Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: STS where's the 2000 plat option?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by angeldawn View Post
    Man all I know is this really upsets me :-(

Makes me not want to buy play at all :-(
    All or nothing huh....I hear ya....tis sad, very sad.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54483&dateline=131136  6901
    PL-Ghosts | SL-DL-AL- Ghost | SL-DL-AL-Octavos

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Atlannie:586172
    This is a chain of events.

This is not one occurrence that people are frustrated by.

If you ski, ski lifts are essential. Yes skiing itself is optional.

If you play pl, for a lot of people plat is essential to enjoy the game (which btw was sts's intent).* For example, one of my favorite parts of the game is the end lvl vanity. That would be impossible to accomplish on my 3 toons wo plat.
    At some point, people are going to have to come to terms with the FACT that buying plat is optional. I find it hard to believe that people are even arguing that it is mandatory.

If I don't buy plat, do I get banned? No.

If I decide to only level one character to cap, do I get banned? No.

If I decide not to play PVP with plat gear, do I get banned? No.

If I decide to no level my first charcter to cap, do I get banned? No.

These things are all optional. Why? Because they are not mandatory. That is how 'opposites' work.

In f2p games a 'pay wall' is a spot that once you get there it is absolutely impossible to continue unless you spend real-life money.

PL has no pay wall. WoW does. In WoW you can play totally for free until level 20. Then there is a pay wall. (Don't get me wrong, I don't think there is anything wrong at all with pay walls, just saying PL don't got one.) WoW is a hybrid game. PL is not. PL is a dedicated f2p game.

You can play from level 1 to level 65 (at this writing) totally for free. Almost everyone can get to cap without spending plat. EVERYTHING ELSE IS OPTIONAL. You can play the entire main-spine for free.

For that matter, there are hundreds and hundreds of hours of stuff you can do that is not part of the main spine but that is totally free to play. (I'm including getting to cap here.)

The only thing you might want to spend plat on is OPTIONAL STUFF. Just some of the tons of possibilities: If you choose to level 3 toons, that's awesome. But, it is OPTIONAL. If you choose to pvp, that's awesome also. But, it is OPTIONAL. If you want to spend tons of time farming in hopes to get in-game rich, I hope you succeed. But, it is what???............. It is OPTIONAL.
    Last edited by Aikiebo; 03-13-2012 at 05:20 PM.
    "How Wude! Mesa your humble Servant."
    "You can argue with me, but you can't aruge with the math." Foghorn Leghorn, 20th Century American Philospher

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

yes im 'm hoping it was a mistake as well......

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Then of course there is the FACT some players keep posting about how they are playing this game and getting all the way to cap without plat. They go on and on and on about this. They think that not using plat makes them better players. They love to be rude to the people who don't use plat. Fact is, it has been proven that being a good player has got nothing to do with whether or not you use elixirs. Elixir use is complely irrelevant.

Buying plat is optional. Using plat is optioinal. Does it make the game more fun, yes. But, it is optional. Some people enjoy the challenge of a no-plat experience. However, they have proven that plat is optional.

So, people should really come to grips with the idea that plat is optional:

1. It is optional because it is not mandatory.

2. It is optional because you can play the entire main spine free.

3. It is optional because a few people keep proving that when they brag about their accomplisments.

Now, if someone wants to suggest that the game is way, way, way more fun if you're using plat, me and millions of others would have to agree with you.
    "You can argue with me, but you can't aruge with the math." Foghorn Leghorn, 20th Century American Philospher

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aikiebo View Post
    me and millions of others would have to agree with you.
    Im sorry bud, but no one is seeing your logic. not even myself. Im calling it as i see it.
    I mean no offense, but I see that your not one of the few that would by 2k often. im sure you would have a difference of opinion. so i can defiantly see where your coming from.
    But this is a discussion, and many have posted there dislike on this. We can just move on from here, and hopefully a better package for the one-time a month plat buyers comes along.

Ill reiterate
    -I would cap 3 toons
    -Buy vanities (plat store)
    -buy plat armors and wepons
    -buy credits or gold
    -and keep me in game longer.
    -and for most is to stay competitive.
    -This dont really effect casual players, more the Hard-Core player.

Yes optional is one thing, but as many who now have a "Rhythm" of a playing style, Plat is needed all the time. now that its cut short, its hard for ppl even myself.
    EG: its like if you were to buy candy everyday from a store you really liked, and suddenly it was discontinued. but things in life end. so im not in-total disagreement.
    but ATM there is no replacement higher-end package. some have posted good comments. we will just wait and see.
    Last edited by octavos; 03-13-2012 at 05:43 PM.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54483&dateline=131136  6901

6. The Following User Says Thank You to octavos For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Now, if someone wants to suggest that the game is way, way, way more fun if you're using plat, me and millions of others would have to agree with you.
    Thanks for making my point for me.

If I'm driving a bmw 7 series, how would i feel going back to a Honda civic?

Fact is, you don't reward your most loyal and high paying customers by increasing there cost significantly. If you don't get this, you can ramble all you want about business but it doesn't matter.

Find me another small business that does this, and I'll show you a business that will not survive. That is unless they are providing a service that is a necessity. A we've already agreed, this is not one of those.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

nonsense... inflation is a fact of life

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Snakespeare View Post
    nonsense... inflation is a fact of life
    Oh no! A logical and accurate one liner!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by octavos:590281
    me and millions of others would have to agree with you.
    I mean no offense, but I see that your not one of the few that would by 2k often. im sure you would have a difference of opinion. so i can defiantly see where your coming from.

Ill reiterate
    -I would cap 3 toons
    -Buy vanities (plat store)
    -buy plat armors and wepons
    -buy credits or gold
    -and keep me in game longer.
    -and for most is to stay competitive.
    -This dont really effect casual players, more the Hard-Core player.

Yes optional is one thing, but as many who now have a "Rhythm" of a playing style, Plat is needed all the time. now that its cut short, its hard for ppl even myself.
    Just for the record, if you don't count the five holiday maps about 1/3 of my play time has been with elixirs and 2/3 not. I don't always use 4x though. And for a while, I was buying $90 a month. It's just been awhile cuz of bills increasing. I am so hoping I can get some for DL and PL's expansion. I make my plat stretch for miles, lol.

I understand, what you're saying when you give that list above (I'll reiterate list). I think what you're saying is the activities on that list are extremely important to you and others. Possibly wouldn't even play PL if not for those activities. And for those activities plat is preferred and in some cases required.

OK, that is exactly what I meant, when I said, that plat makes this game and any f2p game 1000x more fun. People can do things that they probably wouldn't be able to do without it. In some cases wouldn't definently not be able to do with out plat.

But, all those things on your 'I'll reitierate' list are optional activities. People don't have to do them to play the game. It's boiling down to just a matter of semantics.

In f2p game a game is free to play if there is no pay wall. That is basically all it means. You can start at level 1 and level till 65(66) completely free. If a player wants to do optional activities, they may want to or need to buy plat.

But, it is not mandatory to buy plat. I'm not going to get banned if I don't. So right there, that prove it is optional.

There are at least a few players that play without plat at all. They get to cap. They brag about it all the time, lol. So, obviously, it is optional. Just ask the players who are bragging about it.

But, I agree with you. Buying plat enables a player to get a lot more from the game. It is extremely fun playing the game when you got plat. Plat players are usually more fun to play with in fact. It just not mandatory.

And you can still buy 2000 plat. It's not been cut off. I think they will bring one or more larger packs back. But, it might be bit more expensive. I'm sorry, IF that happens, but all business raise their prices.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by octavos View Post
    Plat is needed all the time. now that its cut short, its hard for ppl even myself.
    Are you seriously saying that being able to ONLY get 800 plat max at a time (the amount I buy every time) puts you in a hardship?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Makes me not want to buy plat at all :-(
    It upset most people in this thread, except 1 or 2, judging by the comments. If you wouldn't buy plat, as you said, that could be a valid way to voice your opinion. Support PM'ed me (copied earlier in this thread) that this change would only be temporary, so you could wait until they bring it back. Personally, that's what I'm doing now.

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Atlannie:590313
    Thanks for making my point for me.

If I'm driving a bmw 7 series, how would i feel going back to a Honda civic?

Fact is, you don't reward your most loyal and high paying customers by increasing there cost significantly. If you don't get this, you can ramble all you want about business but it doesn't matter.
    100x now, lol:

This is a test period. If, this turns out to be a bad decision, they will fix the problem.

STS is listening to us, I'm not sure why people keep saying they are not.

Yes, 1000000000x I have supported the use of plat. I have been treated like crap because I have supported that ever since I have been posting on this forum. Plat is an absolute brilliant idea. A lot of games have some sort of elixir. But, we are lucky enought to have an extreme bit of well balanced planning when they made our elixirs and other plat items. The whole concept of f2p and with it the optional premium items, I think is amazing. (We just seriously need more choices/options to choose from, imo)

The problem is, buying plat is optional. And apparently a lot of players are having a hard time accepting that tidbit of reality.

The problem is, that all business raise prices. If that is what is going to happen here (it has happened already at least temporarily), well, I'm sorry, but that happens. That is the way life works.

The problem is few players have an excess of real life money, lol. So, this is going to be hard for some. I'm sorry. But, business raise prices because they have increased need for revenue too.

And, as far as this thing is you don't raise prices on your highest paying players, as I have already said, you got to look at the 'long tail'. I'm sure if you Google that, you'll get results.

Bottom line: if this turns out to be a bad decsion, they will fix it. This is just a test period.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Snakespeare:590326
    Plat is needed all the time. now that its cut short, its hard for ppl even myself.
    Are you seriously saying that being able to ONLY get 800 plat max at a time (the amount I buy every time) puts you in a hardship?
    Lol snake, but there is a difference like buying 2 additional packs of 165 for 20.00 usd. With 2 800 plat packages. but when the standard for some is 2k there is a large difference which is notable and many have more then just one toon to level. As JayB stated...ill wait also ill buy a few plat till 2k returns. I would like for all plat prices to rise. As someone in this thread stated.
    Last edited by octavos; 03-13-2012 at 06:37 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

People want to level 3 toons to elite cap, one of each, so they can have elite items for all classes. Understood. That doesn't mean they're ENTITLED to cheap plat. There's no relationship between the two concepts.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JaytB:590328

Makes me not want to buy plat at all :-(
    It upset most people in this thread
    Remember, the number of people who have responded on this thread is about 0.001% of the people who play sts games. Gotta think about the long tail.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Lol snake, but there is a difference like buying 2 additional packs of 165 for 20.00 usd. Nope but when the standard for some is 2k there is a large difference which is notable and many have more then just one toon to level.
    I agree with this, it's only more expensive for the ones that buy 2000 plat on a regular basis. Only the big plat spenders got the short end of the stick IMO.

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

What would you guys prefer, plat per instance or raise in cost of plat because they do have to make money somewhere.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    378 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by StompArtist:590350
    What would you guys prefer, plat per instance or raise in cost of plat because they do have to make money somewhere.
    The thing is they only raised price for those that buy a lot, its like a reverse thank you

'Wow you contributed a lot, so we decided to make you one of the few that has to pay more.'

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Elyseon For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

Jay, they're not big spenders, they're Cosco-type buyers, the opposite of the impulse buyers. Being a big spender that means you use your plat quickly. You could buy 2K plat and have it last a year, or 50 that lasts for one impulse buy. In the end, they might end up spending the same amount.

If you want to get elite items for three toons, why do you think it is fair that you get the plat at a cheaper price? I think it should cost 3x the cost of 1.

I buy a lot, too. I don't get it in the same size lumps. That doesn't make someone better, because he can buy it cheaper. I don't ever have lumps of $100 sitting around. The most I can hope for is lumps of $50 sometimes.

So, no, I don't think you guys are experiencing ANY hardship. And you are quick to accuse others of greed when... what is your motive again? Why are you threatening to quit if you have to pay the same amount as me?
    Last edited by Snakespeare; 03-13-2012 at 06:55 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

Stomp raise the prices equally.