Thread: Warbird PvE Guide

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,058 Posts

Default Warbird PvE Guide

Hello!

After some searching out here in the forums I noticed that there are many guides about diffirent lvl Warbird PvPing but as far as my search function works I didn't come up with any PvE guides (correct me wrong if there are). So I decided to doodle something and wrap it up as a guide .

Don't worry this won't look this bald in the end I am only going to write this up and then I'll modify it a more clear when I go to my computer (Yes I am writing this with my phone). And there are going to be some modifications along the way.

Definition:

Warbird is a STR/DEX build Avian. They use STR equipment all the way down to weapons.

Warbirds are commonly used in PvP due to Warbirds combination of the most powerful single target skills which Avians offer + the highest armor there can be in the game. With 2 rooting skills as well Warbirds are devastating in PvP and some of the most powerful 1on1 builds in the field of Arena. Not to mention their incredible Evasion and Crit + Accuracy Buffs.

But the number of Warbirds is constantly rising in the fields of PvE as well and some of the Warbirds are sometimes as clueless what to do as some of their Dagger collagues *cough*.

Why to be a Warbird

Warbirds offer immense amount of armor combined with high damage. They don't deal the highest amounts of damage and they are not the most endurable builds in the game but they are still top class in terms of damage and survivability.

So if u liked the sound of that why don't u give a try then ?

Your role as a Warbird

Warbird is a SUB-tank. That means they are not primarly meant to do the crowd controlling but if there is no bear around it is their mission. It is a common misunderstandment that the Warbirds are pure tanks. They are not. Bears have CC (Crowd Control) Skills which help them to maintain enemies aggro and divide the group if necessary. Avian skills are mostly concentrated to high single damage and they have only a few AoE Skills and not a single CC skill. So if there is a bear LET HIM/HER DO THEIR JOB! Then ur role is to be one of the high damage dealers alongside with other Avians in the party.

When there are no bears around in ur game THEN it is ur role to do the tanking. Tanking means that u are supposed to control the enemies and gaining their aggro to u so the others are safe. It is a bit tricky to maintain aggro without CC skills but there are ways to maintain aggro with a Warbird.

It is simple. U cast ur AoE skills (Thorn Wall and/ or Shattering Scream + Blast Shot) FIRST before other party members so u'll get all of the aggro in the first place which is the most crucial. If u are running with a decent party enemies are wiped down before the aggro gets divided and u don't have to worry about aggro furthermore. In other cases u just have to try to cast ur AoE skills as much as possible to hold that aggro.

Warbird Items

I recommend using Weapon + Shield combination because of our not that great HP compared to Ursan Warriors. Two Handed weapons are great for damage but if u do the tanking the combination of HP and Armor is not good enough. Unless u r using elixirs. As for the items itself u should try to look for the items which grant u the most armor and evasivebess. Especially in low lvls u might be in troubble if u have a glass like armor and Evasion is Warbirds best friend while using Evasion Skill.

Warbird Builds

The most common and the best build is STR and DEX.

There are debates about the amount of STR and DEX but it is recommended to have at least +85% accuracy and I personally recommend to have +90% accuracy. It gets close to dual spec (equally much STR and DEX) but it is highly recommended to have high DEX alongside with high STR. Pumping up that DEX increases ur accuracy and crit but it also increases Base Skill Damage. Those two in mind some Warbirds are actually dual spec and also the ability to use bows alongside with STR armor if necessary. I suggest to pump up STR to the point where u r allowed to use the required STR items. Increased Accuracy, Crit, Base and Skill Damage are the main Avian thing and they shouldn't be left unnoticed even though Warbird concentrates on STR items. The ability to use bows is also a quite handy thing if u have good enough party for high damage.

Some Warbirds prefer to be pure STR and boost their base damage by using Two Handed Weapons. But they rely their whole gaming on Focus to actually hit anything so I wouldn't recommend it to PvE gaming.

Warbird Skills

The Skills. There are always debates which are the best but as a Sub Tank I recommend boosting ur AoE (Blast Shot + Shattering Scream and Thorn Wall) skills as quickly as possible alongside ur Buffs (Focus and Evasion) and Restore. AoE skills to be able to Tank if necessary (and the combo does massive amount of Damage) and Buffs to help u hit and get a Crit and to Dodge some of the attacks. While tanking Restore offers u a small amount of extra HP but the more important effect is it's boosted HP Regen. It saves ur life sometimes. For the Shots I recommend first Blinding Shot and after that Repusle Shot. Repusle Shot is very risky to use but if used correctly it is a good single target controlling method. Thorn Root is useful as well but Thorn Wall is far more useful. Meditation is worthless IMO. Avian Scream is categorized as an AoE skill but it's rly unpredictable skill because it rarely hits more than 2 enemies around u. It is still used (at least skill lvl 4) as to break Ice and Root which is rly useful in PvP.

Ty for reading my guide and hopefully it helped . Any kind of feedback is highly appreciated !

Log:

6.3.12 ~ Creation
    7.3.12 ~ Minor Modifications
    Last edited by dudetus; 03-07-2012 at 09:09 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to dudetus For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,058 Posts

Reserved

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

My bird hit 56 today and i have him setup as a warbird, at 56 his attributes are 142-142 on dex and str. I use Fury helm, Bodyguard shield, Bodyguard axe, and Royal plate. I find it really powerful for armor and regen, and when i'm in a party with a good tank i'll switch my weapon to a recurve for faster group killing, but i have a problem with my skills. I made the bird skilset following Physiologics archer guide, and couldn't be more happy with it, but all the skills i use are at max lvl, so what should i spend the new points on? I don't need avian scream, but idk if i should go for mp or hp regen skills. What do you think?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,058 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Coltongadkins View Post
    My bird hit 56 today and i have him setup as a warbird, at 56 his attributes are 142-142 on dex and str. I use Fury helm, Bodyguard shield, Bodyguard axe, and Royal plate. I find it really powerful for armor and regen, and when i'm in a party with a good tank i'll switch my weapon to a recurve for faster group killing, but i have a problem with my skills. I made the bird skilset following Physiologics archer guide, and couldn't be more happy with it, but all the skills i use are at max lvl, so what should i spend the new points on? I don't need avian scream, but idk if i should go for mp or hp regen skills. What do you think?
    Well yeah Avian Scream is useless unless u PvP. I would recommend Restore (HP) regen skill over Meditation (MP) because u will need more HP than MP
    Last edited by dudetus; 03-07-2012 at 09:00 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Awww, I was expecting another classic guide full of pure comedy!

In all honesty though, great guide!
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,058 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    Awww, I was expecting another classic guide full of pure comedy!

In all honesty though, great guide!
    Haha well this time it is real deal ! It is good to do sometimes a guide which actually has something than just a few pics where I am goosing around

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    189 Posts

Nice Guide!

Few thoughts for improvement:
    - Blinding Shot does not stun
    - Avian Scream gives the ability to break free from Ice/Roots at 4+ skillpoints (important to know if you plan doing any PvP)
    - You should always go for the minimum str to wear the equip and pump every remaining point in Dex for increased hit, crit, base and skill damage. That also allows you to switch to a dex Set/Weapon when you are in a strong/potted group, because you dont need the super high survivability in exchange for massive damage output.
    OneRandomNoob - 76 meatshield | Gaunab - 76 dodgenub

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,058 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gaunab View Post
    Nice Guide!

Few thoughts for improvement:
    - Blinding Shot does not stun
    - Avian Scream gives the ability to break free from Ice/Roots at 4+ skillpoints (important to know if you plan doing any PvP)
    - You should always go for the minimum str to wear the equip and pump every remaining point in Dex for increased hit, crit, base and skill damage. That also allows you to switch to a dex Set/Weapon when you are in a strong/potted group, because you dont need the super high survivability in exchange for massive damage output.
    Oh ty and whoops about Blinding Shot lol ! Nice additions I'll add 'em up

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dudetus View Post
    Haha well this time it is real deal ! It is good to do sometimes a guide which actually has something than just a few pics where I am goosing around
    Lol goosing around, I like that phrase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

Interesting and insightful! Great guide Ninja...but I missed the unicorns

No longer of Eclipse

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Great guide, Ninja! I tried going the pure dex dagger bird route but ended up converting to a Warbird and never looked back!