Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A solution to help newbies

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Default A solution to help newbies

Hey guys so I've seen a lot of newbies who played the game however they quit mid game since a lot of players disregard to help them or to provide aid with the quest and stuffs.
    Making it for them difficult to lvl up and as we've seen the lvl is getting higher and higher and will be having an expansion as well might be next month? next year? idk ahaha

So I would like to introduce the Mentor and Disciple program, higher lvl players can choose lower lvl players as their disciple or vice versa the lower lvl players can choose higher lvl players as their Mentor.

It would be a contract for two individuals and can be ended by any of them.

So here how it would goes the Mentor would help its disciple and each lvl they receive a reward, for both the Mentor and the Disciple example the Disciple reach lvl 15,30,45,55,65,71 there would be a reward or a crate pack or something of course the mentor gets more and once the disciple reach lvl 76 then there would be an awesome reward for the Mentor as well for all the hard work too.

There is one concern what if the disciple ends the deal before turning lvl 76 hmm then we can add a minimum lvl if the disciple reaches lvl 66 or something then they can't end the agreement or find another mentor.

So it's a win win situation we could help the newbies and the higher lvl's would have a reason to really help their disciples.

We could also add LB seasonal Mentors on LB board Top Mentors who lvl up their disciples to lvl 76.
    Last edited by Zappy; 08-29-2020 at 10:18 PM.

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Zappy For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    283 Posts

I play this mobile game called Growtopia and we have the same system, only downside; noone uses it.
    Its very unlikely mentoring a new player is more profitable than farming gold straigh forward, hence why i dont see this working.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Spooked View Post
    I play this mobile game called Growtopia and we have the same system, only downside; noone uses it.
    Its very unlikely mentoring a new player is more profitable than farming gold straigh forward, hence why i dont see this working.
    It could be a sidejob especially if the farming maps are close :3 + not all players are farmers well if the rewards are worthy then it would work.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    117 Posts

Hahaha +1 this actually sounds really cool. I'd love to train some little Overbear disciples

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Overbear For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    593 Posts

Rewards could be titles and badges, maybe banners.
    I’m rubber and you’re glue, what bounces off me, sticks on you..
    Stop assuming my posts are emotional. I don’t care that much.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    134 Posts

Default A solution to help newbies

Instead of gold they get unlocked chests that allow them for a chance to loot an arcane item... no that! Would bring alot of mentors

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,064 Posts

They could watch youtube videos. I have videos of me starting from level 1 and going to lv 76 on a rogue with 0 help from any of my other characters. Its on its own, currently have 700k gold on it while it is lv66. I post a ton of helpful things so do others, don't give your stuff away for free that just teaches them to always rely on others and beg them.
    There are many nab players who get tons of help from people but betray those people and make lies about them. Especially in guilds, they expect the entire guild to stop what they are doing and kiss their azz every 15 minutes and if you don't help they leave even though you and mulyiple others helped them a ton but the one time you don't they get butt hurt leave guild and trash talk about guild + players. Its happened to me countless times and I am sure you guys seen it happen in your guilds too.
    This is a very very easy game. Heh try dark souls 3 on pc or left 4 dead solo expert campaigns if you want hard.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Encryptions; 08-29-2020 at 05:50 PM.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Encryptions For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts

Very Nice idea. +1
    But one thing that is a concern is that level 76 [ Massive rewards ] Imagine a disciple gets helped from 1-71 by a mentor and ends the deal so the mentor doesnt get the 76 reward
    But this idea will be really helpful to players and fun!

Sent from my Navy using Tapatalk

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Prabsimar Chhabra View Post
    Very Nice idea. +1
    But one thing that is a concern is that level 76 [ Massive rewards ] Imagine a disciple gets helped from 1-71 by a mentor and ends the deal so the mentor doesnt get the 76 reward
    But this idea will be really helpful to players and fun!

Sent from my Navy using Tapatalk
    Hmm if the disciple reach lvl 66 or something then they can't end the deal with the mentor. Of course the mentor would be oblige to really help the disciple to lvl up and reach 76 for the rewards.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Encryptions View Post
    They could watch youtube videos. I have videos of me starting from level 1 and going to lv 76 on a rogue with 0 help from any of my other characters. Its on its own, currently have 700k gold on it while it is lv66. I post a ton of helpful things so do others, don't give your stuff away for free that just teaches them to always rely on others and beg them.
    There are many nab players who get tons of help from people but betray those people and make lies about them. Especially in guilds, they expect the entire guild to stop what they are doing and kiss their azz every 15 minutes and if you don't help they leave even though you and mulyiple others helped them a ton but the one time you don't they get butt hurt leave guild and trash talk about guild + players. Its happened to me countless times and I am sure you guys seen it happen in your guilds too.
    This is a very very easy game. Heh try dark souls 3 on pc or left 4 dead solo expert campaigns if you want hard.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    Yes its kinda true but this program is mutual benefits since the disciple would be rewarded every lvl and also the mentor would also be rewarded. So its like you're helping each other out anyways. It's a mutual benefit not one sided.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Oakmaiden View Post
    That could also work LB Seasonal Mentor hihihi most discipled that have been lvl to 76 every season.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Oakmaiden View Post
    agree, following this statement

Quote Originally Posted by Spooked View Post
    Ign : Freckert

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

i like this idea +1

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

It's sad how low lv find it difficult when they're in need of help,most ppl literally ignore their plea.So low lv do monotonous daily quests which in turn gets boring for some and thus rip al.
    Hope there are some incentives to get them excited to play al.

Sent from my SM-A505F using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Or make it an new Achievement points since seasonal LB is introduced there is are plenty of supply of mentors

Also reward mentorship with unique permanent stat like +movement speed, damage reduction etc. or vanity aura

Sent from my CPH1803 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    134 Posts

Heres the problem. Its not that hard to make a new account and call it your disciple. And to top it off, most dont give a flying unicorn about helping anyone but are just after the rewards. Lvling is not that hard either. Its a slog. theres only a few endgame maps that actually needs helping but again youll hardly see people bother helping there. This game has been out for so long that theres enough information out there to get started so just point them in the right direction and help them if you want. But asking for a banner, LB and what not for just "helping some newbie".....?

What I would really like to see an improvement on the game play on lower lvls to make it more interesting and make them relevant even for endgamers.
    Last edited by Remiem; 09-04-2020 at 09:48 PM.
    meep meep

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    117 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gaprisha View Post
    Heres the problem. Its not that hard to make a new account and call it your disciple. And to top it off, most dont give a flying fok about helping anyone but are just after the rewards. Lvling is not that hard either. Its a slog. theres only a few endgame maps that actually needs helping but again youll hardly see people bother helping there. This game has been out for so long that theres enough information out there to get started so just point them in the right direction and help them if you want. But asking for a banner, LB and what not for just "helping some newbie".....?

What I would really like to see an improvement on the game play on lower lvls to make it more interesting and make them relevant even for endgamers.
    There's not much they can really do other than add new content such as new items or vanities that can be looted with special tokens that are dropped in those areas. It's logical that after the 8 years that the game has been running that 99% of players would be 76. Another, which is a better solution imo, would be that they drop some ads. Even the old cinematic trailer would do. Any form of advertisement would do. As long as they bring new players into the game, there will be more $ that they make and more friends that we make and it would revive lower levels.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

I see nothing wrong with it, actually it would be a good addition to the game. Only thing that would be needed to for people saying "This is a bad idea" would he an option to ignore Mentoring requests, then they would literally be unaffected by the whole thing. Is there were some rewards like vanity, little bit of gold, and some gear a new player might need. I think a player that's happy is more willing to invest rather than one that is forced to pay.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

It would be fun to see higher lvl's beg lower lvl's to lvl them up lmao ahahaha

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aeot View Post
    I see nothing wrong with it, actually it would be a good addition to the game. Only thing that would be needed to for people saying "This is a bad idea" would he an option to ignore Mentoring requests, then they would literally be unaffected by the whole thing. Is there were some rewards like vanity, little bit of gold, and some gear a new player might need. I think a player that's happy is more willing to invest rather than one that is forced to pay.
    Yep you're definitely right about it we also need to introduce something new to keep the game going and sustain players as well It would be nice to newbies to have a newbie friendly game that forces higher lvl people to beg newbies to lvl up and be their disciples ahaha