Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A salty collector speaks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RedeZy View Post
    stop complaining. You collect at your own risk, use your common sense. Many other mmo rpg's have the same element, it's just a part of many games in that genre. The lb vanities is a prime example, now if the dev's released the lb vanities again then rant all you want, you collect at your own risk. All collectors should have thought have the idea of the items returning again, but no they don't want to be faced with whats possible.
    Well said. I agree that a few things shouldn't be rereleased, like lb vanities that were extremely hard to acquire. But legendary items like dark watch swords, tsunami blades, you used to be able to buy those for 200k. There's zero legitimately good reason why stuff like that shouldn't be rereleased. Personally, I hope that the Nordr jewel staffs come back next. That's one of the best looking staffs ever made, it would be lit if those were made into vanities. STS has the opportunity to revitalize the vanity market with events like this. Hopefully there will be more to come.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lawpvp View Post
    Well said. I agree that a few things shouldn't be rereleased, like lb vanities that were extremely hard to acquire. But legendary items like dark watch swords, tsunami blades, you used to be able to buy those for 200k. There's zero legitimately good reason why stuff like that shouldn't be rereleased. Personally, I hope that the Nordr jewel staffs come back next. That's one of the best looking staffs ever made, it would be lit if those were made into vanities. STS has the opportunity to revitalize the vanity market with events like this. Hopefully there will be more to come.
    Comparing 200k to like 2013-2014 is very wrong, 200k held a different valeu then it does today cause ya know inflation, if we were to compare it like that heralic, was like a common thing way back in the day and held way less valeu, should we compare it like that too? Doesnr make sence but yea i wasnt talking about the gold valeu of it all. You were

Also in my opnion its very wrong to think the only way to be a collector is to collect lb vanitys.. like what thats such an unrealistic thing to even do, the old legendary gear held an unique status and not everything should have limited edition tag in their description and even if they do theres an chance sts will just release it anyway.. did we all forget that they released the spider queen bow twice..? They can on a whim decide what to release and what not and that makes every 'collectable' that isnt atleast forerunner valeu at risk.. so something has to be considerd of extreme valeu to be considerd a collectable but the mid/high tier collectables like the tsunami blades/depraved are just be tossed aside? Also this clearly indicates that sts will probably release all the old gears as vanity expect for the top end.. then whats even the point of startinf to collect if u need like 50m+ as a starting point

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

This thread is so unnecessary. The fact that collectors are complaining because some unique weapons got turned into vanities is ridiculous. What did you expect honestly? These weapons could return at any time because unlike lb vanities which should and will remain exclusive and not re-released (not talking about re colours) these weapons aren’t exclusive they were drops throughout expansions meaning they are regular items which players desired and due to limited supply they became collectibles.

Well guess what it says NO WHERE and I repeat says no where that these weapons will not be re-released back into the game. Honestly there was never a guarantee that these items would be kept safe and never released again, and you wouldn’t expect a guarantee because they ain’t lb items their regular gear that was available during certain expansions.

Players who thought that items such as these vanity weapons would be kept safe and never released should rethink what they invest their gold into. Because you can’t blame anyone but yourself.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Bluez88 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    527 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darkrai View Post
    Comparing 200k to like 2013-2014 is very wrong, 200k held a different valeu then it does today cause ya know inflation, if we were to compare it like that heralic, was like a common thing way back in the day and held way less valeu, should we compare it like that too? Doesnr make sence but yea i wasnt talking about the gold valeu of it all. You were

Also in my opnion its very wrong to think the only way to be a collector is to collect lb vanitys.. like what thats such an unrealistic thing to even do, the old legendary gear held an unique status and not everything should have limited edition tag in their description and even if they do theres an chance sts will just release it anyway.. did we all forget that they released the spider queen bow twice..? They can on a whim decide what to release and what not and that makes every 'collectable' that isnt atleast forerunner valeu at risk.. so something has to be considerd of extreme valeu to be considerd a collectable but the mid/high tier collectables like the tsunami blades/depraved are just be tossed aside? Also this clearly indicates that sts will probably release all the old gears as vanity expect for the top end.. then whats even the point of startinf to collect if u need like 50m+ as a starting point
    I think he means that there is and was no safety net for collectors items. Sts didnt say they will never release them again while the description of lb items is saying that it is only obtainable in that specific lb, why would people run 2 weeks for an it otherwise.
    I would rather keep collectors stuff unreleased but he is right imo. Collector items have always had a risk to get rereleased in some way while lb items got announced as one time opportunity.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    521 Posts

It's all a waste of time this vanity lark. For instance, years ago I and a few other rogues would look longingly at the Green Arlor, wishing we could afford it. Not, as people here may think because it was out of our reach, it was because it's a really nice looking and classy vanity.
    Now some of us have it, it's rarely worn because of the way people react to it. Some have even called it a pile of garbage just because it's accessible now.
    I get my vanities mostly from events but only if they look ok.
    I don't think vanities should be re-released, I would rather we had new vanities that have the same quality as the "Forgotten” ones and let's be honest, they're not really forgotten judging by the reactions in forums and in-game.
    People play AL for different reasons and that's what made it the best. Some play for lb events, some to farm, merch, PvP etc. and some like to collect. I play casually and usually for events but please don't slate the people who like to collect items of rarity. It's just taking something else away from this much loved game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by QuaseT View Post
    I think he means that there is and was no safety net for collectors items. Sts didnt say they will never release them again while the description of lb items is saying that it is only obtainable in that specific lb, why would people run 2 weeks for an it otherwise.
    I would rather keep collectors stuff unreleased but he is right imo. Collector items have always had a risk to get rereleased in some way while lb items got announced as one time opportunity.
    Problem being only thing to expect to be collectable now are lb vanitys according to that logic and sts making an clear biased torwards 'expensive collectables' if you're gonna make collectables in a vanity then go all in or dont do it at all, allowing the really expensive collectables to stay the same while the other part gets screwed over.. and we dont even know what they consider super expensive could be anything. How it all stands now i have no idea what part of collection is basiscly dead and what survives. They could atleast have added some kind of recolor to it, collectables hold their uniqueness and we get a vanity in the same style win win

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    283 Posts

Honestly, and ive said it a few times before, if you really want something unique with a very small chance to ever have it being brought back: get a leaderboard vanity set. And not talking about the old golems because i wouldnt be surprised if they came back, but the new ones.
    I honestly dont see these coming back as they were never tradable in the first place.
    Its really sad to see old gear being brought back but its also refreshing.
    Ive always been someone to shout first come first serve but if an item completely dies out its just a shame.
    StS knows best what to do, and be happy this is all they brought back,i can name a dozen worse options.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    527 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Spooked View Post
    Honestly, and ive said it a few times before, if you really want something unique with a very small chance to ever have it being brought back: get a leaderboard vanity set. And not talking about the old golems because i wouldnt be surprised if they came back, but the new ones.
    I honestly dont see these coming back as they were never tradable in the first place.
    Its really sad to see old gear being brought back but its also refreshing.
    Ive always been someone to shout first come first serve but if an item completely dies out its just a shame.
    StS knows best what to do, and be happy this is all they brought back,i can name a dozen worse options.
    I would be suprised if tradeable sets come back.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

It just honestly surprising in order to be a collector u have to get LB sets and no other way.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    283 Posts

They recolored them already, I wouldn’t be surprised if they go the extra mile to be quite frankly with you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    412 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Spooked View Post
    They recolored them already, I wouldn’t be surprised if they go the extra mile to be quite frankly with you.
    im a collector from the past present and vampire....DL

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727AZ using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

You are collector. Nobody made you do it. You have chosen to do it and you have also choosed to buy/earn those certain items. So why are you mad? Are you collecting for sake of just showing off and having high price item or you are collecting because that item is unique to you and you value it no matter what price it is?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    593 Posts

Collecting pixels, lol.
    I’m rubber and you’re glue, what bounces off me, sticks on you..
    Stop assuming my posts are emotional. I don’t care that much.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    283 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mezderak View Post
    im a collector from the past present and vampire....DL

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727AZ using Tapatalk
    *gives you a pat on the back and a calming smile*

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

As a Season 1 player, most of you know me as Secretservice. I say bring back heraldic in vanity form and everything. Done got me heated bringing back tsunami blades, captain staff, depraved, ect. Slowly my collection goes to hell. So give me something I don't have and lets kill collecting all together.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Madxnoob View Post
    As a Season 1 player, most of you know me as Secretservice. I say bring back heraldic in vanity form and everything. Done got me heated bringing back tsunami blades, captain staff, depraved, ect. Slowly my collection goes to hell. So give me something I don't have and lets kill collecting all together.
    I'm afraid that I don't agree with your view. A few people (including me) have in their hands some pretty old and exclusive sets (Heraldic sets of flurry sets and more). I also know some people that own tsunami blades and dark watch swords. Sts might considered bringing these old items back as a vanity version because of the fact that they were good looking weapons. They were like 3 weapons that came back, why shall we sacrifice every single exclusive set that it was from cheap bundles and congratulations for the people that hoarded sets like those for years. I'm definitely sure that if an old set comes back and it's pretty cheap nobody will prefer using it (green arlor for example). I'm totally vertical to this statement.

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 using Tapatalk

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by almountajn View Post
    I'm afraid that I don't agree with your view. A few people (including me) have in their hands some pretty old and exclusive sets (Heraldic sets of flurry sets and more). I also know some people that own tsunami blades and dark watch swords. Sts might considered bringing these old items back as a vanity version because of the fact that they were good looking weapons. They were like 3 weapons that came back, why shall we sacrifice every single exclusive set that it was from cheap bundles and congratulations for the people that hoarded sets like those for years. I'm definitely sure that if an old set comes back and it's pretty cheap nobody will prefer using it (green arlor for example). I'm totally vertical to this statement.

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 using Tapatalk
    Easy money.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Razererxx View Post
    You are collector. Nobody made you do it. You have chosen to do it and you have also choosed to buy/earn those certain items. So why are you mad? Are you collecting for sake of just showing off and having high price item or you are collecting because that item is unique to you and you value it no matter what price it is?
    Not even gonna respond to this, if you actual start reading my posts in the thread and from other collectors in here you will be able understand my standpoint.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darkrai View Post
    Not even gonna respond to this, if you actual start reading my posts in the thread and from other collectors in here you will be able understand my standpoint.
    You just responded to him, and you’re a few months late

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alghost View Post
    You just responded to him, and you’re a few months late
    ... check when he posted and check when i replied, ill wait.