Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: STS where's the 2000 plat option?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aikiebo View Post
    You can still buy 2000 plat. It will cost $35.00 more than it does now. That is less than 2 cents a plat. People say that adds up. Well, yeah, duh. But, nobody should be spending more than they can afford. Plat is completely optional. It is there for those who can afford it.

And what is wrong with people, lol? Get a grip. Business raise prices all the time. ALL THE TIME. How long, tell me, how long has that 2000 plat option been available? They haven't raised the price in a long time, maybe NEVER. Now, I'm not saying they going to raise the price on it when/if they bring it back. But, if someone has to pay an extra $35 for 2000 items then that is the way business works.

All businesses raise their prices from time to time. That is normal and necessary.

Oh, and btw, Please get a grip, just about any real life game (non-video game) would cost well over $50 a month if you played it often. Life costs money.
    You should consider not getting so offended and defensive when people voice their opinions.

Things only change when opposition voices their displeasure.

Unfortunately, sts wanted platinum to be a very big party of their games. Of course raising the prices is going to cause uproar. I personally think it is a terrible business strategy because it will alienates the people that provide you the most income.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JaytB View Post
    I just got a mail from Mjolstin. I figured I'd post it here because it states the 2000 plat pack WILL return

---

Mjolstin, Mar 06 15:23 (CST):
    Hello,

We have temporarily removed the 2000 platinum package from the webstore and android market. It will be back, we appreciate your patience.

Sincerely,

Mjolstin
    Spacetime Studios

Could you please then also make it available through the iOS store / ingame iOS devices? Much appreciated....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

@ Elyseon The last two paragraphs of your last post I completely agree with.

Winter Fest 2011 pricing was absolutely the most fair for everyone involved. It was the most fair to STS, to the player who only wanted the 2 vanities, to the collector and to the farmer.

Optional content is where STS makes their money. It is only natural and right for them to come up with a pricing plan that will be the most profitible and the most fair to ALL players.

Any business person anywhere in the world would have done the same thing. Anyone of us, if we were in their shoes would have also. You can't ask them to make BUSINESS DECISIONS based on sentiment. Charities do not run on sentiment. Why should STS?

It was only fair and right for collectors and farmers to pay more to play Winter Fest than non-farmers. Why? Because that is the way video games work. That is the way life works. Farmers were hoping too make millions in coin. And they only wanted to invest 10 plat? LOL If you are in business and want to make a killing in the market, it is going to cost you to do that. It takes money to make money.

Why should one guy spend 10 plat and get 2 no-trade vanities. And another guy spend 10 plat and make millions?

When ever a business makes a pricing decision, they use statistics, customer feedback, gut instinct and past performance. ALL those factors culminate into what basically is a judgement call.

Afterwards, they analyze. If a sucess they do some more. Obviously, Winter Fest 2011 was a huge sucess. Only a tiny few people are complaining.

I know people are not trying to be selfish when they complain about Winter Fest. But, step back and think for a minute. It is unfair for people to complain about that. STS has done an amazing job and deserve a decent profit. 2 plat was 9 cents. Now it is 12 and a half cents.
    Last edited by Aikiebo; 03-08-2012 at 10:35 AM.
    "How Wude! Mesa your humble Servant."
    "You can argue with me, but you can't aruge with the math." Foghorn Leghorn, 20th Century American Philospher

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The Flash View Post
    I think there just seing if with the realease of of humania, that if with no 2k option will we spend just as much plat. If we do then we spend same amount of plat but more money because no 2k option(like we buy 3x800 equals 2400 plat for$150 to get 3 toons to 71 instead of 1x2000 plat for $90 to get all 3 toons to 71 so the would make $60 on all acounts which adds up) , if not then was it enough to be equal atleast in money(10x2000 equal $900 and 16x800 plat equals $900). If they see that the taking away of the 2000 plat option doesnt effect them money wise or worse it increase there revenue that option will be gone for good.

Hopefully sales go down enough or to the point were they have to bring back the 2k option to make $$$$. STS is a business so dont hate guys and all companies do this it just STS has always been super cool and friendly with there customer(had not seen a company that good) so when they do a certain marketing moves its like the world is ending because plats is going up(its called supply and demand). Hope this help people understand what is happening.
    Good points here, money talks and if you are an avid PL player that buys the 2k often enough to be effected by its removal ( like me) then talk with your money and show your influence by not spending if you don't agree with the product. STS is in an evaluation process for a reason, all businesses do this, and all consumers have the opportunity to present thier opinions through the power of purchase.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Skeokateva For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

@Atlannie oh, no offense taken at all, so no worries there. But, people really do need to 'get a grip'. It has been, what over a year, maybe close to a year and a half since 2000 plat has been only $90. Now, at least for a time, 2000 plat costs $35 more. Who here doesn't agree that virtually all business raise prices.

Another way of saying 'gotta get a grip' is: 'reality check'. Businesses raise prices. This is optional content of a video game.* All business raise prices. It is the way life works.

I am very glad that people are stating their opinion. But remember, the 'uproar' has come from only a TINY MINORITY of players. It is obvious that Winter Fest was a success. Most people had no problem with the 2-plat per run thing.

If some people get alienated because of price issues, STS isn't at fault and can't really do anything* about someone else's negative attitudes.

@Riccits Playing the elite level and playing multiple characters are both completely optional. If someone doesn't want to do it, they don't have to. It is optional. Optional content is where STS makes their money.

Of course STS* makes their optional content fun and interesting. Otherwise, nobody would want to play it, LOL.

But, you, me and everyone eles knows, buying plat is not MANDATORY. No one is being 'coerced' into buying plat. Just ask the players who are constantly posting and bragging about how they got to cap or play the game without elixirs. They go on and on about this because they actually think playing without elixirs makes them better players, LOL. Of course that is not true, but a different subject. But, there are plenty of people who brag about not using elixirs. You can play 99% of this game and have tons of fun without buying plat.

I know that VERY FEW players want to spend, as you put it, "endless hours grinding". I agree. This is the MAIN thing that makes power leveling so SIZZLING RED HOT in this and virtually every other game. But, if people can't afford to buy a lot of plat, they shouldn't.

The idea that STS is somehow wrong for asking for more money despite they 'haven't provided new content' is another empty myth. A myth is something that is false, wrong, not true. It is something that people are saying that they don't ever back up. Why? Because they can't. It's not possible. Becaue it is not accurate.*
    "You can argue with me, but you can't aruge with the math." Foghorn Leghorn, 20th Century American Philospher

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

@Atlannie oh, no offense taken at all, so no worries there. But, people really do need to 'get a grip'. It has been, what over a year, maybe close to a year and a half since 2000 plat has been only $90. Now, at least for a time, 2000 plat costs $35 more. Who here doesn't agree that virtually all business raise prices.

Another way of saying 'gotta get a grip' is: 'reality check'. Businesses raise prices. This is optional content of a video game.* All business raise prices. It is the way life works.

I am very glad that people are stating their opinion. But remember, the 'uproar' has come from only a TINY MINORITY of players. It is obvious that Winter Fest was a success. Most people had no problem with the 2-plat per run thing.

If some people get alienated because of price issues, STS isn't at fault and can't really do anything* about someone else's negative attitudes.

@Riccits Playing the elite level and playing multiple characters are both completely optional. If someone doesn't want to do it, they don't have to. It is optional. Optional content is where STS makes their money.

Of course STS* makes their optional content fun and interesting. Otherwise, nobody would want to play it, LOL.

But, you, me and everyone eles knows, buying plat is not MANDATORY. No one is being 'coerced' into buying plat. Just ask the players who are constantly posting and bragging about how they got to cap or play the game without elixirs. They go on and on about this because they actually think playing without elixirs makes them better players, LOL. Of course that is not true, but a different subject. But, there are plenty of people who brag about not using elixirs. You can play 99% of this game and have tons of fun without buying plat.

I know that VERY FEW players want to spend, as you put it, "endless hours grinding". I agree. This is the MAIN thing that makes power leveling so SIZZLING RED HOT in this and virtually every other game. But, if people can't afford to buy a lot of plat, they shouldn't.

The idea that STS is somehow wrong for asking for more money despite they 'haven't provided new content' is another empty myth. A myth is something that is false, wrong, not true. It is something that people are saying that they don't ever back up. Why? Because they can't. It's not possible. Becaue it is not accurate.*
    They do. But this is a unique business with a fragile audience. We aren't talking about mcdonalds raising the cost of their big macs by .50.

One bad mistake can mean life or death for your product. Especially since the people affected most are the ones that are paying the bills.

It is entirely possible though that old players will just be replaced by new players.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Atlannie View Post
    They do. But this is a unique business with a fragile audience. We aren't talking about mcdonalds raising the cost of their big macs by .50.

One bad mistake can mean life or death for your product. Especially since the people affected most are the ones that are paying the bills.

It is entirely possible though that old players will just be replaced by new players.
    Exactly. Its much better to have a good prediction on how these decisions will affect players. Espescially the plat buyers.

You're probably right about the new replacing the old. But it would be better if the old remained and new players were always added.
    Main: Ardon lvl 41 Operative

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

If this was an intentional change, one of two things are going to happen over the next 1 - 3 months.

1. Total revenue from plat sales is going to increase. If this happens, this may become a long-term change. Also, if this happens, it will be great for the game.

Or:

2. Total revenue from plat sales is going to decrease. If this happens, this change will most likely be reversed. If this happens, this will also be great for the game.

Btw, there has been a ton of threads on this forum for many months about how for Apple the high limit was 800 plat.
    If people are having a hard time with this advance math, they can get out their Trac Phone and use the calculator, lol. Three $50 packs would net ya 2400 plat. 2400 > 2000. 150/2400=0.0625. That is 0.0175 more than it used to cost. 0.0175 < 2 cents.

Btw, Drew gets today's kookie cookie award!! Grats lol

As stated 1000x, no body should buy more plat then they can afford. Or, if you want to make a statement by not buying, that is peferfetly fine thing to do. They want to know the objective and accurate reality of the situation.

But, just like Winter Fest, they had a real good idea in advance that it would be a popular success. Otherwise, they would have tried the idea that would have seemed more likely to succeed.

No one in the STS offices said, "You know, I really doubt that anyone is going to pay 2-plat per run, but you know what--- LET'S TRY IT ANYWAY!!!

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts

You talk about $35 and 2 cent increases as if they were nothing, Aikiebo.

When it comes down to it, if there is no package above the $50 package, players who used to buy the $90 package will end up with a 39% increase. In the business world I work in, if you ask your highest paying / long-time customers to pay you 39% more for the same product, I guarantee you'll end up with a high percentage of them dropping you completely.

Another way to put it is it's basically like turning $4 per gal. gas into $5.60 per gal.

Fyrce, I and others were chatting about this when this thread first came out. There aren't a whole lot of price points between the $50 and $90 packages that would make sense for both STS and the players. The consensus seemed to be that STS probably doesn't want to be any lower than 5 cents per plat, which is basically $79.99 for 1,600 plat or $99.99 for 2k plat. Anything above $100 for 2k plat would simply have the perception of being too high, in my opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixking View Post
    Grrr they answer drews question but not mine! That makes me mad,grrrrrrrrrrrr!
    Quote Originally Posted by Physiologic View Post
    We have leet lv 55-56 players dying at Plasma Pyramid...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengotengo View Post
    It's like someone gave me a bag of M&Ms, but there's a handful of candy-coated rabbit turds in the bag somewhere.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to drewcapu For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Drew, I in no way, acting like $35 is nothing. I know for many that is a lot. I, myself, have not been able to buy plat for a while. Truth is this will make it easier for me in one way and bit more difficult for me in another way.

But, sometimes people need to think of something other than just themselves. For me, at least, the question: Is plat optional or not? is kind of secondary.

I think that what really the main question is: Does STS deserve to make enough and/or more profit than they have been making. Do they have the right to raise prices? I doubt anyone doubts that. But, is it a good idea? I think that is the main question.

First off, we not sure they are raising prices with this. We'll have to see. I hope ftlog that they don't start a third currency for any one of the games.

The fact that plat is optional in a video game makes it bit different than gas or food. How many times have you seen a bunch of nuts protesting the cost of ski lift tickets. Skiing is an optional activity. Buying plat is an optional activity.

But, as I said, read my last post. If this turns out to be a mistake, they will fix it. But, just like Winter Fest they had a real good idea in advance. But, wanted to run a test.

Look at STS's press page. Then tell me they don't deserve to make huge profit. They haven't raised the price of plat in how long? A year and a half? Never? How fast is gas going up?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

But, sometimes people need to think of something other than just themselves. For me, at least, the question: Is plat optional or not? is kind of secondary.

I think that what really the main question is: Does STS deserve to make enough and/or more profit than they have been making.
    First, no, you are incorrect. I am a consumer. I don't have to look out for others. I expect to get the best deal i can get. when i spend my money, I'm not concerned with what other are willing to spend or "deserve".

What Drew is saying is exactly correct. This isn't about what STS deserves. I do not run a charity. It seems like that is the focus of a lot of your arguments when it comes to p2p and sts.

STS is providing a product for people to consume. They set a price point and kept it there for a long time. All of a sudden, there is a rather large price hike. Naturally many will not be happy. Some will quit. Some will complain. I don't know why you're appalled by that.

This is a chain of events. This is not one occurrence that people are frustrated by.

Also, you keep saying people should not buy more than they can afford. I'm not sure where you're going with that. Who does that? that comment is precisely the point behind my argument. I will buy what i can afford. And now, that amount is considerably less than it was a week ago.

The fact that plat is optional in a video game makes it bit different than gas or food. How many times have you seen a bunch of nuts protesting the cost of ski lift tickets. Skiing is an optional activity. Buying plat is an optional activity.
    If you ski, ski lifts are essential. Yes skiing itself is optional.

If you play pl, for a lot of people plat is essential to enjoy the game (which btw was sts's intent). For example, one of my favorite parts of the game is the end lvl vanity. That would be impossible to accomplish on my 3 toons wo plat. In this case playing pl is optional. This is what sts needs to be weary of.
    Last edited by Rare; 03-08-2012 at 09:52 PM.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rare For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

the whole game is an optional that i may woudnt need. i dont have to play it neither. STS need to offer us something we want to spend money if they wanna stay alive. in my life ive never mind to spend money if i get something for it. but PL didnt satisfy me since almost a year now.
    business raise price yeah, but normally they offer more, in PL we didnt get much more.
    well optional content wasnt really fun, winter festival and halloween was just copys of last year and only there to make gold, nothing more.
    idk how long u play PL. but we really played 1 year without such plat purchases and had fun. now farming turns into pain without plat.. they design dungeons to make us buy elixes, thats obviously, all old players know the differences from the past.
    PL without plat possible? yes. Realistic? no...
    - PL - Founder and proud C.O.T. officer
    RicciTS > DEX Bird L77 | Ricci > INT Mage L76 | XCarver> STR/DEX Bear L71
    and many more....

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Riccits For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

I think that what really the main question is: Does STS deserve to make enough and/or more profit than they have been making. Do they have the right to raise prices? I doubt anyone doubts that.
    no they dont deserve with the actual situation. no, actually they should lower prices and offer more to get more ppl for this game.
    with removing the 2k plat, they rise price, but no offer... at least not for PL.

iam also not really exited for DL, it will be another game wich needs a lot plat to be competitive...
    - PL - Founder and proud C.O.T. officer
    RicciTS > DEX Bird L77 | Ricci > INT Mage L76 | XCarver> STR/DEX Bear L71
    and many more....

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Riccits For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

The game was only made more expensive for the biggest plat spenders. The ones who buy 2000 plat on a regular basis are put at a disadvantage here. The ones who occasionally buy some plat remain unaffected. I could've understood if plat prices in general would've gone up, because then it would've affected all of us equally, but that isn't what happened here. As said, it's only STS's best customers that are affected by this. And that's a strange decision the way I see it.

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

20. The Following User Says Thank You to JaytB For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    378 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aikiebo:585640
    Winter Fest 2011 Why should one guy spend 10 plat and get 2 no-trade vanities. And another guy spend 10 plat and make millions?
    Why? For one, time. According to your logic endgame pinks should drop more to those who spend the most plat.

Also the 2 plat per run system may have not been such a big deal if theyre hadnt already been a precedent for a 1 time 10 plat price. Thats what they did in 2010 and no one complained, I bought it and at the time didnt understand farming so i came out with like 4 items and the vanities. I didnt find that unfair, I just revised my plan as I gained more experience and understood the game more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aikiebo:585905
    They haven't raised the price of plat in how long? A year and a half? Never? How fast is gas going up?
    Yes STS deserves alot, which is why I have bought that plat I have. But how does plat relate to gas prices? o_O
    Gas is in high demand as a limited resource, platinum is a virtual currency with and infinite supply.
    Gas has a relatively same number of buyers, PL continually is growing with number of plat buyers constantly increase.
    Last edited by Elyseon; 03-09-2012 at 01:55 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

The game was only made more expensive for the biggest plat spenders. The ones who buy 2000 plat on a regular basis are put at a disadvantage here. The ones who occasionally buy some plat remain unaffected. I could've understood if plat prices in general would've gone up, because then it would've affected all of us equally, but that isn't what happened here. As said, it's only STS's best customers that are affected by this. And that's a strange decision the way I see it.
    Yup, i just wont be as competitive when i play....ill be more of a casual player, In SL i was as hardcore as they come. But the 2k is what i bought every update. ill just sit back and relax, no need to cap as often even with a elite vanity, just cant do it. Hopefully it does return and permanently.

I want to be a hard core player in SL, I really do...but having limited options just forces less choices.
    In my 2k i bought...
    -I would cap 3 toons
    -Buy vanities (plat store)
    -buy plat armors and wepons
    -buy credits or gold
    -and keep me in game longer.

Anything left over was used for other alts...and gifts to other lower level players. please help us devs..
    Last edited by octavos; 03-09-2012 at 01:14 PM.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54483&dateline=131136  6901
    PL-Ghosts | SL-DL-AL- Ghost | SL-DL-AL-Octavos

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Exactly how i feel.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Elyseon View Post
    Why? For one, time. According to your logic endgame pinks should drop more to those who spend the most plat.

Also the 2 plat per run system may have not been such a big deal if theyre hadnt already been a precedent for a 1 time 10 plat price. Thats what they did in 2010 and no one complained, I bought it and at the time didnt understand farming so i came out with like 4 items and the vanities. I didnt find that unfair, I just revised my plan as I gained more experience and understood the game more.
    This is off topic, but you can apply this precedence argument to stashing elite vanities also

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Thumbs up Shhh

I love reading the forums here to stay updated and meet the players personalities. Some threads are often exhausting to sort through. Over analyzing and re analyzing over and over and over. Let it go. Trying to get the very long winded last word in is like punishment to people like me who just want a simple read and a little info.

Oh, and correcting myself to stay on point...erhem... I would like the 2000 plat pack brought back. Of course it was a ridiculously better deal, so I chose to spend a little more to get a lot more. Can't say that I will continue to want to afford the 800 plat pack. I only did perhaps when its all I wanted to spend at the moment. The value of that for me is too little to purchase on a regular basis especially when plat items IMO are over priced as well. Maybe its silly, but I personally tend to spend more real money on what I perceive to be a better bargain, and tend to be completely frugal if it isn't. Feast or Famine, that's what I say!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

JaytB, I understand what you're trying to say. Or at least I am trying to understand. I think you're saying: That if the big plat spenders hadn't spent so much then the plat would cost less. Trying to say that they set a precedent. Is that what you are saying?

If so, yeah, but, that is only about 2% of the reason. It's an over simplification and not too sophisticated analysis.

Long time ago, I talked about players who sometimes get a mild case of tunnel vision. This is natural. People can only see what they can see. But what we got going on in these issues is a MAJOR case of tunnel vision.

98% of the reason why plat is expensive is because the entire f2p gaming industry is not a mulit-BILLION industry. All f2p are expensive to play unless you want to old-school it. The number of major plat buys in STS is miniscule. When looking at the big picture, you'd have to use a microscope to see them.

The fact is, STS devs have been MEEK compared to most other games. Frankly, I don't totally understand why. I think they are so focused on giving us our money's worth that they focusing on stellar content vs. tweaking every nano-second of play time into maximum financial gain.

People are hating and ragging on STS, shedding tears and shaking fists at a bunch of devs who have since day 1 given us more for our money then other devs. They have asked for less of our money than other devs.

We are lucky compared to most other f2p games.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Aikiebo For This Useful Post: