Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A salty collector speaks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Unhappy A salty collector speaks

probably the first ever 'rant' post i have considered posting but the collector in me just had to address this.

At first i was okay with the event, old gears that can still drop but not commonly being used anymore seeing their light return in form of an vanity was honestly an refreshing experience something that i have used in the past is now a vanity truly great. Here comes the but..

I can not agree with bringing back old 'legacy' gear, all these items do not drop anymore and have ever since hold a nice niche collector status. Yes no where is stated that this is a limited-time drop or something the alike and yes ik its a 'few million gold loss' but this isnt about the gold here, for me it is aboit the uniqueness i held with this gear and as a collector it just honestly feels like theres no point collecting anymore, since sts has said they would like to do more events like this.. then what's next? Will my soulhaunt set be butchered? My warlord axes? If everyone is just running around with these then theres no uniqueness left to the gear, then whats the point of even collecting gear if every old piece of gear has the chance of becoming an commonly used vanity..?

Once agian i wanna state im not salty about the gold loss but salty of my unique gear losing it uniqueness

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Darkrai For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darkrai View Post
    probably the first ever 'rant' post i have considered posting but the collector in me just had to address this.

At first i was okay with the event, old gears that can still drop but not commonly being used anymore seeing their light return in form of an vanity was honestly an refreshing experience something that i have used in the past is now a vanity truly great. Here comes the but..

I can not agree with bringing back old 'legacy' gear, all these items do not drop anymore and have ever since hold a nice niche collector status. Yes no where is stated that this is a limited-time drop or something the alike and yes ik its a 'few million gold loss' but this isnt about the gold here, for me it is aboit the uniqueness i held with this gear and as a collector it just honestly feels like theres no point collecting anymore, since sts has said they would like to do more events like this.. then what's next? Will my soulhaunt set be butchered? My warlord axes? If everyone is just running around with these then theres no uniqueness left to the gear, then whats the point of even collecting gear if every old piece of gear has the chance of becoming an commonly used vanity..?

Once agian i wanna state im not salty about the gold loss but salty of my unique gear losing it uniqueness
    If STS continue down this route in the future a big part of the game will be gone(collecting) and more importantly, players in the game. Hopefully STS can find a way to make both the Loyal Veterans and the Newer players happy as I don’t like the way things are being done either.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Warriorknown For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Warriorknown View Post
    If STS continue down this route in the future a big part of the game will be gone(collecting) and more importantly, players in the game. Hopefully STS can find a way to make both the Loyal Veterans and the Newer players happy as I don’t like the way things are being done either.
    You are contradicting yourself lmao.

"players will be gone" "Loyal veterans".

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aeot View Post
    You are contradicting yourself lmao.

"players will be gone" "Loyal veterans".
    Not all players that could potentially leave are veterans, read again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    165 Posts

If these items were untradeable and account bound(you yourself earned it) i could see the issue. At some point the wants of the masses outweighs the wants of the few.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to PostNoob For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PostNoob View Post
    If these items were untradeable and account bound(you yourself earned it) i could see the issue. At some point the wants of the masses outweighs the wants of the few.
    Just watch it, all the old legacy gear will be turned into semi common vanitys. Its just that these gears werent considered old enough to be considered truly rare, like the forerunner sets or heraldic (probably miss spelling that one) when those get added as vanitys you will see outcry of how unfair it all is, none of the playerbase seems to consider how this can all change out, heck it won't even suprise me if they will add bb hooks etc into the mix aswell cause technical those are considerd outdated and a vanity and since the masses demand it, it will probably come into the forgotten vanity event as well or something new like a zavier for vanitys

Idk it just feels like that adding those gears last second was really just a last second thought, like old art assets ingame that havent been touched yet by the recoloring that sts loves to do nowadays, i wish sts was a bit more creative like with the AL mario kart was such a fresh breath of air then here run the same event for recolored vanitys and 1 new vanity set.. and dont get me started on how this game is basically vanity legends.. but thats a topic i may dive into another thread if i ever feel like writing an essay

Got slightly of topic but oh well.. what can ya do when the game u used to play as a 13 year old is getting worse and worse as time goes by

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

As a collector, I completely agree with you, no salt to everyone but honest opinion. However, I do believe Cinco won’t turn vanity items that are no longer obtainable in the game. He already stated that “The Forgotten Vanity Event” are not a to re-releasing EXTREMELY valuable items. Therefore, it just a collection of items that still can be looted in the game which can be turn into vanity and I’m fine with that. I hope you guys all understand

IGN: AL -> Capno (76) / DL -> Laezeo (51)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Laezeo View Post
    As a collector, I completely agree with you, no salt to everyone but honest opinion. However, I do believe Cinco won’t turn vanity items that are no longer obtainable in the game. He already stated that “The Forgotten Vanity Event” are not a to re-releasing EXTREMELY valuable items. Therefore, it just a collection of items that still can be looted in the game which can be turn into vanity and I’m fine with that. I hope you guys all understand
    Where would you, at this exact time be possible to loot an tsunami blade or dark watch sword? Exactly you cant, sure it isnt as extremely valuable as a banana bow or heralic set but like i said it isn't about the gold, its about the gear losing it uniqueness

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Darkrai For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darkrai View Post
    Where would you, at this exact time be possible to loot an tsunami blade or dark watch sword? Exactly you cant, sure it isnt as extremely valuable as a banana bow or heralic set but like i said it isn't about the gold, its about the gear losing it uniqueness
    Oh I beg your pardon but I’m a sorcerer users. I don’t know much about rogue and warriors but nevertheless I am against of bringing all this valuable items turning them into vanity.

Ps. Pleas no hate

IGN: AL -> Capno (76) / DL -> Laezeo (51)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Agree with all, Cinco said that re-release will not include extremely valuable items from past but includes stat items which used to past. Dark Watch Sword was strongest stat weapon till 2020. So, in some way DWS fits with Cinco’s statement also from that we can guess that next re-release items may include expansion sets like Bonechill or Iron(Metal,Commander etc.) sets. Probably Devourer(Red,Blue). I think they should re-release endgame stat items of different expansions since most of them still obtainable there won’t be any problem.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    273 Posts

Default A salty collector speaks

In my opinion. TRUE collectors, would value their item(s) no matter what STS did/does. Most “collectors” just buy these great rare items for the investment and nothing more *Key word “Most” and NOT “all”*.

Therefore if you so called “collectors” get outraged and or complain on forums because STS rereleased them in vanity variants of their originality of them being armors, you are not a true collector.

I myself own a frank vest, you could argue it’s not a collectable but it is rare and unique... personally I wouldn’t care if they were to get rereleased, why? Cause on my end I actually do value my item.

But at a last, Cinco has already stated these Rare/Expensive items will NOT return. Therefore this thread was unnecessary, I understand most of you do not want your precious items to come back but money talks...

On a side note, if they do end up bringing these rare items back I would at-least recommend they make them untradable and or recolored/redesigned so the masses don’t get entirely upset. Again this is just my opinion... I respectfully disagree with the OP.

*Also, I’m 100% in agreement with the Vanity Shard concept to turn already existing rare armors into vanities*. Just food for thought Incase STS has any future plans with that nice idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to THE GOLDEN KING For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Not all players that could potentially leave are veterans, read again.
    The players affected by the event are collectors/veterans. Read again

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    85 Posts

addig these collectables is just a way to cover up the rlly poor efforts that were put in this event. Creating this event took like 5 minutes max. (4 minutes went to making an elixer to gain money). The sad part is they couldnt add 5 extra minutes to atleast recolour the collectables.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by swoutttt View Post
    addig these collectables is just a way to cover up the rlly poor efforts that were put in this event. Creating this event took like 5 minutes max. (4 minutes went to making an elixer to gain money). The sad part is they couldnt add 5 extra minutes to atleast recolour the collectables.
    hahaha yeah, i think thinking took like 30 second

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

Collecting is small part of the game. More of a hobby than anything they should bring back tabard again to that people can spend money and buy one

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    377 Posts

if it was the money they wanted they could have just made some cool sparkly sparkly aura vanitys and then add a very rare drop ,using a paid lix,for like say a vanity shard or recipe they allows u to craft any gear into a vanity.you know how many people would chase that carrot?

collectors saved these items for YEARS just to have them ruined.
    huge slap in the face to the veterans who love this game and love collecting things aswell as people who have WORKED hard to obtain said items

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Spell For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Spell View Post
    huge slap in the face
    If I had a dollar for every time I've seen somebody use this phrase over pixels i'd be a millionaire

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Lawpvp For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

All I can say is rip collectors. I used to collect old items but I keep it for myself and there is no intension to sell it for millions. And now, the uniqueness and rarity of the items are all gone, together with my interest in this game..
    Last edited by Goldirocks; 09-03-2020 at 11:42 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Goldirocks View Post
    All I can say is rip collectors. I used to collect old items but I keep it for myself and there is no intension to sell it for millions. And now, the uniqueness and rarity of the items are all gone, together with my interest in this game..

Sent from my CPH1819 using Tapatalk
    Bye bye ((((

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

stop complaining. You collect at your own risk, use your common sense. Many other mmo rpg's have the same element, it's just a part of many games in that genre. The lb vanities is a prime example, now if the dev's released the lb vanities again then rant all you want, you collect at your own risk. All collectors should have thought have the idea of the items returning again, but no they don't want to be faced with whats possible.
    Last edited by RedeZy; 09-03-2020 at 11:33 PM.

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RedeZy For This Useful Post: