply and demand). Hope this help people understand what is happening.
    Lv76 Full Dex Bird Supernamek, Lv76 Full Int Nuke Mage Supersongokou, Lv76 Tank Bear Darkpiccolo, Lv76 Tank Support Rhino Darknamek, Lv76 Full Dex DOT Fox Kakkorot

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Ok. There are some things STS have made that I have voiced as "greedy" in the past (Xmas 2011 for example) but the removal of the 2000 plat option is def. not one of them. Stop trying to turn this into some "evil STS scheme to get more plat". STS has certainly not randomly removed the option and has decided to remove it for monetary reasons that is a given, Sam has said that they are currently experimenting and investigating the worth of 1 plat, likely the 2000 plat option does not fit with this strategy and therefore they had it removed. Relax, it's not critical to your gameplay to get the 200 plat extra the pack gave you. Chill out folks.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to StompArtist For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

Great chat the other day JayTB Thought I'd find your post and have a read, glad that it appears a replacement is coming our ways, hopefully sooner than later

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fncrazy View Post
    Actually, there are tons of f2p games that cost way, way, way more tto play "to get full enjoyment out of".

It's simple ridiculous to suggest that plat in this game is somehow "mandatory" to get the full enjoyment out of it. You can do 99%of STS games with no plat.

That's true for most f2p games. But, STS has been far less aggressive with getting the most funds out of their players compared to other games.

And the most ironic thing is that most of those games were not as expensive to develop or maintainl. They do not try nearly as hard as STS. We are getting far more for our dollar than many gamers. They are working far, far harder for their revenue than most f2p games.

They are the opposite of greedy. They are giving us more for our money. They are doing exactly what every company does. They just doing it better by giving us more for our money.

And the Winter Fest pricing was not greedy, it was the reverse of greedy. Because it was the most fair for all players and STS.
    Last edited by Aikiebo; 03-07-2012 at 10:06 PM.
    "How Wude! Mesa your humble Servant."
    "You can argue with me, but you can't aruge with the math." Foghorn Leghorn, 20th Century American Philospher

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    378 Posts

STS could have got way more money than by ruining the winter fest for many farmers, the pay per run thing was completely unnecessary. Ok if it was to be fair to the players by saving some ppl who only paid 4 plat for the 2 runs for vanities, why didnt they offer a 1 time purchase pass for ppl who wanted to farm to save their plat?

They could easily make some more AMAZING items like the omnipotent crown of dreams and have them go for 500 plat, many would buy them. They could make a gold drop gain elixir increasing the gold from mobs u get. They could make more elite dungeons. They could make more pvp map. All of which I would gladly pay plat for. Just like I paid for every map outside of Forest Haven, Dark Forest, Nuris, and Mt Fang.

Fading back on to topic, I, as of now, am not saying the removal of this plat pack was due to greed, I thank Sam for updating us on the situation. And his reason makes sense. The 2k plat pack was about 4 and a half cents per plat, the 30 plat pack was 16 and two-thirds cents per plat, when you multiply those out to the plat some ppl have bought, that difference is kinda confusing, and they already said it would be returning.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

You can still buy 2000 plat. It will cost $35.00 more than it does now. That is less than 2 cents a plat. People say that adds up. Well, yeah, duh. But, nobody should be spending more than they can afford. Plat is completely optional. It is there for those who can afford it.

And what is wrong with people, lol? Get a grip. Business raise prices all the time. ALL THE TIME. How long, tell me, how long has that 2000 plat option been available? They haven't raised the price in a long time, maybe NEVER. Now, I'm not saying they going to raise the price on it when/if they bring it back. But, if someone has to pay an extra $35 for 2000 items then that is the way business works.

All businesses raise their prices from time to time. That is normal and necessary.

Oh, and btw, Please get a grip, just about any real life game (non-video game) would cost well over $50 a month if you played it often. Life costs money.
    Last edited by Aikiebo; 03-07-2012 at 11:36 PM.
    "How Wude! Mesa your humble Servant."
    "You can argue with me, but you can't aruge with the math." Foghorn Leghorn, 20th Century American Philospher

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

guys comon, we all know it, to play in the elite area of PL u need plat and if u have many chars u even need more. most of the PLer just want PVP, they dont want waste their time with endless grinding also. good vanitys also cost a lot. 2000 plat already wasnt a deal for everyone, just for ppl wich loves PL. 35$ more is much!

there are other ways to gain money, that arent the right ones!

i really woudnt mind to spend it, but since ao3/sewers and all those money went to SL and DL instead of something new in PL!

atm i dont see any reason to spend more money on a game wich gave me very less new content since a year, sorry....
    - PL - Founder and proud C.O.T. officer
    RicciTS > DEX Bird L77 | Ricci > INT Mage L76 | XCarver> STR/DEX Bear L71
    and many more....