Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: STS where's the 2000 plat option?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aikiebo View Post
    Oh FTLOG!! Lol, haha. This is your opinion. Many people play and have tons of fun without plat. Lol.
    You are losing your train of thought. stay on track.

Octavos specifically named several things he enjoys that require plat. That's what we are taking about.

Once again, STS wanted this. They wanted people to be addicted to plat. There's no shame in that.

Now that people feel it is necessity, you can't undo that. Once people have tasted grey goose they aren't going back to popov.

For those that never tasted it they are fine. There is a phrase that comes to mind. "Ignorance is bliss"

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Anyway, there's no winner in this discussion and everything has been said.

Good talk.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Rare For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Atlannie View Post
    I prefer to think of myself as a smart spender, not a frivolous one.
    That's good. I don't mean anything bad by it. It was someone else who said you guys are "big spenders", as if that gave you a special privilege. They also said the fact that you want three elite cap vanities gives you special rights to cheap plat, too. Utterly illogical.

A smart buyer works with the existing market. The existing market is 6 cents each if you buy 800. You don't have to pay 16 cents like those who buy on impulse. You don't get to pay only 4.5 cents. That was in the past.

I will try again, then quit.

A 4x potion costs 40 plat. That means:

One who buys 30 at a time can never even buy one, but if he did it would cost $6.66 real money.
    One who buys 75 at a time will pay $5.20 real money for that elixir.
    One who buys 165 at a time will pay $5.00 real money for it.
    One who buys 800 at a time will pay $2.50 real money for it.

Yet this is not cheap enough for some people. They are special. They only buy the cheapest possible amount.
    They want only to spend $1.80 for the same Thrasher Punch!!!

Do you not see how you look to the rest of the players, demanding this? You don't spend it faster than us. You just buy it cheaper... when you can... which is not now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Atlannie:590439
    Oh FTLOG!! Lol, haha. This is your opinion. Many people play and have tons of fun without plat. Lol.

Octavos specifically named several things he enjoys that require plat. That's what we are taking about.
    The problem dear, is I wasn't talking to Octavos, I was talking to you.

Not everyone shares your opinion that plat is mandatory to have fun.

Not sure what the point of your last post is.

People should buy plat if they want to and can afford to.

People should not buy plat if they don't want to or can't afford to.

If people are going to buy plat they should only buy the amount of plat that their budget allows.

If people don't want to buy plat because they are pissed about this, they shouldn't buy any. I really think though that those players are the only ones that are going to suffer though.

It would be really hard to deny that STS deserves the increase in revenue.

It would be really hard to deny that STS hasn't raised plat prices in at least a year and a half.

It would be really hard to deny that businesses raise prices. It's part of life.

These players that have come to the forum and posted about how they play without plat, are you trying to say they are lying. That they really are buying plat?

Oh WAIT!!! OMG, I guess, I'm going to get banned. I haven't brought 3 toons to cap. I mean, since that is mandatory, I guess I should be worried.
    Last edited by Aikiebo; 03-13-2012 at 08:14 PM.
    "How Wude! Mesa your humble Servant."
    "You can argue with me, but you can't aruge with the math." Foghorn Leghorn, 20th Century American Philospher

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

Aikeibo, you aren't helping. This issue is the price of a Thrasher, as I indicated already.

Don't refer to any female you do not personally know as "dear". When leveled at an unfamiiar woman, it is a put-down.
    Don't exagerate the other person's argument. That just makes them think you don't take them seriously.
    Don't say obvious things to people who clearly already know them. That just makes them think you don't respect their intelligence.
    And don't put words in people's mouths. It makes them think you need it explained again... and again... and again.

The issue with these folks is nothing but the price of their Thrashers. They want them for $1.80 each, and the current price for bargain hunters is $2.50 each. What they are trying to do is find some sort of leverage to force the devs to let them Thrash for $1.80 again. It's not going to happen.

So stop taunting them. If 70 cents a potion is really all that high, they will quit. But I bet they don't.

In any case, they are good plat-buying members and this messageboard exists so they can give feedback. Let them.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Snakespeare For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    284 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JaytB View Post
    It upset most people in this thread, except 1 or 2, judging by the comments. If you wouldn't buy plat, as you said, that could be a valid way to voice your opinion. Support PM'ed me (copied earlier in this thread) that this change would only be temporary, so you could wait until they bring it back. Personally, that's what I'm doing now.

I did see your post and the copy of their response.

Thanks you following up and the info.

I agree waiting is prob the best choice for me :-)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Snakespeare:590467
    Aikeibo, you aren't helping. This issue is the price of a Thrasher, as I indicated already.

Don't refer to any female you do not personally know as "dear". When leveled at an unfamiiar woman, it is a put-down.

Let them.
    Lol, I didn't know that anyone was female, how would I, lol. Second, I've been called that by others on this very forum. Only because they didn't like what I was saying. When I used it, it was bit of rebuttle from what he or she was saying to me.

I'm not stopping anyone from their giving their opinion. In fact, I am very glad when they do.

He/she was being smart aleck with me simply cause he didn't like what I was saying. Sorry, if he/she didn't like what I said back. Now he or she can say that what was said to me wasn't a put down. Well, that is hard to tell on a forum sometimes. I could say that by saying dear wasn't put down.

Where I come from, it is used CONSTANTLY among total strangers. And that has been true for decades. Usually from older to younger though. Apparently, you're not familiar with common chit chat for all humans. Please don't put down other people that you are unfamiliar with.

So, you can't read my mind, like I couldn't read Atlannie's. So if offence was taken I apologize. And I mean that completely sincerely. But, it was not a put down and is not a put down universally. And when I was called, dear, I didn't freak out. My gawd, lol. And, I don't know if you are aware, but people tend to put people down on this forum all the time. I rarely have a melt down about it, lol.

And this idea that I stop anyone from giving their opinion, is ridic. Please, I wish people would give their opinions far more than they do.

And as far as price being the only issue, I have said that I think it is the main issue several times. It is others that are bring up the optional/mandatory thing, that they think sts is being greedy or shady. Everything I have said, has been in response to issues that more than one other person has brought up. So, your little scolding, doesn't mean a whole lot.

Just cause apparently YOU think price is the ONLY issue, doesn't mean everyone else feels that way, lol. I think it is the main issue, but apparently it is obviously not the only issue. Cause other people keep bring up this other stuff. And by other people I mean not me, lol (If this last sentenced bothered you, hmm.. maybe shouldn't be so sensitive?)

Anything else? Please let me know. I don't want you to think that I am trying to stop you or anyone from giving your opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Atlannie:590439

There is a phrase that comes to mind. "Ignorance is bliss"
    "You can argue with me, but you can't aruge with the math." Foghorn Leghorn, 20th Century American Philospher

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

To those that say 2,000 platinum pack buyers are COSTCO buyers, I just wanted to shed light to something that may not have been realized. 2,000 platinum pack buyers are actually the BIGGEST contributors to STS.

Why? 2,000 platinum is only available through the STS website (www.spacetimestudios.com) What does this mean? It means, the middleman, like Apple, do not take a 30 percent cut (Apple takes a 30 percent cut from all purchases made through their proprietary software) from STS. Now, if I’m correct, a majority of the 800 platinum pack buyers are purchased through iTunes cards or other sources, not online. So, every time an 800 platinum pack is purchased, STS really only makes 35 bucks for that pack, assuming the purchase is made in game through a device running iOS software.

Now, lets take a look at the 2,000 platinum pack buyers again. It costs, what, 90 bucks for a 2K pack? Every single cent of those 90 dollars are going to STS, not middleman companies, if Apple can be called the middleman, LOL!

It’s not about the fact that it’s just 35 dollars more. If I’m correct, STS doesn’t even profit THAT MUCH from this change. It shows that in a slow down of business, they are willing to put the burden on their buyers, not find more effective, less insulting solutions for it. 

Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by StompArtist:541737
    yes dear
    Just in case anyone wanted verification.

I do want to let people know, that even though this was months ago, I still haven 't gotten over the pain or the anguish.

Lol, haha, j/k

I didn't take offense then. I don't take offense now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

I do want to let people know, that even though this was months ago, I still haven 't gotten over the pain or the anguish.

Lol, haha, j/k

That is awesome. LOL

Try to be more like that and less like 200 pages long! Best post in thread! And yes I am a narcissist

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Hey guys,

I really appreciate the discussion and yes we are always looking at the health of the game, the community and the impact our changes have.

I would like to ask you to please remain respectful of others opinions. It is ok to disagree. Also, Akiabo can you try to post shorter posts? Try to think Twitter . Thanks!
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Samhayne For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo:590507
    2,000 platinum pack buyers are actually the BIGGEST contributors to STS.

STS really only makes 35 bucks for that pack, assuming the purchase is made in game through a device running iOS software.

It’s not about the fact that it’s just 35 dollars more. If I’m correct, STS doesn’t even profit THAT MUCH from this change.

It shows that in a slow down of business, they are willing to put the burden on their buyers, not find more effective, less insulting solutions for it. 

You have no way of knowing if the previous 2k plat buyers were actually the biggest contributors to STS. Unless, you have access to company financials.

The fact that with iOS they don't get the whole amount is just more reason why prices need to be raised.

You have bought $3000 dollars worth of plat, right? $35 is a lot to many people. Maybe not to everyone, but many. But, businesses raise prices, that happens all the time. It has been true for centuries and will be true for centuries.

And to think that it is "insulting" to raise prices don't even make sense. Who on this forum is so spoiled that we haven't had to deal with and accept a price increase?

We don't know that this is even permanent. Yeah, I agree, that a price increase quite possible is in the near future, but, gotta get a grip on reality. Businesses raise prices.

Once again, lol, OMG, STS is hardly desperate.

Businesses raise prices. All the time. It is what they do.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    284 Posts

I'm gonna start by saying I'm a horrible writer and just hope I get my point across.

I don't know why but I feel insulted by many of the comments in this thread.

COSTCO buyer? Seriously? Most wholesalers offer discounts for large quantities purchased. Are you saying people and business who participate in these activities are cheap. (since you basically keep saying how cheap do you need it)

I'm not cheap......I'm smart!!!

Why is it ok for some of you to buy plat at discounted prices (800 at a time) yet it's cheap of the others who like to buy 2k packages.

I am a large plat buyer. Yes, some would say I'm a "big spender" I choose to do so and yes I can also afford the 2k a pop packages. I blow through plat like water because I choose to and it makes the game more fun for me.

I have not threatened to quit or not have I called STS any names. I only posted that the fact they removed the option (even if only temp) upset me.

People should really stop passing judgements.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to angeldawn For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by StompArtist:590524

Lol, haha, j/k

That is awesome. LOL

Try to be more like that and less like 200 pages long! Best post in thread! And yes I am a narcissist
    Hahaha, yes, I agree, you're post the best in the thread, lol.

And yes, ok Samhayne, and everyone else, I'll keep 'em shorter. I've been trying!!

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Aikiebo For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    378 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Snakespeare:590467
    The issue with these folks is nothing but the price of their Thrashers. They want them for $1.80 each, and the current price for bargain hunters is $2.50 each. What they are trying to do is find some sort of leverage to force the devs to let them Thrash for $1.80 again. It's not going to happen.

So stop taunting them. If 70 cents a potion is really all that high, they will quit. But I bet they don't.
    Im not really sure anyone is threatening to quit, but yes we want the lower price for platinum, the fact is we are not simply asking to buy plat for the cheaper amount, we would like to buy MORE plat for the cheaper amount, everyone has supported STS as a business, so find a business that does not have a lower per item price for a bulk sale, even when you buy memberships to somewhere, if you buy more, you get a discount. I am not trying in anyway to force them to bring back the 2k back, yes I am asking them and would like it back, but no force is involved. I am not boycotting them because of this, in fact i bought the 800 pack just today. I do not think the 800 pack is a rip off, as I loved the deal before I got an android phone. The 2k was a better deal and the mere fact that it ever existed is the reason for the look down on the 800 pack

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

I am not going to post more on the subject. But Aikiebo I was not offended.

Also just to clarify, in the words of Mike Gundy... "I'm a man!!!"

Names confusing, i know. explanation in another thread.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Also, I can agree that 2,000 platinum is a bit excessive. I mean, I can last for months on that. In fact, if one spends wisely, they practically last their entire gaming career on it. However, I think, that STS, until they find a solution that is a happy medium, should let the 2,000 platinum pack return. Why? Otherwise, it’s forcing their customers to make the other purchase, one they would not particularly be satisfied with.

Now, I can typically last 3-4 months on a 2,000 platinum pack. 2-3 if I decide to be on the platinum spending heavy side, I.E. the new minotaur pets that just came out today.

If STS wants to ramp up business, they can drop the 2,000 to 1,500-1700, for the same price as a 2000 pack. Consumers, or since I don’t want to speak for others, I, would be fine with this, as I would feel like I’m getting more bang for my buck. On top of that, come up with items that could be used. I mean, there are plenty of unused vanity slots in the game. Why not utilize them and make profit!?
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    I mean, there are plenty of unused vanity slots in the game. Why not utilize them and make profit!?
    Ok last post. For real. Far better approach to generate income than raising prices, IMO.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

I need to clarify that I shop at Food4Less. I am not intending insult by that reference. I regret that it came out that way. I consider it wise, if possible. I myself have never bought 2K, but I have purchases 800 several times. I have never had more than $50 free at a time.

To explain, someone said the 2K plat buyers are the "big spenders". Buying in bulk does not make you a big spender. The person who buys a case of toilet paper at Costco does not use their toilet paper faster tha the one who buys a few rolls at the grocery store. There is no relation between the quantity purchased and the speed of the usage.

That is why I said, you're not big spenders, you are bargain hunters. I meant no offense.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Snakespeare View Post
    I need to clarify that I shop at Food4Less. I am not intending insult by that reference. I regret that it came out that way. I consider it wise, if possible. I myself have never bought 2K, but I have purchases 800 several times. I have never had more than $50 free at a time.

To explain, someone said the 2K plat buyers are the "big spenders". Buying in bulk does not make you a big spender. The person who buys a case of toilet paper at Costco does not use their toilet paper faster tha the one who buys a few rolls at the grocery store. There is no relation between the quantity purchased and the speed of the usage.

That is why I said, you're not big spenders, you are bargain hunters. I meant no offense.
    Comparing plat that is spend at free will from anything from vanity items, character slots, powerleveling alts... to someone buying toilet paper is a very weak analogy IMHO (not meant to sound offensive).

But since you want to compare toilet paper to plat spent in game, you might as well think of it like this... A person with diarrhea and a big family will actually buy a whole lot more toilet paper on a regular basis than a person who's single. A person who has a lot of alts (big family) and farms a lot with plat (Diarrhea), can't be compared to someone who has 1 main and just buys plat to level his 1 toon to whatever level he/she wants to.

As always with analogies, you can make it mean whatever you want.

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!