Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: 2020-08-20 Content Update (277572)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

I am all for making it harder for Bots. Just wish we would have known earlier that this was going to be a different gold farming event. I have been prepping for this since shimmering shores started xD Energy drinks, time off from work etc. Now doesn't seem as worth it but still fun
    GOATS R THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Goatycoady lv55, Thegoatking lv55, Theegoat lv55, Goaty lv47, Thegoaty lv45, Goatwarrior lv55.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Let us could use our event dollars... Still have 7k+ left didnt knew.......

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Cinco wasn't the event vendor supposed to be available for 3 days after the event ends?
    Goatycoady lv55, Thegoatking lv55, Theegoat lv55, Goaty lv47, Thegoaty lv45, Goatwarrior lv55.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by goatycoady View Post
    Cinco wasn't the event vendor supposed to be available for 3 days after the event ends?
    The vendor is in balefort still.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Ok but what about those of us who spend the time and money and play the game fairly? Why do we keep getting punished for the acts of others? Ban the botters! Don't make the whole community suffer, I personally would not have wasted my time getting 50k points if you would have said before you were reworking the gold area.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to vanilakush For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

But gold farm is supposed to be a reward, the effort has been made on event.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Awesome thank you!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

I like that it makes it harder for the bots to do it now.. What if you make it to where the people who are playing the event still get the same amount of Gold per hour that they would before the nerf? So if it takes 3 times longer to complete each map now, maybe up the gold amount X3 so the non-botters can still farm the same amount of gold for our effort?

What do you think @cinco?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cqrd View Post
    didn’t the update where we had to pick up our gold implanted to stop botting, now we have to deal with chests that have hp
    They should have xp then & drop even more gold to keep up with the amount that was originally dropping per run X original run time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cqrd View Post
    didn’t the update where we had to pick up our gold implanted to stop botting, now we have to deal with chests that have hp
    Quote Originally Posted by vanilakush View Post
    Ok but what about those of us who spend the time and money and play the game fairly? Why do we keep getting punished for the acts of others? Ban the botters! Don't make the whole community suffer, I personally would not have wasted my time getting 50k points if you would have said before you were reworking the gold area.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miridor View Post
    But gold farm is supposed to be a reward, the effort has been made on event.
    Exactlyyyyyyyyyy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Oh, boo hoo! It takes me 2 entire minutes to make 650k instead of 40 seconds!
    raid that roach

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Literally all you have to do is add a rotation of questions to continue through the map instead of annoying chest bugging you when mobs spawned in them anyway. L on gold event

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts

This is stupid. As a rhino it’s not efficient at all because I only have one attack that is aoe up to 12m. I wasted countless hours to get gold tier to have an efficient zone. It will take me an hour to do one run of this, I suggest allow team runs without giving less gold (considering I could not do it without a team) or add gates or something to prevent players who bot, I was actually grinding this event along with many others, we should not have to pay for other players who break the rules. Punish the players who bot, not the players who actually grinded for this which is now useless to them.
    Last edited by Absolize; 08-20-2020 at 09:09 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts

We need our time refunded and this update removed. Im sorry but it’s the sad truth this aint it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Entities View Post
    would we be able to have something like we can form a party with people but the gold would be the same as before, would mean that it’d “wouldn’t be boring” and still requires effort as a party

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I agree with this one

Pain what?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

1) The patch heavily discriminates against classes like fox, rhino and bear. They were terrible to farm with already. I can't imagine how bad it is now.

2) People without Decathrax will inevitably lose efficiency while running, because they lack the 5k Dmg, that was absolutely not neccessary before. With Oro you lose 1k dmg and 20% GL. With Barky, you lose tons of damage and survivability. Without Pet you die.
    No Set and you die too.
    This just makes the rich and prepared richer. I, for example, don't have a problem running the event at almost the same pace. I'm losing only 3-4M per hour when compared to the previous rate.

3) Bots will still run the event but with less efficiency. This patch is a bandaid to a bigger problem that is seemingly out of the devs control.

4) The patch should've been there from the very beginning to counteract inflation and influx of botted gold. Making it retroactively just indicates, that nobody thought of it before or didn't care enough.

5) To deter bots you need variability and control of human sensory ability. Usually devs use sight to control for humans, e.g. the random letters and numbers in squiggly lines, picking pictures. The questions at the gates from previous events were an attempt at that. A better version of that would be something like this: Make random zonerift type things spawn anywhere on the map RANDOMLY. When they spawn they make a distinguishable loud sound and have one of those huge spotlights. Anyone with sight and hearing ability can rush to them immediately. They expire within 10s or whatever is appropriate. They take you to the actual gold loot zone.

6) Retire or fix the PC client. I'm not terribly well read on botting, but if I remember correctly, there are several hurdles to botting on mobile devices.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Tpfelblatt For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tpfelblatt View Post
    4) The patch should've been there from the very beginning to counteract inflation and influx of botted gold. Making it retroactively just indicates, that nobody thought of it before or didn't care enough.

5) To deter bots you need variability and control of human sensory ability. Usually devs use sight to control for humans, e.g. the random letters and numbers in squiggly lines, picking pictures. The questions at the gates from previous events were an attempt at that. A better version of that would be something like this: Make random zonerift type things spawn anywhere on the map RANDOMLY. When they spawn they make a distinguishable loud sound and have one of those huge spotlights. Anyone with sight and hearing ability can rush to them immediately. They expire within 10s or whatever is appropriate. They take you to the actual gold loot zone.

6) Retire or fix the PC client. I'm not terribly well read on botting, but if I remember correctly, there are several hurdles to botting on mobile devices.
    I agree with what you said in 4). I feel like no one at STG realised the kinds of inflation these events cause; or just didn't care enough to not implement it.

Also, you would still be able to bot maps with only minor losses in efficiency if #5 is implemented, unfortunately. There's also the problem that botting on mobile is just as easy as it is on PC too.

Bot counter-measures have to involve some kind of human interaction, whether it's inputting a 2digit alpha-numeric code or whatever. Even then, you can still work around those obstacles with a bit more effort.

Bots will never be stopped entirely, but they can be weeded out in large numbers if the right counter-measues are put in place.

Just my 2 cents, but otherwise I agree with everything you said. Just know it's not as black and white as "this system will stop bots," because that is simply not the case anymore.
    Last edited by Dexteritys; 08-21-2020 at 01:31 AM.
    raid that roach

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Dexteritys For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Thanks for your insight. I guess when bots can respond to audio-visual cues it would be useless. I thought recognizing the zone rift and rushing to the zone rift would be sufficient human action. Time to read more about bots lol
    Last edited by Tpfelblatt; 08-21-2020 at 02:26 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

I heard a couple of people bashing on the change so I came to explain why it is not the end of the world. I still think there are some improvements that should be put in place because as it is, the gold zone is still susceptible to botting. The questions are definitely are much needed implementation.
    Anyways about the event: a run will yield you 500-700k. Ofc this is way less this than before but if u think about it, what we have now is decent and worlds better than isle of night. It was still worth grinding to gold tier to get this.
    I would say it’s a miracle we even got a gold farming zone because of their history with ruining the economy. I suspect inflation will still occur since the runs give decent gold still.
    If anything, trying to counter inflation had to be the most annoying part of this event (panic buying and getting rid of gold before value of gold and item prices can be ruined) rather than buffed chests.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

Default 2020-08-20 Content Update (277572)

First I wanna say that in the future it would be better to focus countering bots on main event. We love the gold event. The gold is good but really boring to solo alone. And even if u made it good for teams at this points bots would benefit even more.

Second if we’re going to have gold event or any event more difficult by increase a monster health or hit point I recommend creating aoe items with fast attack and range only usable for certain class like rhino, fox etc I’m not sure how bear holding up to chest with this much hit points. Or just increasing the here aoe damage skills and lower there cool down just for event if possible

Third after playing this event I’m wondering what if the bots have 5x damage boost would it even slow them down? I do Definitely know with out a 3-5x damage bots farmer are screwed gg. Cause there going to waste more money on gold bonus gear and auto loot then it’s worth

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk