Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Hahaha cry time for collectors

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Giant bench View Post
    Maybe you can tell me since snowman can’t. What is difference from me want buy vanity version of armor for plat? How will effect give in bad way? How will ruin game?
    It's essentially an upgrade from the original item. It's much different than taking existing supply and releasing a recipe to craft it into a vanity version. So, it nullifies the point of the original item and therefore its value. People are going to be upset about it; it's natural to be. You also have to look at things logically though. They are only special because we think they are special. Really though, it was just a regular item and production was unlimited.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    They do not want to touch expensive and valuable items, but still it has happened. It's happening as we speak and will continue to happen. I don't make the rules, I'm just stating what has happened and what will happen. If you notice, they do not touch exclusive items. So, as I suggested. If you want to collect, invest/collect in those items instead.

I'm also a player from 2010, there are things I know has a chance that will get re-released. Will I be upset? Naturally, I'm only human. However, I cannot expect that it will not happen. The bottom line is, developers will make the decisions they need to make to ensure the game has sufficient funds. And at the end of the day, that's a decision that benefits all of us even if it's a bitter pill to swallow.
    It has happened and they’ve seen what it concludes to, items becoming disregarded completely due to a mass reintroduction of said items. This is what we want to avoid and it seems they are aware of it.

The game will have sufficient funds regardless of collectables, the only benefits that’ll come from it is a mere moment of happiness for some players that’ve played for under a year while the backlash of veteran players will be permanent.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman Is here View Post
    It has happened and they’ve seen what it concludes to, items becoming disregarded completely due to a mass reintroduction of said items. This is what we want to avoid and it seems they are aware of it.

The game will have sufficient funds regardless of collectables, the only benefits that’ll come from it is a mere moment of happiness for some players that’ve played for under a year while the backlash of veteran players will be permanent.
    The backlash of veteran players is very small at this point. The revenue from newer players heavily outweighs what a veteran player thinks. These are the facts, it's up to us to accept.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    273 Posts

What’s you opinion if they Recolor them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by THE GOLDEN KING View Post
    What’s you opinion if they Recolor them?

Good idea too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Also, STG has already thanked us veterans by giving us an exclusive vanity for simply being a veteran. We cannot expect every item of old to be a collectible item - that's just not how things work.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    273 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xXxrriottxXX View Post
    Good idea too.
    The only reason I bring that up is because, if you look at OG jester, there’s 4 colors in total. Yet the original is worth 2bil+.

Red Arlor Recolored 5 times now, yet the original is still worth millions.

Or Ice golem set, we have 3 different types. Yet 2 of them are worth 2bil+ same goes with Medusa and Ice Spirit set, there’s 2 different versions (Recolored/Retextured).

Maybe if they Recolored them... and made them for plat... and made them untradable... then maybe all you collectors could chill out a bit...

Ps. Because I know someone is going to tell me “There’s already Steel Heraldic Vanity for 25 plat and it Recolor of collectable forerunner” I’m aware of that... I also own a set...

8. The Following User Says Thank You to THE GOLDEN KING For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Also, STG has already thanked us veterans by giving us an exclusive vanity for simply being a veteran. We cannot expect every item of old to be a collectible item - that's just not how things work.
    An exclusive vanity is a simple gesture towards veteran players, this does not mean veteran players are disregarded compared to a new player. The backlash from veterans are just as large as the amount of new players, evident enough if you check other threads. I also never see 2018 players spending hundreds on platinum purchases compared to an older player.

If you think catering to a minority of new players for better revenue while disregarding other players is more profitable than creating a stronger revenue from the entire community then you need to study business practices.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

The only reason I bring that up is because, if you look at OG jester, there’s 4 colors in total. Yet the original is worth 2bil+.

Red Arlor Recolored 5 times now, yet the original is still worth millions.

Or Ice golem set, we have 3 different types. Yet 2 of them are worth 2bil+ same goes with Medusa and Ice Spirit set, there’s 2 different versions (Recolored/Retextured).

Maybe if they Recolored them... and made them for plat... and made them untradable... then maybe all you collectors could chill out a bit...

Ps. Because I know someone is going to tell me “There’s already Steel Heraldic Vanity for 25 plat and it Recolor of collectable forerunner” I’m aware of that... I also own a set...

They’re holding a new journeyman vanity as reward for this tour of arlor, nobody is saying new vanities are bad. But asking for already existing items to return in any form isn’t what’s right to the people who’ve worked for these items.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Sts has already made their statement, it seems you are the one that isn’t listening since you continue asking for the same thing every year.

The problem here is that you seem to think by whining like children for things everything will be given to you, sts has already rereleased items, recolored items, yet here you are still asking. When will it come to a point where you realize you actually have to work for the things you want?
    I think that’s the point... LB items were for a limited time. People busted their butts for them during the LB events. Not to mention those items are expensive and valuable and if a player wants them they will have to bust their butt and earn the gold to get those items, which in turn: 1. Gives the player something to gain and earn. 2. Keeps the player for longer. And 3. Increases the chance of the player paying for platinum and buying something they do enjoy playing/making them happy. Because when players buy plat and if they spend it correctly they will earn gold and the more they spend the closer they are to buying from another player LB vanity.

Really the Players are investing in STS, it’s a game/app but it’s fun and really the ones who pay for plat are keeping the lights running in STS. Re-releasing LB/high value/expensive items would probably cause STS to lose their most paying players.
    Especially when things becomes easier to earn.

Keep in mind I love this game and yes I have paid for plat. I believe in Arcane legends and I’ve played it since 2013. People pay for entertainment, and I have been. Also I do farm and earn gold... I do bust my butt. People just have to learn how to work for things they want, that’s how life is. No one is going to do the work for you.
    It’s never easy but it’s worth it. The reward after working hard for something you want is priceless.
    Last edited by ItsTheCat; 09-04-2020 at 02:04 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    273 Posts

Default Hahaha cry time for collectors

They’re holding a new journeyman vanity as reward for this tour of arlor, nobody is saying new vanities are bad. But asking for already existing items to return in any form isn’t what’s right to the people who’ve worked for these items.
    New vanities aren’t bad but they’re not good either... that’s why I’d recommend recoloring/Redesign old ones... sure they might be the same idea but it’s a different concept. That’s what I’m suggesting... that’s what I’ve been suggesting for the past 2 years... That’s what a lot of people have been suggesting...

Listen I get it, you paid 1bil for crier(this is an example) of course you’d get upset since you just got the item for a huge price just so STS can bring a vanity version of the same exact mold for cheap plat. I get it, I get it. This is most people’s thinking, Me personally I wouldn’t care if they bring old stuff back including LB items, again that’s me saying this while owning a Frank vest. But I know a lot of people will get upset if they do.

That’s why I suggested and I’ll suggest it again, to Recolor/Redesign the old stuff and make it untradable OR Make NEW entirely= or better looking vanities to begin with... OR Vanity Shard Concept. I’m with all these ideas. Just as long as they do them...

Yes I know there’s a contest going around ‘Tour of Arlor’ that has this heraldic looking set, I’m in it for the most part. Again if I got rewarded that vanity and then during AL birthday event it were to get rereleased in a tradabale plat purchasable set, would I get upset? Personally, no. Maybe others, yes. But for me no.

*The point of this post is ‘Paragraph 3, the rest is just filler*

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

Err, plenty of expensive and valuable items have been re-issued since the release of Arcane Legends in 2012. I used to have a different stance on this and was much like the other people here but have since realized that you cannot control the game. You have to play and make do with the parameters that have been given to you. Please note, I am not saying I want discontinued items to come back, as I have many as well. However, I am saying that we can't ask developers to not release discontinued, non-limited, release items. They need to do what is best for their game and their balance sheet.
    One of the reasons a forum exists is to have a developer-player relationship. We as players can certainly voice our opinion on not wanting rereleased discontinued items as a way to let the devs know as consumers, what we desire(I understand there are two sides to this). STS regardless of whether they release these items will be financially stable. STS’s financial stability is not only dependent on rereleased gear.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Warriorknown For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

New vanities aren’t bad but they’re not good either... that’s why I’d recommend recoloring/Redesign old ones... sure they might be the same idea but it’s a different concept. That’s what I’m suggesting... that’s what I’ve been suggesting for the past 2 years... That’s what a lot of people have been suggesting...

Listen I get it, you paid 1bil for crier(this is an example) of course you’d get upset since you just got the item for a huge price just so STS can bring a vanity version of the same exact mold for cheap plat. I get it, I get it. This is most people’s thinking, Me personally I wouldn’t care if they bring old stuff back including LB items, again that’s me saying this while owning a Frank vest. But I know a lot of people will get upset if they do.

That’s why I suggested and I’ll suggest it again, to Recolor/Redesign the old stuff and make it untradable OR Make NEW entirely= or better looking vanities to begin with... OR Vanity Shard Concept. I’m with all these ideas. Just as long as they do them...

Yes I know there’s a contest going around ‘Tour of Arlor’ that has this heraldic looking set, I’m in it for the most part. Again if I got rewarded that vanity and then during AL birthday event it were to get rereleased in a tradabale plat purchasable set, would I get upset? Personally, no. Maybe others, yes. But for me no.

*The point of this post is ‘Paragraph 3, the rest is just filler*

Vanity shards is too difficult to be fully implemented according to the Devs. Also people frankly don’t want redesigns either, there was a unique red arlor redesign with gold inlays but look how overshadowed it remains by original red arlor. New and original vanity is the only way to continue making people happy. (Also leads to higher opportunity for people to earn new and exclusive vanity for themselves)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

An exclusive vanity is a simple gesture towards veteran players, this does not mean veteran players are disregarded compared to a new player. The backlash from veterans are just as large as the amount of new players, evident enough if you check other threads. I also never see 2018 players spending hundreds on platinum purchases compared to an older player.

If you think catering to a minority of new players for better revenue while disregarding other players is more profitable than creating a stronger revenue from the entire community then you need to study business practices.
    The new players are not a minority, they are a majority. The numbers of veterans/collectors that still exist in game are very less. I think developers stated it many times if you go back and search posts.

Also, I have a very high net worth IRL - I think I know how to handle business practices just fine. I don't need someone's advice on it, so please do not insult me.
    Last edited by Zeus; 09-04-2020 at 03:06 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

The new players are not a minority, they are a majority. I think developers stated it many times.

Also, I have a very high net worth IRL - I think I know how to handle business practices just fine. I don't need someone's advice on it, so please do not insult me.
    I don’t seem to find any posts from a Dev showing that new players typically generate more money than 3+ year old average player, or older players. Maybe you can find something since you act as if you’re STS’s business accountant?

And what does your personal financial status have to do with anything? There’s garbage men with 60k+ salary on average but you don’t see them trying to give business advice, so don’t think your words carry any weight unless you’ve spent 4 years earning a bachelors degree in a business major.

Anyway, new players that have a minimal understanding of the game shouldn’t decide what’s best even if they have a wallet.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ItsTheCat View Post
    I think that’s the point... LB items were for a limited time. People busted their butts for them during the LB events. Not to mention those items are expensive and valuable and if a player wants them they will have to bust their butt and earn the gold to get those items, which in turn: 1. Gives the player something to gain and earn. 2. Keeps the player for longer. And 3. Increases the chance of the player paying for platinum and buying something they do enjoy playing/making them happy. Because when players buy plat and if they spend it correctly they will earn gold and the more they spend the closer they are to buying from another player LB vanity.

Really the Players are investing in STS, it’s a game/app but it’s fun and really the ones who pay for plat are keeping the lights running in STS. Re-releasing LB/high value/expensive items would probably cause STS to lose their most paying players.
    Especially when things becomes easier to earn.

Keep in mind I love this game and yes I have paid for plat. I believe in Arcane legends and I’ve played it since 2013. People pay for entertainment, and I have been. Also I do farm and earn gold... I do bust my butt. People just have to learn how to work for things they want, that’s how life is. No one is going to do the work for you.
    It’s never easy but it’s worth it. The reward after working hard for something you want is priceless.
    +1 Well said!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

I don’t seem to find any posts from a Dev showing that new players typically generate more money than 3+ year old average player, or older players. Maybe you can find something since you act as if you’re STS’s business accountant?

And what does your personal financial status have to do with anything? There’s garbage men with 60k+ salary on average but you don’t see them trying to give business advice, so don’t think your words carry any weight unless you’ve spent 4 years earning a bachelors degree in a business major.

Anyway, new players that have a minimal understanding of the game shouldn’t decide what’s best even if they have a wallet.
    LOL I thought your comments have been pretty constructive so far until I read your second paragraph.

I'm curious, are you implying the advice from a fresh graduate with a Bachelor degree in business carries more weight than someone who has made their way up to a high networth via starting their own business like Bill Gates, Jack Ma, Jeff Bezos just to name a few?

Veterans tho respected most of the time, and their opinions are often valued, are however NOT the VIPS of AL. The ones who pays STS and help their business are. Get your facts right please.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Analytical View Post
    LOL I thought your comments have been pretty constructive so far until I read your second paragraph.

I'm curious, are you implying the advice from a fresh graduate with a Bachelor degree in business carries more weight than someone who has made their way up to a high networth via starting their own business like Bill Gates, Jack Ma, Jeff Bezos just to name a few?

Veterans tho respected most of the time, and their opinions are often valued, are however NOT the VIPS of AL. The ones who pays STS and help their business are. Get your facts right please.
    I try to make all my comments constructive, but I don’t care for showboating honestly. Im implying I’d rather hear from the perspective of someone that’s actually taken their time in studying business rather than someone who has empty claims of their personal networth, otherwise everyone will claim they’re millionaires.

There is no VIPs of AL. If you think buying platinum gives you some sort of exclusive rights to STS or any of their games then sorry to break it to you but no such thing exists. There’s multiple players that’ve been banned with well over a few thousand dollars spent in AL, your choice in buying virtual goods is just that; a purchase, it doesn’t make you special.

P.S. it’s funny you compare zeus to billionaires, but you’re not too far off considering both have pasts of fraudulence, but lets remain on topic~
    Last edited by Snowman Is here; 09-04-2020 at 03:46 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Analytical View Post

Dude this is not veteran vs newcomers war. I dont think new players says re-release items etc. Probably nobody think about that since for a 8 years STS never released discounted items again. We have vainty examples as green arlor which nobody wears todays. It outraged well too my friends quit game after re-release green arlor. However, items oh man it will crack balances. I can not imagine 1b item now worths 0 gold. Nobody deserves this if they have respect to veterans or newplayers who bought heraldics. This situation should end here collecting is fun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

You insulted me with business advice. I have a a net worth in the 7 digits, so I don't need to be taught by an undergrad with a degree in business.