Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: STS where's the 2000 plat option?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    313 Posts

^^ completely agree. If sts thinks doing away with the 2k option is going to make me buy more of the 800 option, theyre wrong. :/ personally, ill still buy plat, but ill be a lot more frugal with it. Pretty much everyone I talk to feels the same way.
    gf.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JaytB View Post
    My bet is that they won't change it (if they change it) until after DL is released and after the leveling frenzy when the new lvl cap is released. I hope I'm wrong though.
    I hope your wrong, jezz this could be a major turn off...people that were dormant and haven't been on forums much will be in for a major awakening. I would be surprised to see more threads like this.

I have become more of a casual player and have accepted the fact that it will not return, as walk hard stated "ill be frugal" and buy vanities as they appear on deal of the day.
    no reason to cap, for one vanity...or for new armor. we have all expressed our hatred, and i see this as have really bad repercussions.
    Last edited by octavos; 03-29-2012 at 11:42 AM.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54483&dateline=131136  6901
    PL-Ghosts | SL-DL-AL- Ghost | SL-DL-AL-Octavos

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Atlannie View Post
    This is true in most cases. However, it doesn't really apply in this situation. Here is why...

This change only affects those that bought the larger plat pack. So in essence you are doing two things:

1. You are alienating those that bought the largest pack.
    2. You will likely lose those players from play buying, or they will buy significantly less.

In essence, this change is not going to increase the number of players that buy plat which would result in more stable income. Instead, it will likely decrease the number of players buying it. It is also possible the number will stay the same, but overall income will be affected because they will buy less. In the worst case they will stop playing the games altogether.

Like I mentioned before, this "test" they are doing could be very dangerous for STS. Your other comments about he trickle down affect of people quitting is also very true. IMO, this would be the most critical aspect of all of this.
    I will point it out again because the logical error continues to be repeated.

The people who spent $90 at a time are NOT NECESSARILY the largest group of buyers. They are also NOT NECESSARILY the ones who USE PLAT FASTEST. They are merely those who buy plat the cheapest.

There is NO DATA available to us supporting the claim you are repeating. Bargain hunters simply are not the ones who spend the most money. That conclusion can't be drawn.

Meanwhile, if STS did not already have an accountant watching this closely, they would be stupid beyond the pale. I don't believe they are that stupid. It has been well over a month. If what you are saying were true, it should have been changed back long ago.

-----

Different angle:

Thrasher abusers, IMO, are making the game obnoxious to regular players. Just like the Victory Lap rushers before them, and the Mynas Gen leechers before them, the Thrasher Gen has made the game unpleasant at the highest level. They boot non-Thrashers. They make the game playable with zero skill. They get better drops, which makes other people jealous, they go too fast, they repeat the same maps, and generally create an environment of have and have-not. They farm the best items and sell them at outrageous prices. And in the end, it is THE OTHER PLAYERS who leave feeling that the game is MADE FOR RICH PEOPLE! It is not that much different from what happened in O&C when the items you could buy for plat were better than the ones that dropped, except, while these items drop, they mostly drop for the players who use Thrashers.

Thrashers cost 40 plat (cheaper for guild, but it screws up my math). That's 20 Thrashers for $50 at the current best price, or $2.50 per Thrasher, or 10 hours. The 2K plat pack got you 50 Thrashers for $90, or $1.80 per Thrasher, or 25 hours.

If you want to stop Thrasher abuse, standard logic says to raise the price. But why penalize those who do not abuse them? So instead, eliminate the 2K plat pack. Those who abused Thrashers could bring their price down by getting plat at the 2K price. So, eliminate the 2K option and maybe it will tone down the Thrasher abuse.

I don't know, because I have been avoiding the high levels. Has Thrasher abuse been decreased since this change? If so, I might go play the high levels again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Snakespeare View Post
    I will point it out again because the logical error continues to be repeated.

The people who spent $90 at a time are NOT NECESSARILY the largest group of buyers. They are also NOT NECESSARILY the ones who USE PLAT FASTEST. They are merely those who buy plat the cheapest.

There is NO DATA available to us supporting the claim you are repeating. Bargain hunters simply are not the ones who spend the most money. That conclusion can't be drawn.
    Don't know where you read that. I never said anything of the sort in that post.

Meanwhile, if STS did not already have an accountant watching this closely, they would be stupid beyond the pale. I don't believe they are that stupid. It has been well over a month. If what you are saying were true, it should have been changed back long ago.
    Nah, that's not necessarily true either. When would you think the most money gets spent on plat? My guess would be the day new content comes out or soon after. That would be the true test. At least it seems like common sense to me...

I don't know, because I have been avoiding the high levels. Has Thrasher abuse been decreased since this change? If so, I might go play the high levels again.
    All I can say is that I rarely see any all thrasher runs. In fact, its become uncommon that I see anyone using thrasher at all. Only a select few that I always see on thrasher. I can also tell you this. I'm sitting on about 800 plat, most of which would have been used already had they not taken away the 2000 plat pack. Instead, I will most likely wait until Humania comes, use up what I have, and probably not buy any for a while.

Finally, not sure about this comment. I don't see how an accountant is going to be able to forecast how 2000 plat buyers can/will/won't start buying smaller plat packs. I'll repeat my claim, this does not affect smaller buyers. Their prices did not change. The only change was for the bigger buyers. No amount of analysis is going to tell you how these people will react. That's why its a risk.
    Last edited by Rare; 03-29-2012 at 12:49 PM.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

In fact, its become uncommon that I see anyone using thrasher at all. Only a select few that I always see on thrasher. I can also tell you this. I'm sitting on about 800 plat, most of which would have been used already had they not taken away the 2000 plat pack. Instead, I will most likely wait until Humania comes, use up what I have, and probably not buy any for a while.
    That's great news. The Thrasher-heads were totally harshing my buzz.

As to your purchasing habits, that's cool, but I wonder if you're not proving my point. Now that you have to pay $2.50 for a Thrasher instead of $1.80 you are being more sensible. But perhaps you were not abusing Thrashers in the first place? So I can't really draw that conclusion.

Meanwhile, the rich players (and from the above I can tell you are not one) will not let a 2 cents a minute increase stop them from farming on Thrashers. They want those bows that Emma drops so they can have the largest fortune in the game. I recall that [famous merchant name withheld, but see his most recent thread!1!] says he has purchased over 10K plat. It's not for me to judge other people, but I will not spend a thousand dollars on a video game. If I had so much real money that I could, then the price would not matter to me. So I gather a thousand dollars is not a lot of money to him.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

That's great news. The Thrasher-heads were totally harshing my buzz.

As to your purchasing habits, that's cool, but I wonder if you're not proving my point. Now that you have to pay $2.50 for a Thrasher instead of $1.80 you are being more sensible. But perhaps you were not abusing Thrashers in the first place? So I can't really draw that conclusion.

Meanwhile, the rich players (and from the above I can tell you are not one) will not let a 2 cents a minute increase stop them from farming on Thrashers. They want those bows that Emma drops so they can have the largest fortune in the game. I recall that [famous merchant name withheld, but see his most recent thread!1!] says he has purchased over 10K plat. It's not for me to judge other people, but I will not spend a thousand dollars on a video game. If I had so much real money that I could, then the price would not matter to me. So I gather a thousand dollars is not a lot of money to him.
    I'm not sure what constitutes a thrasher abuser. I never booted for not using thrasher, but I did use them regularly when leveling.

If STS's point here is to make people more sensible about their spending, that's their prerogative, but it wouldn't make sense. I am not rich by any stretch, but even if I was, I probably wouldn't dump it into the game. It doesn't matter what it is... if I pay for something (and I already consider it a little expensive, but worth it), then there is a 60% increase in the cost, I'll probably stop buying it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

That's cool. You have to do what's right for you. I've already spent a couple hundred dollars on these games. I'm not going to spend more until there is new content. We each have our different reasons.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

This is true in most cases. However, it doesn't really apply in this situation. Here is why...

This change only affects those that bought the larger plat pack. So in essence you are doing two things:

1. You are alienating those that bought the largest pack.
    2. You will likely lose those players from play buying, or they will buy significantly less.

In essence, this change is not going to increase the number of players that buy plat which would result in more stable income. Instead, it will likely decrease the number of players buying it. It is also possible the number will stay the same, but overall income will be affected because they will buy less. In the worst case they will stop playing the games altogether.

Like I mentioned before, this "test" they are doing could be very dangerous for STS. Your other comments about he trickle down affect of people quitting is also very true. IMO, this would bThat e the most critical aspect of all of this.
    That is my point... They will get less incime from less ppl, the income would be more stable buy providing more value. Thus more ppl buying plat, and income from more ppl would be more stable.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mejslll View Post
    That is my point... They will get less incime from less ppl, the income would be more stable buy providing more value. Thus more ppl buying plat, and income from more ppl would be more stable.
    Hmmm. Not sure how you got that from what i said. i don't think more would buy plat. At best, it would be the same. At worst, everyone that bought the big pack would no longer buy plat.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

why are we not getting feed back from a dev on this... it is taking too long, thus building frustration. i am in no position to demand an answer, how ever i think it is a fair request to give us you final answer or announce a date you will make one.

based on that i will make my final decison on my assoication with pl and other spacetime games. please take that respectfully, and know if you provide us with a strong precieved value we will all stay - that increase potential to buy more plat. you (spacetime) make more money.

thanks guys anxiously awaiting you answer.

Mej

and pls c my other requests about adding more value to what we need (imo)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Long posts make me go @_@(wooooooooooo)

12.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #212
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

The 2000 Platinum purchase option is back. Details at http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...e-and-Webstore
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com