Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Vanity ideas for the forgotten vanity event

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Susanne View Post
    So, are the vanities going to be made from armours? I'm asking because I've not been taking much notice lately and don't have time to read back.
    Anyway, if so..I would like to see some of the new armours become available as vanities. I like the one that looks like night assassin but it's white. I think it's called smart. There's a few more modern ones that would make nice vanities.
    Hi, the vanitys can get for tokens or drop with elixir tomorrow.

Tokens = Vanity Bound
    Drop with elixir = Vanity Tradeable

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Avaree View Post
    All the negativity... be grateful.. blue elite journeyman type of vanity for those who properly run the tour, and another new set of vanities and vanity weapons coming
    https://www.spacetimestudios.com/sho...Dragkin-Temple

I think many forget there is also two other STS games that also have Devs‘ attention too.
    The only negativity here is from players who came at the OP with sharpened pitchforks for mere suggestions when Cinco himself asked the community for suggestions for things we would like to see.

Treat suggestions like suggestions instead of getting worked up over it as if your lives are on the line. In the end the team will decide what to bring back and what not to. Forum moderator close this thread before these players drown in their own tears for the cause of maintaining rarity

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,353 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Truth_hurts View Post
    The only negativity here is from players who came at the OP with sharpened pitchforks for mere suggestions when Cinco himself asked the community for suggestions for things we would like to see.

Treat suggestions like suggestions instead of getting worked up over it as if your lives are on the line. In the end the team will decide what to bring back and what not to. Forum moderator close this thread before these players drown in their own tears for the cause of maintaining rarity
    It’s just not this thread, but over the course of the last few weeks, the negativity is nauseating. It’s just a game. And suggestion belong the suggestion sub forum area. JS.
    Avy
    12-2012

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Avaree For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Idk if ppl will still wear heraldic if its worth 500k idk idk..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gilsooon View Post
    Heraldics etc are special cuz of their price and rarity. Green arlor set for rogue was special as it was over 70m. After it got released nobody likes it.

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gilsooon View Post
    I wear a Heraldic rn which I bought at a high price and I don't want to get released again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    527 Posts

Iced ribs gun (lightning one) or Ice pelled gun.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to QuaseT For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    134 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by QuaseT View Post
    Iced ribs gun (lightning one) or Ice pelled gun.
    Totally forgot about that gun!!! The lightning one us amazing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by almountajn View Post
    Heraldics etc are special cuz of their price and rarity. Green arlor set for rogue was special as it was over 70m. After it got released nobody likes it.

Hm there are some items which are used as a statement instead for fashion, Green Arlor was more of a statement than fashion for good looks. Heraldic sets will always be liked because they are absolutely great common or rare.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aeot View Post
    Hm there are some items which are used as a statement instead for fashion, Green Arlor was more of a statement than fashion for good looks. Heraldic sets will always be liked because they are absolutely great common or rare.
    If that is the case, a very common heraldic is the steel heraldic vanity set and as it stands right now, I barely see anyone wear it, it’s not expensive by any means and is obtainable at all times, repping that heraldic name I would think it’s very liked. Trust me everyone loves the color scheme of epic/rare heraldic obviously, but also everything comes with a price tag and the limitedness to an item, I own a black heraldic for rog and I love it, and I know lots of others do, but it’s also the price tag that comes with this set, no one wants to wear the same thing as every other rog, tank, or mage and wanna set themselves apart from others. Just how I feel

And also not replying this to you, but indeed I do love the fact there are vanities coming from old beloved sought after collectable weapons, but at the same time who will be aiming for these collectables anymore now When they know they can Payless for the vanity version, making a vanity, and producing a retired weapon into this kills the value of a old collectable weapon form, and no one would be as curious “what level is your weapon?” Would hardly be a question anymore, it would be Majority of the time “you selling your vanity?”

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stinker For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Stinker View Post
    If that is the case, a very common heraldic is the steel heraldic vanity set and as it stands right now, I barely see anyone wear it, it’s not expensive by any means and is obtainable at all times, repping that heraldic name I would think it’s very liked. Trust me everyone loves the color scheme of epic/rare heraldic obviously, but also everything comes with a price tag and the limitedness to an item, I own a black heraldic for rog and I love it, and I know lots of others do, but it’s also the price tag that comes with this set, no one wants to wear the same thing as every other rog, tank, or mage and wanna set themselves apart from others. Just how I feel

And also not replying this to you, but indeed I do love the fact there are vanities coming from old beloved sought after collectable weapons, but at the same time who will be aiming for these collectables anymore now When they know they can Payless for the vanity version, making a vanity, and producing a retired weapon into this kills the value of a old collectable weapon form, and no one would be as curious “what level is your weapon?” Would hardly be a question anymore, it would be Majority of the time “you selling your vanity?”

This is exactly how it plays out. If the steel heraldic armor was limited or priced high similar to crier or brown heraldic then you’d find it on the top of everyone’s begging list, yet it’s available in store at a low price and nobody looks in it’s direction. Not to mention there’s a tour event RIGHT NOW that rewards an elite journeyman vanity set, but it seems like even the above average wealthy players don’t want to earn anything legitimately anymore.

It seems like there’s a misconception about what Cinco said, let’s read a reply from Cinco himself.

Name:  34021C5B-A620-4BB8-87C3-E8B122DC8521.jpeg
Views: 171
Size:  91.8 KB

By making this thread, continuously asking for rare collectables to be made into vanity you are creating the drama. Don’t act surprised when you receive backlash.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    86 Posts

Ghoulis blade
    Entombed hammer

Lets go all out,
    Why dont sts implemented a recipe that can craft item into vanity, let us the player decided ourself which item we want to turn into vanity

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ilove_Poopoo View Post
    This suggestion would be very inconsiderate on behalf of collectors, veterans etc.. seeing all those old, rare collectibles being degraded, irrelevant to an extent if it would be released as vanities..

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk
    Based on your argument, it's very inconsiderate whenever sts releases a new pet that is better than the old pet. Used to be Arc DB was all the craze, then Lancelot, now Arc Shoggoth. And arc shoggoth will eventually get replaced too. Deal with it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    330 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lawpvp View Post
    Based on your argument, it's very inconsiderate whenever sts releases a new pet that is better than the old pet. Used to be Arc DB was all the craze, then Lancelot, now Arc Shoggoth. And arc shoggoth will eventually get replaced too. Deal with it
    My logic simply, its very inconsiderate whenever Sts re-releases supposedly discontinued, limited, exclusive items. Idk where you pulled your analogy that implies pet/gear progressions, entirely different.

That being said, re-releasing old, discontinued gears into vanity form is inconsiderate. And no, the "they are different" narrative is untrue, since individuals pay for the aesthetic irrespective wether its a vanity or equipment.

Last edited by Ilove_Poopoo; 09-03-2020 at 08:13 PM.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Ilove_Poopoo For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

My logic simply, its very inconsiderate whenever Sts re-releases supposedly discontinued, limited, exclusive items. Idk where you pulled your analogy that implies pet/gear progressions, entirely different.

That being said, re-releasing old, discontinued gears into vanity form is inconsiderate. And no, the "they are different" narrative is untrue, since individuals pay for the aesthetic irrespective wether its a vanity or equipment.

"Seeing all those old, rare collectibles being degraded, irrelevant, to an extent"

Sam used to be 20m, and that's probly the equivalent of well over 100m now. All those old, rare, arc pets have been degraded and made irrelevant. It's exactly the same

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    330 Posts

"Seeing all those old, rare collectibles being degraded, irrelevant, to an extent"

Sam used to be 20m, and that's probly the equivalent of well over 100m now. All those old, rare, arc pets have been degraded and made irrelevant. It's exactly the same
    Sam, or any other arc pets were never discontinued. Entirely different from these old discontinued collectibles.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Sam, or any other arc pets were never discontinued. Entirely different from these old discontinued collectibles.

It's irrelevant if they were discontinued or not. What matters is the available supply. It's a fact that there were numerous points in time when a Sam egg was harder to find than any of the weapons released as vanities in this event. Now any scrub can buy a Sam, like any scrub can farm for these weapon vanities.

The only reason people are crying is because they lost gold. Whether they admit it or not, it's pretty obvious. For the people who actually care about collecting, guess what, they still have the weapon version which is still just as rare as it was before the event. For people who care about having a unique appearance, get over yourself. You're not the King of Arlor. Why should thousands of people be restricted from a cool appearance because someone wants to afk in town with a weapon they never use for actual content.

In World of Warcraft you can turn basicly any item into a vanity. There's a surprisingly large part of the playerbase that only plays the game to collect vanity appearances and mounts. If all the old items/mounts had been discontinued such that you could no longer acquire them, they wouldn't even play the game. Given that WoW is the most successful MMORPG in history, sts could certainly take some notes from Blizzard. Letting people use items from the past as a vanity is absolutely good for the game. If a few collectors wanna cry about it, I couldn't care less. Utilitarianism: The doctrine that actions are right if they are useful or for the benefit of the majority. Essentially the right thing to do is whatever brings the greatest amount of good for the greatest number of people. Bringing back old items as vanities is useful and a benefit to the majority of the playerbase. Never bringing items back benefits an extremely small minority, at the expense of everybody else. Case and point.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Key word: Supposedly. They never outright stated these items would never come back. Don't assume things that were never stated.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

this event is going to make collectors shake like scared little girls . i would to if my super rare item was in danger to lose all its value

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    330 Posts

It's irrelevant if they were discontinued or not. What matters is the available supply. It's a fact that there were numerous points in time when a Sam egg was harder to find than any of the weapons released as vanities in this event. Now any scrub can buy a Sam, like any scrub can farm for these weapon vanities.

The only reason people are crying is because they lost gold. Whether they admit it or not, it's pretty obvious. For the people who actually care about collecting, guess what, they still have the weapon version which is still just as rare as it was before the event. For people who care about having a unique appearance, get over yourself. You're not the King of Arlor. Why should thousands of people be restricted from a cool appearance because someone wants to afk in town with a weapon they never use for actual content.

In World of Warcraft you can turn basicly any item into a vanity. There's a surprisingly large part of the playerbase that only plays the game to collect vanity appearances and mounts. If all the old items/mounts had been discontinued such that you could no longer acquire them, they wouldn't even play the game. Given that WoW is the most successful MMORPG in history, sts could certainly take some notes from Blizzard. Letting people use items from the past as a vanity is absolutely good for the game. If a few collectors wanna cry about it, I couldn't care less. Utilitarianism: The doctrine that actions are right if they are useful or for the benefit of the majority. Essentially the right thing to do is whatever brings the greatest amount of good for the greatest number of people. Bringing back old items as vanities is useful and a benefit to the majority of the playerbase. Never bringing items back benefits an extremely small minority, at the expense of everybody else. Case and point.
    Every Individual has their own playstyle, being a collector is one. Collectors and veterans defend where they stand irrespective of gold. So for you to codemn every other collector by describing them simply as one who just 'afks', 'cries', 'king of Arlor? is disrespectful. You never once considered the time and effort invested to obtain those 'cool appearances' you speak. Instead of wanting things easy, rather pay the price.

Unsure what WoW has anything to do with this? For all I know that game, and any other role playing or Mmorpg game within also contains a broad array of discontinued collectibles that no one wants back besides individuals like you who disregards collectors, only thinking of anything nice right beside them, in an instant.

You're thoroughly turning a blind eye if you hold all those who've been collecting discontinued, old and distinctive entities then to wholly re-release exact looking stuff for every second player to have is right, just because you believe in a fallacious and flawed philosophical doctrine that favors your narrative self, so to speak..

For all we know the game needs a thousand more important additions, and not to approach something that isn't broken..

Tc...