Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A guid to surviving the arena.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

Default A guid to surviving the arena.

Hello everyone and thank you for checking out this thread! I'm sure you are curious just what this thread is all about. I'm also sure that many of you have already made assumptions as to what it might be as well. Allow me to take a moment to write a list of "what this thread is" and "what this thread is not" to help you further understand before wasting your time reading my little essay (btw it's in pvp section because for some reason it won't let me post in the guide section :\ )

What this thread is:
    -A guide to help those new and old better survive in the arena and avoid trouble
    -A description of some of the kiniving ways in the pvp world
    -An attempt to lessen the chaos of pvp and increase the fun
    -A way for respectable pvpers to avoid getting caught up in the drama of pvp

What this thread is not:
    -An attempt to end FFA
    -A list of rushers I'm mad mat
    -A rant by a frazzled and frustrated pvper
    -A stupid attempt at getting free unlimited platinum (just thought I'd add that )

Ok. So there you have it. If this thread isn't for you, then feel free to move along. Honestly, though, I hope you stay.

It's all for the kills

I'd like to start off by making a little point. That point is this: Everyone enters the pvp arena for one ultimate purpose and that is to obtain kills. Don't believe me? Let me prove it to you. Many of you might say "Well, no, I enter to the arena to have fun! Not just kills..." If this is you, let me ask you something-What are you having fun doing? Getting kills! lol While an occasional nude war or combo fest might come up, it is almost always the idea of getting kills that drags you to the arena. You don't think "Oh, yay! Lemme go to the arena to make a mega combo with my buddies! " Another objection you may have is, "Well ok, Micah, I see your point but I go to the arena to hang out with friends." Hang out doing what? lol there it is again! I like hanging with friends and talking too in the arena but that's not what brings me or anyone else there. And PUHLEASE. Don't try and tell me that you go to the arena to make friends! Sure there are some nice people...some. Or maybe one...maybe. LOL

Ok, so we have established that everyone joins the arena for kills. (ok well if you are extremely stubborn let's just say MOST people enter the arena for kills ) Remember this because it will be important in a few minutes.

Types of PvPers

For now I'm going to discuss the different types of pvpers in the arena. Now, most people would probably say there are two types: rushers (aka "noobs") and non-rushers. However this simply isn't the case. Everyone knows that when a rusher shows up everyone will rush him right back. I've seen people spawn, team, and rush these rushers to high heaven! Hypocritical much? Now. This is not a bad thing IF the only two types of people are rushers and non-rushers. After all, what is the penalty for murder? Death, or you could say murder right back. However, once again, there are not only these two types of people. Allow me to explain my view of the types of pvpers.

There are not just "rushers and non-rushers", rather there are "honorable and cowardly" people. Now this is a very broad variety so lets look at the subsets of these two categories. And observe the different ways they act.

Honorable:
    1- Rash. This guy would join a game, see a noob being rushed, and instantly pitch in and help the noob. He looks out for the kdr safety of others, not himself.
    2- Cautious. This guy is ready to leave at a moments notice if someone appears to be rushing. All he knows are fair 1v1 fights. Maybe an occasional skirmish in ffa with rushers, but generally 1v1 die hard.
    3- Rusher. This guy sees pvp for what it is-A game. He will rush everyone on sight and is open to being rushed himself. He generally keeps quiet. (refer to coward #1 to see why he is quiet) This guy is hated by practically everyone.

Cowardly:
    1- The mouth runner. Not only will this guy burn your ears off by swearing but he will also insult you, your mom, your family, and maybe even your pet dog. Nuff said.
    2- the cheapster. This guy will do the most low tactics possible. Spawn as much as possible. He will always leave the game as he's about to die. Will blow every barrel and take every orb and portal. Generally has some of the no. 1
    3- rush and leave. This guy is the most quiet of all. Also the least cowardly. He joins a room, rushes everyone then leaves. Just when the room calms down he returns and repeats.

I'm sure by now I've got everyone listening well and probably hating my slimy gutts also. Hopefully though you guys can recognize these different kinds of people.

Ok at this point allow me to address some of the character types listed above starting with the honorable, and present my opinion of each.

Honorable:
    1- Not a bad guy. His motives are right but his brain isn't lol. You never rush on sight. You don't know what exactly happened. The "noob" may have just killed him and he's simply getting his kill back. This guy needs to learn the lesson "don't judge too quickly." This is a lesson I have yet to learn :\
    2-Once again not a bad guy. All he wants is to fight fairly and get kills. Unfortunately I think this guy is kinda not running on all cylinders. (no offense) lol no way is 1v1 "fair" at all. I mean, maybe at some levels it is. Most levels a certain character is OP and everyone else has no choice but to FFA. I learned this while trying to make low level birds (before forgotten bow). Ya...that was fun.
    3- I have the most respect for this guy. However, once again, he has a lesson to learn. That is that real people play this game. These real people often take this game way too seriously. You "rushing" them is like slapping them in the face in real life. Honestly I think that's their problem. However, the point remains.

Cowardly:
    1- This guy needs to get a life. Seriously. He needs to take awhile to think about what he's going to say, then not say it! Nothing justifies cussing someone out for virtually pwning them. That is simply lame.
    2- Honestly I don't mind him as much. Most of the "cheap" tricks aren't cheap at all. The only ones I have a problem with are spawning, leaving before death, and running away endlessly. Spawning involves no skill. Leaving just makes kdrs worse in general. Endlessly running is lame- If you have buff and they do too, ATTACK!
    3- This guy is a genius. He knows how to effectively get good kdr. However he isn't playing the game the way it's meant to be played. It's unfair for others, and most likely he takes the game too seriously as well.

Ok! Now we are getting to the good stuff! (still awake?)
    I am now going to address some VERY sneaky mentalities many people have. I will not state my opinion on them, but only present them to you. (numbered randomly) This is where it becomes important to realize everyone is in it for the kills.

Sneaky Hobbitses:
    1. "Noob farming" Probably the least sneaky of them all. You see a noob, you kill him. Your kdr improves and people wonder how you did it. I saw a level 10 bird with 230 pvp kills and no deaths. Nuff said.

2. "The noob faker" This guy makes me lol. He dresses up as a noob to attract noob farmers. Then, as they approach, he switches gear and owns them. You see his mentality is this-He hates it when people kill noobs to improve kdr so he's going to fake like he's a noob in order to attract people and...improve...his...kdr. You see he doesn't want to stoop to rushing so he makes it look honorable what he's doing. Tricky.

3. "Alt master" This guy typically finds a level with an underpowered character-Say level 25 bird. He joins and gets attacked by noob farmers or rushers in general. He then switches to his perfected mage or bear, rejoins, and pwns the guy who pwned him. You see, now he gets revenge and looks like a baws at the same time causing others to fear and respect him. His motive was to look cool and get free kills. Sneaky.

4. "Alt master 2.0" This guy pvps at a certain level but he always has an alt 5 or so levels higher just waiting. You see, even the best builds get owned eventually. There's always a counter build for it. Just like the championship football team who dominates in offense may lose a game or two because the other team has such a good defense. All this to say the character pulls out their "big brother" when a low level farmer comes along and pwns. (refer to 5)

5. "low level farmer" Very, very common. He makes a 20 to fight 15s. He makes a 25 to fight 20s. He makes a 30 to fight 25s. Regardless of his level he will always fight lower levels in hopes of good kdr and lots of kills.

6. "interferer" This guys is VERY sneaky. He will begin to mess with people by attacking them with small dmg moves in hopes of provoking them. You see a small damage move isn't enough to justify being killed. So, if killed, now he has reason to rush back and get kills over and over. After all, it's not his fault right? The other guy started it right? He was just messing around right? Tricky.

7. "rusher in disguise" This guy wants to be a rusher but knows it's frowned upon. So he has a plan. As soon as he enters a game he starts asking people to "go." if they refuse he will start calling them names hoping to provoke them. (much like #6) Once provoked FFA is inevitable.

8. "The teamers" These guys might as well have been born together. There's no separating them. You fight one, you fight the other. One of them fights you, the other fights you. Actually there's nothing tricky about it, only stupid. You see they take turns getting kills, and you die alot and kill them (at least one of them) alot. Ultimately both kdr's suffer.

9. "The pro" Everyone knows this guy- err these guys. Come on. You know what I'm talking about! This is the guy who has never lost a fight ever!...ever! And yet he has 17k to 12k kdr...lol he will most likely own your face a dozen times over, brag a lot, and usually not be a bad friend. Just don't even think about rushing him...it isn't healthy. In fact...IT'S A TRAP!

10. (will add later if I think of another)

Ok. I'm sure many if you can relate to many of these. (I know I can) Now allow me to go on and explain ways to avoid getting caught up in this drama.

Take Away:
    1. Learn the lesson of "never judge too quickly!"

2. Always stay alert. Learn to expect anything.

3. Make some friends! (or try at least.) nothing is worse than fighting cowards alone.

4. Don't smack talk. Ok? Just don't. Everytime you start to smack talk, people will get you killed. If you simply must smack talk, just get a few pre-written messages. I've died so many times in mid-sentence... *facepalm*

5. Learn guilds. And I mean learn them WELL. Guilds like Dissidents of Go are full of cool guys and all, but they are no guild to be trifled with. Oh yeah and you won't find a noob in Mercy. I promise. Don't take the bait. lol (Im referring to the "noob faker")

6. Use your brain. Common sense goes a long way. You are getting triple teamed, huh? Forget your pride and high tail it out! Your better kdr will help your pride. Trust me. Also, remember that it is a game. If your self esteem is suffering, you should probably quit.

7. Don't take the game too seriously. When you begin not to take it seriously, a lot of stuff will begin to look very ridiculous. Also, you will be able to differentiate the cowards from the honorable much easier.

8. Practice. Mean people will come along and pwn you for no reason. It happens. My advice is practice alot at one character and get really good. You'll be surprised how well you do.

Well I know you will be crying once I say this but this thread is officially at it's close! Lol thanks so much for taking the time to read all this crap. Hope you learned something!...OH YA and hit me up in game! Ign: MightyMicah

I hope you learned something!
    Have a good one, ya'll!
    ~MM
    Last edited by MightyMicah; 05-08-2013 at 08:53 AM.

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to MightyMicah For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Nice though.. but um.. about the "noob farming" is kind of.. threatening to me.. because i killed many noobs and i have 5k kills now.. So.. yea..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

I've killed many noobs as well. I meant no offense. If noobs are too stupid to learn it's their fault.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    162 Posts

You forgot to add the teamers: People who only rush and spawn in groups of 3. Also the Idk what to call them: The people who rush you after you kite or shield or heal or do anything they didn't to win.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud Member of:
    <The Community Guild> PL Chars: Sryyoulose L76, swept L10
    SL Chars: Sryyoulose L40, Affair L28, XPLX L20

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

Ah yes thanks, I'll add those in next time I get a chance!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

U spelled Guid wrong :O Did u mean guide or guild?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

I'm pretty sure all of us were spawned when we first entered the arena, I know I did. I thought I was a boss mage and since I owned at PvE I thought I would have the same effect in PvP. Still calculating how wrong I was...

Anways my point is, is that if noobs are killed then its just a reason for them to get stronger and exact revenge on those who killed him. Beware, the noob you're killing today might kill you 10x tomorrow.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Buffedbear Pl For This Useful Post:

The Netherlands, posted 8 hours later than forum time.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMicah View Post
    Ah yes thanks, I'll add those in next time I get a chance!
    Edit it! But uhm I have no time to read it but I'll give you a 'thank' for your hard working!
    SebastiaaNL 67 mage, IlikePvP 66 bird, DutchTwinkk 56 bear, NoobzGtfo 44 bird, BoomFear 35 mage, moneymakerrr 11 merchant
    Proud member of Influence!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

You forgot the overconfident type... The type which kills others when he feels like it, doesn't give free kills, and does almost what he wants to. I must be one myself T_T
    Xazic -- That random warbird.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

Thanks sebastion haha. Btw I have no clue what a "thank" is. Lol some sort of rep bar or whatever? I always use mobile app so idk exactly....

Oh and Xazic, LOL I will add that type indeed XD. Probably edit in an hour or two.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Just yesterday I joined a game with iheartcookies and Hunqer not for kills but just to mess around with the flags. 45 min. gone and no one died.

Also I am also one of the ppl that dress up as a newbie and join a game. A dexmage rushed me unbuffed thinking I was easy kill and so I buffed IN MY disguise and killed him. 2nd time he buffed but still lost since I early shielded. He started calling me a lucky noob and I killed him a 3rd time with a defense orb. There is no 4th time ecause I switched to my good old voodoo .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

Wonderful guide, i luv being a noob faker
    Reveals the real noob haha
    I'm lowkey mediocre at this game

Blogger
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts

Im theyl type on my 15 bear where ill just rush cause its fun or i have toons that get rushed so i can see who takes game too seriously then level up and pwn them for fun and then most of the time i say "go" and loose tlbut thats when my sister comes in handy she doexnt care about kdr so she lets me pvp her its not considered kill boosting cause im not paying or being payed and we have fun i switch gear go gearless still pwn her(normall do it when im around -75-100 lol i dont like negative. Cause when its negarige i rush and look bad :P) anyways i just do what i do cause its fun to me and whoever has a problem take it up with me but its a game dont go taking stuff personally it only makes the game lessfun ive done that before anyways im the master behind blackfawkes, razertazer, and strawberydove if any of you didnt know my twinks

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

PL) razerfingers, razer, kinglewi SL) deadspace, razerfingers, sharpshooter DL) trueblood, razerfingers, sharpteeth AL) razer, razerfingers, billionaire, donaldtrump

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Your Threads are always so awesome. Yet due to shortage of time right now I could not read it compeletely, but I will compelete it soon..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

@twinklaser wait seriously? XD you're that stubborn person arguing with my original statement lol...let me ask you some questions, how did you discover the arena had flags at all? How many kills do you have? What's your kdr? And how often do you mess around with flags for 45mins? Lol be honest with yourself and you will realise that everyone wants kills ultimately.

@Razerfingers, Spacebar is your friend dude! Lol it sounds like you are agreeing with me I think. If so thanks, if not still thanks!

@gst, thanks man, I'd appreciate it! Threads like this took me 3 hours to come up with. It sucks when no one even notices it haha...I'd love to hear your input!

Edit: oh and by the way, I edited my original thread with many grammar corrections and two more character types.
    Last edited by MightyMicah; 03-13-2012 at 03:46 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Very well thought out and you obviously spent time on this and i give you a big for that. Good ideas,facts things like that overall very good thread +1 to the big MM!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

Thanks Stomp I appreciate it.

None of your business, creeper... Geez...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

lol i'm the rash guy want your kdr to remain good at the expense of mine? add me.

think i'm kidding? look at what my lvl 26 mage went through for Jop before he pissed me off:

before adding jop:

1000-300

after:

1700-900...
    Expert pvp builder and tester, horrible execution XD
    Quote Originally Posted by Register View Post
    I was trying to be optimistic. Thanks for eating my fries.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

Too seriously for game.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,058 Posts

Hi Micah!

Rly well written guide alltogether but I have an improvement suggestion.

It would be easier for the reader if u boldened titles etc to make the guide more reader friendly. At this moment it's a heavy burden of grey mass to be read and it would ease the readers to look up to things as the guide would be easier to read.