Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Are event tokens really serving their purpose ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Default Are event tokens really serving their purpose ?

Much earlier this year during February to be precise some players suggested that a new currency be added to the game to make it more diverse and level the playing field to a certain extent so as to make things fair for the non platinum spenders of the DL community. To our surprise and delight we had event tokens introduced during the 8th anniversary of DL which was supposed to also mark a turning point in the way the market and commerce were operated since items from events would be only gotten by those who actually did participate in the events and they would be able to benefit fully from playing but fast forward two events after the introduction of the tokens and they've gone from what should have been a central event currency that would give the non platinum spenders/grinders a form of leverage to a mere replacement that now serves the purpose that gold served in past events where we had the option to purchase event items for either platinum or gold and this brings the question "are event tokens really serving the purpose for which they were originally introduced ?" Because personally I don't think they're serving that purpose anymore and it's back to the old ways of platinum being the currency that dominates everything . A lot of players are complaining that nothing is rare anymore but let's not quickly forget that the new pets which were originally for tokens ie buda and Chevy were brought back for platinum because some players begged for it to return simply because "they didn't have enough time to gather tokens for either of both pets" and then those pets which were supposed to signal a turning point came back for plat purchase. a similar issue occured during the blood drive event where the brakers book pet was available for both platinum and tokens purchase and to make matters worse the token version of it got nerfed rather than for its trade status to have been corrected which rendered all token versions effectively useless and once again this just goes to show that tokens haven't served their purpose because platinum is still made the chief currency to purchase tradeable event items rather than making them for tokens like the black satin and metallic gold beach sets which were for tokens and were tradeable . I hope you can take another look at this situation and hopefully take things back to the way they originally were where the only means of plat being spent in events was for buying token packs and that made a lot of sense while the event exclusive items were either droppable or could be bought in account bound versions for tokens (buda and Chevy when they made their debut) cause I mean tokens are pretty easy to farm now.
    Hopefully you can make things right on this cinco sir and I hope you can also give your take on this
    Peace love and positivity as always

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Evildantee For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Evildantee View Post
    Much earlier this year during February to be precise some players suggested that a new currency be added to the game to make it more diverse and level the playing field to a certain extent so as to make things fair for the non platinum spenders of the DL community. To our surprise and delight we had event tokens introduced during the 8th anniversary of DL which was supposed to also mark a turning point in the way the market and commerce were operated since items from events would be only gotten by those who actually did participate in the events and they would be able to benefit fully from playing but fast forward two events after the introduction of the tokens and they've gone from what should have been a central event currency that would give the non platinum spenders/grinders a form of leverage to a mere replacement that now serves the purpose that gold served in past events where we had the option to purchase event items for either platinum or gold and this brings the question "are event tokens really serving the purpose for which they were originally introduced ?" Because personally I don't think they're serving that purpose anymore and it's back to the old ways of platinum being the currency that dominates everything . A lot of players are complaining that nothing is rare anymore but let's not quickly forget that the new pets which were originally for tokens ie buda and Chevy were brought back for platinum because some players begged for it to return simply because "they didn't have enough time to gather tokens for either of both pets" and then those pets which were supposed to signal a turning point came back for plat purchase. a similar issue occured during the blood drive event where the brakers book pet was available for both platinum and tokens purchase and to make matters worse the token version of it got nerfed rather than for its trade status to have been corrected which rendered all token versions effectively useless and once again this just goes to show that tokens haven't served their purpose because platinum is still made the chief currency to purchase tradeable event items rather than making them for tokens like the black satin and metallic gold beach sets which were for tokens and were tradeable . I hope you can take another look at this situation and hopefully take things back to the way they originally were where the only means of plat being spent in events was for buying token packs and that made a lot of sense while the event exclusive items were either droppable or could be bought in account bound versions for tokens (buda and Chevy when they made their debut) cause I mean tokens are pretty easy to farm now.
    Hopefully you can make things right on this cinco sir and I hope you can also give your take on this
    Gosh how do you have this much time to be writing this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kiluax View Post

Honestly I don't even have to think much .it takes me at most 10 minutes to put down detailed articles like this addressing stuff that actually needs to be addressed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Basically it's all about bringing the situation to the same place it had been earlier. The points you have mentioned are logical and correct . So, it's better to EITHER make it gold purchase for non tradeable items and plats for tradeable items , OR make the token items ( non tradeable) just as worthy as the Platinum items ( tradeable) rather than nerfing it to prove platinum spending people are much needed in DL .
    Even we have spent platinum to buy things but now things seem different as if it's not the same as earlier and affects the newbie to a certain extent who don't know what and how it used to be before.
    And now we see that everything's coming back as a vendor sale to a certain extent so I don't have any idea regarding the economy of the old items which seemed to be precious at a certain time . Things have changed so it's a good opportunity for the newbies no offense .
    Hoping Cinco to see to the mild situation

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Sai View Post
    Basically it's all about bringing the situation to the same place it had been earlier. The points you have mentioned are logical and correct . So, it's better to EITHER make it gold purchase for non tradeable items and plats for tradeable items , OR make the token items ( non tradeable) just as worthy as the Platinum items ( tradeable) rather than nerfing it to prove platinum spending people are much needed in DL .
    Even we have spent platinum to buy things but now things seem different as if it's not the same as earlier and affects the newbie to a certain extent who don't know what and how it used to be before.
    And now we see that everything's coming back as a vendor sale to a certain extent so I don't have any idea regarding the economy of the old items which seemed to be precious at a certain time . Things have changed so it's a good opportunity for the newbies no offense .
    Hoping Cinco to see to the mild situation
    Or how about making tokens the central currency in events like it was originally supposed to be and make token purchased items tradeable rather than still bring platinum into the picture since that defeats the purpose of bringing tokens in the first place

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    75 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Evildantee View Post
    True, I absolutely agree with all the points you mentioned. It's like tokens are alternative of gold.

Although, I didn't liked where pets like (Buda and Chevy) came back for platinum purchase, it was token event vendor reward where I myself spend time to farm 7.5k tokens and bought buda pet lol. (That time we had first token event so tokens weren't easier comparing to blood of fel taras)

Anyways, that's now old, looking forward to next token events. I hope untill then things may get better/ balanced for "Token Currency"

#@ are event token serving their purpose

-Uptosts
    Last edited by Uptosts; 09-05-2020 at 07:03 AM.
    Guild:-Yrs Of Living Dangerously~Game Politics

8.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #7
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,150 Posts

Tokens don’t replace Platinum; they give you a way to get things that would otherwise cost gold. Their purpose is to let you keep your gold and they serve this function quite well.

| | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cinco For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Platinum exists in the picture to maintain the sales of those items in a way so that the game earns a revenue with it and coming to the tokens, it must either be removed from the picture or kept since it acts as gold only .
    During farming events, tokens are good as we will collect them easily and during events of any vendor like this ongoing now, gold is also alright but what I mean is, whether tradeable or non tradeable, I wish for the same quality of things which I purchase
    Or they can make another option where you may purchase with plats ( tradeable ) , gold ( non tradeable ) , tokens ( nerfed non tradeable item or for chests) and last ones the tier rewards and rank rewards.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    Tokens don’t replace Platinum; they give you a way to get things that would otherwise cost gold. Their purpose is to let you keep your gold and they serve this function quite well.

I get what you're saying sir but during the beach gauntlet event where they were introduced all items that made their debut in that event were for tokens ,the only plat items were the sanguine and cerulean sets and we all expected the same pattern in subsequent events but by the next events that is the blood drive and Tel feras sagas 1 and 2 we then had token sets made account bound which wasn't the case with the metallic swimsets that sold for 2.5k tokens per set so I'm not really sure anymore but me and my fellow players would rather that the pattern of the first event apply to all new events considering that tokens drop in small amounts in the event zone which makes it easier to get max tokens in a short period of time , also it would still benefit you because those who don't have enough tokens and are out of time would spend on token packs which wouldn't be the case if the new event stuff is readily available for platinum purchase
    P/s I suggest that this apply only to events that require tokens to be used
    Last edited by Evildantee; 09-05-2020 at 07:43 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post

Effects

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

That dude is annoying and I have blocked him on forum but now I still had to read his annoying stuff

Sent from my moto g(7) supra using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Warzone; 09-05-2020 at 08:40 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

What me ?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Platinum spenders think they are so much better then the rest of players who can't really afford to buy platinum like that which is why they also cry that stuff isn't rare and if the stuff come back they always saying make it for more plat cause they don't want the stuff to go down in price cause of greedyness. Like I don't understand ppl should be happy for other players for being able to get the good things also but no all u see is these players cry that there is nothing rare boo hoo and blah blah blah

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Warzone View Post
    Platinum spenders think they are so much better then the rest of players who can't really afford to buy platinum like that which is why they also cry that stuff isn't rare and if the stuff come back they always saying make it for more plat cause they don't want the stuff to go down in price cause of greedyness. Like I don't understand ppl should be happy for other players for being able to get the good things also but no all u see is these players cry that there is nothing rare boo hoo and blah blah blah

Lol facts

17. The Following User Says Thank You to kiluax For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

What me ?

No not you evildante and his annoying self

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Warzone View Post
    No not you evildante and his annoying self

I never mentioned you in the topic I discussed here and yet you came here to express hatred and dislike because you think I'm a plat spender lol. I'm very sure you didn't even read what I wrote there . Even if you don't like me try to be civil at least and don't try to deviate the focus of people reading this thread from the matter being discussed
    Peace.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Sai View Post
    Or they can make another option where you may purchase with plats ( tradeable ) , gold ( non tradeable ) , tokens ( nerfed non tradeable item or for chests) and last ones the tier rewards and rank rewards.
    1st we already have that system in place with plat and gold and 2 the whole reason why we have tokens is so people can save on gold. if I'm going run an event and collect all those tokens and find out that the token purchase is a nerfed version of the same item as the plat and gold purchase then there's literally zero point in collecting tokens

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Froststorm For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Froststorm View Post
    1st we already have that system in place with plat and gold and 2 the whole reason why we have tokens is so people can save on gold. if I'm going run an event and collect all those tokens and find out that the token purchase is a nerfed version of the same item as the plat and gold purchase then there's literally zero point in collecting tokens
    I wish it was still like before dl not getting updates anymore because I remember when plat sets was 50 plat at most then he come back with updates to plat set being 500 plat