Thread: In regards of Forgotten Vanity Event

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    474 Posts

Post In regards of Forgotten Vanity Event

At this point I think would be a good time to actually make this set available as vanity.

Name:  S__11558925.jpg
Views: 484
Size:  182.4 KB

I know it has been requested before and I know that people who own it are no longer playing AL.

Thoughts?

Senior Member firebelt & crystalkiller's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium View Post
    At this point I think would be a good time to actually make this set available as vanity.

Name:  S__11558925.jpg
Views: 484
Size:  182.4 KB

I know it has been requested before and I know that people who own it are no longer playing AL.

Thoughts?
    No.. I don't agree cuz I've seen one player with it ingame last week.. I don't wanna mention ign.. So - 1

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Naw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Last time I checked I have it but ok

Senior Member firebelt & crystalkiller's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

Even if there are no players existing who own it.. Once they bring it back It loses its authenticity.. It'll be valueless.
    So NEVER should such rare items be bought back
    Tabard set is untradable but still.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Stop trying to bring back all the old stuff

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

like i mentioned in my thread, if we bring back all the old gear and make it as commonly as possible, then whats so unique about it? Using old gear as vanity cause ya have run out of art budget just seems wrong to me.. sure if u were too introduce something like a vanity shard that could make any gear a vanity then i wouldn't have much to complain since the original number of remaining of said item is still there but now their are just pumping this art back into the game..

Its like pulling an holo foiled charizard from the first ever booster packs and years later they release the exact same card (ik they did this already but it wasnt the exact same)

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Darkrai For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Oh Htiek..... I wish you could see this

IGN: AL -> Capno (76) / DL -> Laezeo (51)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Laezeo For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

I agree, I’ve been playing since this game released and I used to fanboy over some of the items they are bringing back like dws and depraved. Now everyone can have them and it makes them feel worthless

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    283 Posts

“Bringing back” is a huge concept.
    People always write it off as making an item valueless which in reality is just plain stupidity.
    An item could be released in limited quantities.
    I have been browsing and checking these forums on the daily for a long time now, and every time i see someone mention bringing back old stuff the only reaction is”nono it will make an item valueless” which again is total bs.
    That heraldic mentioned is this thread is owned by maybe 2 or 3 still active players.
    Releasing this for example for a leaderboard or special type of contest in a limited quantity of for example 10 would not ruin anything, it will only keep the loop going actually gives the vanity value as people can encounter it.
    What im aiming at in short: i think old vanities or armors should be brought back but in very limited quantities.
    Im always open for constructive feedback or rational discussions

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Spooked For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Spooked View Post
    “Bringing back” is a huge concept.
    People always write it off as making an item valueless which in reality is just plain stupidity.
    An item could be released in limited quantities.
    I have been browsing and checking these forums on the daily for a long time now, and every time i see someone mention bringing back old stuff the only reaction is”nono it will make an item valueless” which again is total bs.
    That heraldic mentioned is this thread is owned by maybe 2 or 3 still active players.
    Releasing this for example for a leaderboard or special type of contest in a limited quantity of for example 10 would not ruin anything, it will only keep the loop going actually gives the vanity value as people can encounter it.
    What im aiming at in short: i think old vanities or armors should be brought back but in very limited quantities.
    Im always open for constructive feedback or rational discussions
    If released for only 10 pcs that will be so expensive reward because it will not affect much the current prices. thus the collectors would snag them instantly to keep the items at same pace. It is either releasing it profusely or just leave it alone and consider it as an artifact a merit to the veterans and for those rich enough who wants to have it in huge prices. It is not a necessary item to play, it's merely for embellishment purpose only to flex, no one would dare to flex a 500k worth vanity. just my 2 cents..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    474 Posts

Basically what I'm seeing this is "don't bring the an item back because I don't want everybody else to run in town with it".

Please explain to me what guarantees you guys or "collectors" had that when they bought this item it will not be available at some point in the near future cause I'm extremly confused.

The armor which I mentioned was an armor which was purchased with plats in the very early days of AL.

I can bet my life at this point that there aren't more than 4 people who own it that are still playing.

And there's another thing, there are so many vanities options which you can chose from and all I see is that this ITEM cannot be released in a vanity format due to your insecurities?

You should focus more on what you have and less what others have if there will be any kind of discussion or debate of what has to be released or not.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    129 Posts

Focusing on what you have or don’t have is the problem here, the players that don’t have want it in the simplest way possible via “Vanity Zavior”. The players that do have the items had to work extremely hard for said items. Dev’s have commented saying they are aware of the value of these items and do not wish to intervene due to the issues it will cause between players.

A main point that also needs to be addressed is when will it be enough? If sts does rerelease some items in limited quantities to try and maintain the value, will that truly satisfy everybody? I doubt it.

Everyone has seen what rereleasing items does to items, turning prized items into scrap in mere days, this is what we don’t want our collectables to fall victim to.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Speaking of rare items, while most likely many in here really hate Uller set being available as an event reward, to the contrary, i really want to get the set myself, been playing since day 1 and somehow I never got the set even though I always wanted it. (Can't really make a thread so im gonna ask here)

Can someone help me, or tell me how I can get/grind the set easily? I even got 110 plat to perhaps buy the pots for the event.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

+1

I would like to see it returned however not in a way most people would think.
    This vanity is rare however there was no guarantee that it would not be released again in the future.

I particularly like the look of this set and it would be a shame for it to be extinct. So if it were to be released don’t make it a purchasable vanity through tokens.

An idea would be maybe next year for the forgotten vanity event have a lb, the event would have to be redesigned a little. Top 5 players of each class would be rewarded with the vanity, making it extremely rare and requiring a lot and I mean a lot of effort.

This particular doesn’t devalue the item, yes any current owners may be upset but players who earn such a vanity would have to be through extreme competition of a lb event ensuring that it is given to players who are deserving.