Thread: Auction sale history idea

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Default Auction sale history idea

For new players and/or players returning to DL...

The economy changes a lot in DL so it is likely to be “scammed” on auction when people overprice items.

My idea is to add a “view all sales” option to auction to provide a sale history for the listed item the player is looking at. A sale history would be great for all players unfamiliar with prices.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Konpiusz View Post
    For new players and/or players returning to DL...

The economy changes a lot in DL so it is likely to be “scammed” on auction when people overprice items.

My idea is to add a “view all sales” option to auction to provide a sale history for the listed item the player is looking at. A sale history would be great for all players unfamiliar with prices.

It's not possible to get scammed if you don't want to get scammed. If you care enough to ask around first before buying the first tjing you see on auction, you won't pay an overprice. Plus it's not called getting scammed, you're not forced or fooled into buying to start with.
    For example there is dynamo on auc at the moment for 790mil. If you buy for that price, don't blame no one but yourself because you clearly didn't bother to ask around first, see what prices people sell for aside of auction. So yeah pointless idea in my opinion

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Everlights For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Everlights View Post
    It's not possible to get scammed if you don't want to get scammed. If you care enough to ask around first before buying the first tjing you see on auction, you won't pay an overprice. Plus it's not called getting scammed, you're not forced or fooled into buying to start with.
    For example there is dynamo on auc at the moment for 790mil. If you buy for that price, don't blame no one but yourself because you clearly didn't bother to ask around first, see what prices people sell for aside of auction. So yeah pointless idea in my opinion
    You’re missing the whole point. I see u all over forums annoying people leave my post alone please. The whole point is to help new players/returning players

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Konpiusz View Post
    You’re missing the whole point. I see u all over forums annoying people leave my post alone please. The whole point is to help new players/returning players

And this doesn't help neither new players or returning players is what I'm telling you. First, new players wouldn't even have that much to lose off auction as they don't own that much gold to start with, if they don't know it's possible to buy and sell with players instead of auction. Second, returning players should already be aware of being able to trade with players and that auction prices aren't always the thing. If you count me annoying for explaining to you that this idea is not something that helps anyone and there are better things to look at, then you shouldn't have posted because this is what the forum is for. For people to speak off their opinions and simply talk.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

And this doesn't help neither new players or returning players is what I'm telling you. First, new players wouldn't even have that much to lose off auction as they don't own that much gold to start with, if they don't know it's possible to buy and sell with players instead of auction. Second, returning players should already be aware of being able to trade with players and that auction prices aren't always the thing. If you count me annoying for explaining to you that this idea is not something that helps anyone and there are better things to look at, then you shouldn't have posted because this is what the forum is for. For people to speak off their opinions and simply talk.
    you’re talking non sense, new players can easily buy a set for platinum. And it does take some time to know ALL prices.

Returning players could be misinformed of a price.

Get off my post ur talking nonsense and you’re useless

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Be honest buddy, You’re just scared of losing merching because everyone is gonna know all the prices if this happened

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    134 Posts

This is still an interesting idea, but still vulnerable, as I believe that the auctioneers scammers would also adapt to this functionality, perhaps they could even buy between themselves, with alternative characters to corrupt the real historic. The best way to organize and control this situation of vulnerability for beginners I believe that the best tool still is information, so when in doubt ask, not only for veterans, but come to the forum and ask preferably in the topic called:
    DL Trader's Market
    Last edited by Phosgore; 09-03-2020 at 11:19 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Phosgore View Post
    This is still an interesting idea, but still vulnerable, as I believe that the auctioneers scammers would also adapt to this functionality, perhaps they could even buy among themselves in order to corrupt the real history. The best way to organize and control this situation of vulnerability for beginners I believe that the best tool is information, so when in doubt ask, not only for veterans, but come to the forum and ask preferably in the topic called:
    DL Trader's Market
    I do understand that could be a problem which makes it vulnerable, thank you for not being useless like everlights

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    134 Posts

Well, I always try to see the positive side of ideas. Keep trying mate, improvements in Auction with a focus on values/standardization still is a big challenge in my opinion.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

You are absolutely correct, don't worry about brainless people commenting on you