Thread: Dark legends needs to move to discord

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

Default Dark legends needs to move to discord

HEWO EVERYONE UwU

today im gonna talk about the reason why dark legend players should choose discord over line

When comparing Line vs Discord, the Slant community recommends Discord for most people. In the question“What are the best messaging apps for Android?” Discord is ranked 13th while Line is ranked 22nd. The most important reason people chose Discord is:

Discord follows the same type of interface design popularised by Slack, which is extremely clean and attractive, and doesn't clutter the interface with unnecessary chrome and cruft.

DISCORD why is it the best

It supports video calls, voice chat, and text, allowing users to get in touch however they please. Discord is especially useful if you're trying to play PC games. The app makes chatting pretty easy, and offers search functions that can help you find other people and add them to a friends list for quick communication.

The Pros Of DISCORD

PRO User friendly 
    Discord follows the same type of interface design popularised by Slack, which is extremely clean and attractive, and doesn't clutter the interface with unnecessary chrome and cruft.

PRO Free for unlimited users
    Unlimited amount of users.

PRO Can be used in browser 
    Users can invite others to join a Discord channel via a web link, which means no installation is required to use the software - which is one of the big typical barriers to entry for social software.

PRO Good 1-click invite system
    Discord allows inviting people to a specific channel with a link. Links can be set to expire. Low effort/passive invite mechanics.

PRO Easy setup
    You can quickly send invites to people and they can join in using the web client without having to create an account or install the app.

PRO Open source bots and management tools
    Discord has a wide variety of bots for things from airhorn noises to automated server management, to leveling systems for chat. The bot API is open and there are dedicated sites for finding bots.

PRO Game integration 
    Discord shows which game each user is currently playing, which among other things helps users to form PUGs with minimal hassle.

PRO Has low-latency VoIP support 

PRO Android app has push notifications

PRO Familiar for Slack users
    For those that are used to the way Slack (a similar chat client) works, Discord will be familiar in its use, which lowers the learning curve quite a bit for those that have switched or tried Slack before.

PRO Syntax highlighting and Markdown support
    The support is limited but still exists. It's a killer feature for dev teams.

PRO Numerous controls for setting member roles.
    Deny access, Deny write message, Allow read messages etc.

PRO Low effort invite mechanics

PRO DDoS mitigation
    Discord prevents users from being DDoSed out of games.

PRO Targeting of roles
    Targeting roles allows for quickly requesting someone from a group e.g. artist, moderator, etc.

PRO Ability to thread channels
    Ability to create channel categories for channels to sit inside of.

PRO Ability to create bots
    Discord provides an API for creating custom bots.

PRO Friendly payment policy
    Free account have no tangible restrictions.
    Premium account is just a way to say "thank you" to developers. And it work for all servers of discord (not as in slack). And it can be purchased by one who wants. In contrast to Slask, where all active members of the server should be "premium".

PRO Language localization
    Have localization for many language, including Russian.

PRO Dark theme out of the box

PRO Does not allow NSFW related things to be posted unless in a NSFW channel
    PRO Supports video and text communication 
    Behaves and looks like Slack for regular text channels, but with the ability to create voice channels as well

in short stop using line its time to update to discord
    V Elite V Discord Server!
    !Click Here to Join!-----> https://discord.gg/hQHKx5cE47 <-----!Click Here to Join!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Deusagor View Post
    HEWO EVERYONE UwU

today im gonna talk about the reason why dark legend players should choose discord over line

When comparing Line vs Discord, the Slant community recommends Discord for most people. In the question“What are the best messaging apps for Android?” Discord is ranked 13th while Line is ranked 22nd. The most important reason people chose Discord is:

DISCORD why is it the best

It supports video calls, voice chat, and text, allowing users to get in touch however they please. Discord is especially useful if you're trying to play PC games. The app makes chatting pretty easy, and offers search functions that can help you find other people and add them to a friends list for quick communication.

The Pros Of DISCORD

PRO User friendly 

PRO Free for unlimited users
    Unlimited amount of users.

PRO Can be used in browser 
    Users can invite others to join a Discord channel via a web link, which means no installation is required to use the software - which is one of the big typical barriers to entry for social software.

PRO Good 1-click invite system
    Discord allows inviting people to a specific channel with a link. Links can be set to expire. Low effort/passive invite mechanics.

PRO Easy setup
    You can quickly send invites to people and they can join in using the web client without having to create an account or install the app.

PRO Open source bots and management tools
    Discord has a wide variety of bots for things from airhorn noises to automated server management, to leveling systems for chat. The bot API is open and there are dedicated sites for finding bots.

PRO Game integration 
    Discord shows which game each user is currently playing, which among other things helps users to form PUGs with minimal hassle.

PRO Has low-latency VoIP support 

PRO Android app has push notifications

PRO Familiar for Slack users
    For those that are used to the way Slack (a similar chat client) works, Discord will be familiar in its use, which lowers the learning curve quite a bit for those that have switched or tried Slack before.

PRO Syntax highlighting and Markdown support
    The support is limited but still exists. It's a killer feature for dev teams.

PRO Numerous controls for setting member roles.
    Deny access, Deny write message, Allow read messages etc.

PRO Low effort invite mechanics

PRO DDoS mitigation
    Discord prevents users from being DDoSed out of games.

PRO Targeting of roles
    Targeting roles allows for quickly requesting someone from a group e.g. artist, moderator, etc.

PRO Ability to thread channels
    Ability to create channel categories for channels to sit inside of.

PRO Ability to create bots
    Discord provides an API for creating custom bots.

PRO Friendly payment policy
    Free account have no tangible restrictions.
    Premium account is just a way to say "thank you" to developers. And it work for all servers of discord (not as in slack). And it can be purchased by one who wants. In contrast to Slask, where all active members of the server should be "premium".

PRO Language localization
    Have localization for many language, including Russian.

PRO Dark theme out of the box

PRO Does not allow NSFW related things to be posted unless in a NSFW channel
    PRO Supports video and text communication 
    Behaves and looks like Slack for regular text channels, but with the ability to create voice channels as well

in short stop using line its time to update to discord
    Hi Deusagor,
    Do we have a discord already? If so, I would love to join it or help you create one. Please get back to me and let me know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kinksenpai View Post
    Hi Deusagor,
    Do we have a discord already? If so, I would love to join it or help you create one. Please get back to me and let me know.

defi if you me and a few more team up we can try to make a discord server for all of Dark legends

its a good promotion everyone on one platform just like DL we can reach on another even if offline thats greaattt

let me know my replying back to me here and we can start later on
    !Click Here to Join!-----> https://discord.gg/hQHKx5cE47 <-----!Click Here to Join!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Did this ever happen? If not I can start one or help start one. I'm a leader on a 700+ member community on another site so I know how to moderate and maintain things plus I'm an artist and good at editing things so I could make custom emojis for the server like with pic edits from the game or whatver lol

I've personally never even used line.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Death Angel S-300 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

defi if you me and a few more team up we can try to make a discord server for all of Dark legends

its a good promotion everyone on one platform just like DL we can reach on another even if offline thats greaattt

let me know my replying back to me here and we can start later on
    Ready when you are! seems like someone else is also on board.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Death Angel S-300 View Post
    Did this ever happen? If not I can start one or help start one. I'm a leader on a 700+ member community on another site so I know how to moderate and maintain things plus I'm an artist and good at editing things so I could make custom emojis for the server like with pic edits from the game or whatver lol

I've personally never even used line.
    We should start one! I would love to get down and move everyone to one platform. Deu makes some very good points and I agree that discord would be a great place. We should assemble more people so we can make an actual channel for DL.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

im really sorry about the late reply kinda got tangled up in real life still am but lets begin

my id on discord is

XCrystalShadowX#6269

let me know yours as well then we can start building the discord channel for all of DL ^_-

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Deusagor For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

im really sorry about the late reply kinda got tangled up in real life still am but lets begin

my id on discord is

XCrystalShadowX#6269

let me know yours as well then we can start building the discord channel for all of DL ^_-
    Mine is Mama Raven#4973 ^-^