Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Preview - Forest Fury, "The Deadly Druid" Gauntlet Event!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

ya it's 2mins for solo, actually all players who's on leadeboards runs solo

2.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #42
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,168 Posts

Yeah. I didn't like the results of having that 120 second solo thing so I'm not offering it this time. Sorry to continue to disappoint :-)
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

for me this is better, best team wins rather than same players occupying multiple spots on lb

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    Yeah. I didn't like the results of having that 120 second solo thing so I'm not offering it this time. Sorry to continue to disappoint :-)
    It's not about 120 sec, which could be lowered and set to whatever seems reasonable compared to team mode. Definitely last time solo and multi time frame were not competitive, solo HAD advantage at scoring.

Anyway I'm really not much interested, was just a thought.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts

Take a look at some my suggestions cinco^^ pretty nice, also if we already have the purple bonzo scythe coming in cant we get the dragonet bow instead of the purple one.

6.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #46
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,168 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Waug View Post
    It's not about 120 sec... solo HAD advantage at scoring.
    The advantage came from the extended time period because you got a lot of bonus points for every second that remained on the wave clock ;-)
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

So with this event being optimized for 5-player parties, solo runs from the sound of it won't bring in as many points if going for leaderboard correct?

8.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #48
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,168 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 3pc View Post
    @Cinco since all staff and axe of the 71 elites is vanity can we add the bow in this event? Also can we add a purple/black egg, terme talon, and Black starry set!PLEASE some better White Lightning weapons that sword is just not appealing. Also you said you would bring back a restructured Pa’s hat? Thanks and really please consider adding some of these to the crates and or vendor to make the event much more entertaining.
    An updated Pa's is on the list but won't be coming for a while - 'cause I would like to synchronize it with another National Holiday (preferring an American Military observance).
    Terme Talon item got made into a vanity for this event. Vanity version of the 71 elite bow sounds cool I will put that on my list (could be for second week of this event if I have time).
    It's also on my list to consider making an alternative main hand vanity for the White Lightning set - but I've got it slated for a time when the whole WL set comes back as loot ...which isn't on a calendar yet.
    | | | |

9.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #49
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,168 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aoeqt View Post
    So with this event being optimized for 5-player parties, solo runs from the sound of it won't bring in as many points if going for leaderboard correct?
    This is a good assumption. Points, difficulty and wave time limits are the same for this event whether you have four friends or if you go it alone. As I mentioned in a previous comment, one of my balance mistakes last time was to double the time limit for 'solo.' This increased time limit dramatically increased the amount of points 'solo' players could earn - especially in early waves. So I decided this time 'round to focus on the multiplayer experience in hopes that that level, gear, teamwork and strategy would be the deciding factors.
    | | | |

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Cinco For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

The advantage came from the extended time period because you got a lot of bonus points for every second that remained on the wave clock ;-)
    Ah sorry didn't clarify, I meant, lower time period for solo, that's what I meant yes but remaining seconds contribute less in scoring, extended time period help way more by making successful clearance the wave and entry to the higher wave which finally contribute to huge scoring.

For instance 90 sec for solo instead 120 sec, I just want to have both solo and multi competitive to each other not anyone having advantage to other format.
    Last edited by Waug; 08-27-2020 at 11:55 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts

An updated Pa's is on the list but won't be coming for a while - 'cause I would like to synchronize it with another National Holiday (preferring an American Military observance).
    Terme Talon item got made into a vanity for this event. Vanity version of the 71 elite bow sounds cool I will put that on my list (could be for second week of this event if I have time).
    It's also on my list to consider making an alternative main hand vanity for the White Lightning set - but I've got it slated for a time when the whole WL set comes back as loot ...which isn't on a calendar yet.
    WL is actually pretty common right now besides the shield so it doesnt really need to return as loot. All that being said can we throw in a black and purple egg for week 2?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Is Black Dragon set as New arcane items or whatever also in your list? If not Then sell your bd set and add it for us too to enjoy thanks

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Golem For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

If this case how will tied scores be handled? If solo is out of the picture for leaderboard you are looking at two full parties getting top ten. Is it possible extend that gold Druid set to top 25 and give top ten a title?
    Last edited by Faq; 08-27-2020 at 12:14 PM.

16.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #54
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,168 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Faq View Post
    If this case how will tied scores be handled? If solo is out of the picture for leaderboard you are looking at two full parties getting top ten. Is it possible for 10 highest scores to get the top ten rewards? Or possible extend that gold Druid set to top 25 and give top ten a title?
    We treat ties as the same 'rank,' so if you are tied for 10th you're in the Top 10. This also means that if a hundred players have the exact same score, they are all tied for the same 'rank,' and get the same prizes... or at least that is how I believe it's always worked :-)
    | | | |

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts

We treat ties as the same 'rank,' so if you are tied for 10th you're in the Top 10. This also means that if a hundred players have the exact same score, they are all tied for the same 'rank,' and get the same prizes... or at least that is how I believe it's always worked :-)
    Sweet thats cool I remember in AL when we had events and were able to tie good friends would all tie at 10th place so everyone could get the rewards

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Why you ignoring this Cinco?

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Golem For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Golem View Post
    Bring bd back to life like ur bringin everything else back to life :3

Poslano sa mog ANE-LX1 koristeći Tapatalk

21. The Following User Says Thank You to cryboi For This Useful Post:

22.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #58
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,168 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Golem View Post
    Ignoring what?
    | | | |

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Is Black Dragon set as New arcane items or whatever also in your list?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Would u consider adding the sea devil staff or the tiki tribal crusher of emotion? These were award winning designs made by PL players rather than the devs so they were special in that regard.