Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: STS where's the 2000 plat option?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    378 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Atlannie:586597
    This is off topic, but you can apply this precedence argument to stashing elite vanities also
    Was it ever actually stashable as a vanity?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aikiebo View Post
    one of two things are going to happen over the next 1 - 3 months.

1. Total revenue from plat sales is going to increase. If this happens, this may become a long-term change. Also, if this happens, it will be great for the game.

Or:

2. Total revenue from plat sales is going to decrease. If this happens, this change will most likely be reversed. If this happens, this will also be great for the game.
    JaytB, this is a test period. If revenues drop, they will be able to see that and fix that.

When making business decisons, it is not a good idea to only consider one caveat of 'business wisdom'. Gotta consider all principles. Gotta think of the long tail as well as the few top buyers.
    "How Wude! Mesa your humble Servant."
    "You can argue with me, but you can't aruge with the math." Foghorn Leghorn, 20th Century American Philospher

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Elyseon View Post
    The dingy, customized, fortified, and enchanted crowns were

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    378 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Atlannie:586653
    The dingy, customized, fortified, and enchanted crowns were
    Yeh , the set bonus is what made the change for this

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Let's use two very large companies with large loyal customer bases.

Netflix and Verizon.

When Netflix split their srreaming and dvd services what happened? In the aftermath they lost a huge portion of their customer base. So much so the ceo had to apologize for being too arrogant.

Verizon recently tried to institute a fee to pay online. Verizon customers know what I'm talking about. After they announced it would happen, there wad outrage and they decided to scrap the idea. Smart move for them.

In addition look at all the mobile Carries and their data plan changes. On only one can you still get unlimited data. HOWEVER, these companies took care of their loyal customers by grandfathering them into unlimited data. Look at the outrage that is happening now with att and their data throttling.

There are many many more examples like this out there.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rare For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

That, my friend, is a matter of opinion. I have my own opinion about why it happened. Not to mention, I'm pretty sure the change was made before the bonus.

Anyway different topic for a different discussion.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts

<< STS is in an evaluation process for a reason, all businesses do this, and all consumers have the opportunity to present thier opinions through the power of purchase. >>

Exactly. Their decisions dont revolve around the players, but around their business. If they remove the 2k plat option, good for them. If people quit because they want their plat>money value, that reflects the personality of the player, not that STS is greedy.

Stuff happens, live with it.
    L15 Mage - Certificates. L12 Behr - Certificate. L15 Teamer Mage - Duuq

THE DUUQS WILL RULE.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    378 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Atlannie:586665
    That, my friend, is a matter of opinion. I have my own opinion about why it happened. Not to mention, I'm pretty sure the change was made before the bonus.

Anyway different topic for a different discussion.
    It became unstashable as soon as it was a vanity which was shortly after the SoH was made, together they made a bonus ever since the crown was a vanity.
    I think the actual purpose was to make ppl level more chars to the cap if they want to use vanities, thus increasing plat spending on elixirs, but it also balances out twinking much nicer, the whole stat bonus thing is kinda an uneven concept, but what else would they do for an incentive.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

When I say that STS devs have not been nearly as aggressive than other devs top-grossing games. I am not kidding or exaggerating.

In this post, when I am talking about other games When I say 'gold', I am talking about w/e non-premium coin a game has. When I say 'plat', I am talking about w/e premium coin a game has.

I am also purposely not talking about games that players on this forum have talked about playing. I am doing this so no one thinks I am trying to denigrate a game they are playing.

People have no idea how lucky we have been. STS offers us WAY MORE FOR OUR MONEY than most other top-grossing games. They have actually been non-aggressive compared to almost all devs.

Do you know that in some games, you have to pay to talk with your friends. You have to pay for each message you send. You get the first 10 each day free. But after that it costs: 1 plat. Yes, 1 plat, every time you send a message to a friend. Guess what, the rate in which you xp is tied into your ability to talk with your friends.

What would you think if STS charged us 1 PLAT everytime we used the chat box (well it would cut down on begging, spamming and scamming, lol)?

Makes those 2-plat per run Winter Fest runs look mighty good, doesn't it?

Virtually every f2p game has some sort of timer that controls how fast you can xp. Hmm... Some of these timers are skinned. There is a Zynga game, an app, consistently one of the top, top grossing games on Android. Breeding animals. You have to wait to gain experience until the animal is born. At first this wait is not too long. But, it gets painful slow painfully fast. You can speed up your xp by in-app purchase.

But some games, there is no skin. There is just a timer up in the cornor counting down till the next time you can earn xp.

As I have said, we have no reason to be mad. STS has not been aggressive at all. We are getting way, way, way more for our money.
    Last edited by Aikiebo; 03-09-2012 at 06:50 PM.
    "You can argue with me, but you can't aruge with the math." Foghorn Leghorn, 20th Century American Philospher

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Riccits View Post
    no they dont deserve with the actual situation. no, actually they should lower prices and offer more to get more ppl for this game.
    with removing the 2k plat, they rise price, but no offer... at least not for PL.

iam also not really exited for DL, it will be another game wich needs a lot plat to be competitive...
    There are some games, and I am not exaggerating, that, if a person wanted to they could spend $500 a day, A DAY, just leveling up. And I mean, $500 a day of REAL LIFE MONEY just leveling up.

In these games, people are spending hundreds and THOUSANDS of real life dollars buying things that help them level, help them make in-game coin and help them look great.

They have a ton of items that cost $20 - $50 real life money for each item. I have seen players with 2 dozen of one such $50 item. It is a fine, fine item, lol.

There is one game that you can buy a ship. It costs over $1,200.00 real life dollars. They have sold thousands.

Wanna have a good looking town and toon? Just spend huge sums on Michael Jackson, Enrique Iglesias and Lady Gaga licensed VIRTUAL GOODS.

You can always purchase a COD Jeep!!! I wish I could, I wish I could! I would if I could!!

The amount of money that STS has been asking us to spend is tiny compared to what other games are doing.
    Last edited by Aikiebo; 03-09-2012 at 06:54 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ninjaduck View Post
    << STS is in an evaluation process for a reason, all businesses do this, and all consumers have the opportunity to present thier opinions through the power of purchase. >>

Exactly. Their decisions dont revolve around the players, but around their business. If they remove the 2k plat option, good for them. If people quit because they want their plat>money value, that reflects the personality of the player, not that STS is greedy.

Stuff happens, live with it.
    I never said STS was greedy. Not saying you're saying I did. Just want to make it clear that's NOT what I'm saying.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

JaytB, I understand what you're trying to say. Or at least I am trying to understand. I think you're saying: That if the big plat spenders hadn't spent so much then the plat would cost less. Trying to say that they set a precedent. Is that what you are saying?
    I didn't 'try' to say anything, I just stated a simple fact. I don't know how your mind works and you obviously don't understand the sheer logic behind what I was saying. Somehow you try to give a different meaning to a simple fact. The way I see it, you simply try to twist words to make them sound however you like. I didn't speak about precedents or how plat would cost less or basically anything you wrote in your comment. Don't get me wrong, I couldn't care less, but when everyone seems to disagree with you, it might be you who's looking at things the wrong way. You just love to disagree, and come with 'facts' that don't have anything to do with what you're commenting on. I don't mean to be rude, but that's just the way I see it.

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JaytB For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

And the nature of some of these games. I still am shocked at how some of these games are structured. We are so lucky.

Many of these top-grossing games, you never leave the UI. And what I mean by that, is you play the entire game staring at our screens. The inspect page, the skills and inventory pages, the World Map, Quests and Options. Some games, all you do for hours is stare at these screens.

When you have to do a quest: The quest screen would say "Ellie needs you to stop the town from being invaded. Kill 20 skeletons". So, you tap 'accept'.Then after a few seconds, on the SAME QUEST screen, it'll say: "Success, you have killed 20 skeletons". Then a little icon that looks like Ellie's face will appear and start blinking. She'll thank you then, a button will start blinking saying "Accept Reward"

Or, it will say "Failure: You need to buy a bigger weapon". Of course, that will usually be in-app purchase.

You never leave the UI screens. You never actually go anywhere and run around and have any game play at all. This goes on for as many hours as you want to play this.

Naturally, there are some variations. But, still basically the same thing. In some games, you do have a little avatar that you control to the point of running between Ellie, the Sheriff, Burke, Gobi etc. You talk to them and complete all quests while standing in front of them or shufling between the little town's npcs.

If Gobi asks you to bring new wanted posters to the sherrif as your shuffling over there, the game interupts and tells you that you need to buy a bigger basket. This is in-app purchase usually. But this is the action of the whole game. You would never leave the town of Forest Haven until you moved to the next town. You would never go into a map and actually fight. And in many game, you wouldn't even leave the UI and get to see a town.

STS is giving us far more for our money. There are working way hard for their revenue. Way harder than most

@ JaytB the second post I made addresses your concerns. I was asking for clarification. Then went on to discuss 2 different things that either applied to what you said or what I thought you might have said. If I misunderstood you, sorry. But, I did ask for clarification. And the second thing does apply.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

STS is giving us far more for our money. There are working way hard for their revenue. Way harder than most
    You've spent a lot of time talking about "other games". Let's hear some examples. Because honestly I have no idea what you are talking about.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Atlannie View Post
    You've spent a lot of time talking about "other games". Let's hear some examples. Because honestly I have no idea what you are talking about.
    Part of me doesn't like to 'bad mouth' specific games. I mean just cause I don't like them, other's do. Kinda rude and arogant to do that.

For example, Zynga games, well, I can't or won't say publically how I feel about the Zynga games. However, they are extremely popular. So, they are doing something right for many.

And that is just one reason I don't bad mouth other's games.

OTOH, these are top-grossing games that anyone could find if they spent even 30 seconds trying, so........ you can start with Smurf's Village, Paradise Island and Dream Zoo.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

y are there so many bugs with things worked fine

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lowellpimpd View Post
    y are there so many bugs with things worked fine
    This is not a bug, they just temporarily (according to support) removed the 2000 plat option to 'evaluate' the cost per plat better. Or at least that's what I got from Sam's post earlier in this thread

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Atlannie:586172
    First, no, you are incorrect.I am a consumer. I don't have to look out for others.

They set a price point and kept it there for a long time.
    Yes, we are consumers. Anyone who plays these games are consumers. That is true whether or not you buy plat.

But just cause we are consumers don't mean we should be unreasonable consumers. Most people don't want to go around being unfair to others. Everyone wants to be treated fairly. But most people go through life wanting to be fair to others as well. It is an important ideal to most.

However, there are some who want others to treat them fairly but they don't want to treat others fairly. This is called hypocracy.

It is perfectly reasonable and fair for STS to structure things in a way that will maximize their profits. ALL BUSINESSES DO THAT. They have done that for centuries and they will continue to do that for centuries.

If STS raise prices too high and overall revenues drop, they will be able to observe that and fix that.

You compared STS to mega national and international corporations. What? - 10 or 15 years ago, these devs were sitting around their living rooms playing video games just like we are now. They got about 35 employees. This is not some mindless, faceless and souless corporation.

Zynga has 60 million people playing their pc games a day. They are relative late comers to the mobile market. But in a relative short period of time, they have gobbled up 13 mobile game development companies. Any minute now they're gonna be spitting out mobile games like some sort of giant, creepy pez dispenser. We all are gonna have to dodge and duck as they hurl these games towards us.

STS on the other hand, is giving us extreme high-quality.

Today's contemporary consumer jumps at the chance to work in COOOPERATION with indie outfits trying to make a difference. Trying to make a change.
    Last edited by Aikiebo; 03-13-2012 at 01:56 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Nobody is saying to treat anyone unfairly. Fair is subjective. What's fair for me might not be fair to others. i don't see anything unfair about paying $80 every few months to STS for a mobile video game. That is ALOT more than I give to Bethesda or Bioware.

the examples i provided are directly applicable to this discussion. It doesn't matter how big the corporations are. The fact that STS is smaller makes it even more relevant as they need to be even more careful with their customer base.

Its obvious you will not take an unbiased view of this so there isn't much more to discuss.

Today's contemporary consumer jumps at the chance to work in COOOPERATION with indie outfits trying to make a difference. Trying to make a change.
    You are right. That's what all my comments in this thread are about.
    Last edited by Rare; 03-13-2012 at 04:07 PM.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Rare For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    284 Posts

Default STS where's the 2000 plat option?

Man all I know is this really upsets me :-(

Makes me not want to buy plat at all :-(
    Last edited by angeldawn; 03-13-2012 at 04:46 PM.