Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thoughts about Humania and the future

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    471 Posts

Just to clarify, nothing against STS s**t happens, but I just think its time to throw the towel with PL. Games do have to end eventually, and with a two year run, I think PL has done enough for a primarily mobile game. We still have SL and DL when it comes out.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,058 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ardon View Post
    It still baffles me that they are already releasing a third game. Especially for how small STS is. It's gonna be hard for them to have constant work on three games simultaneously.
    Yep I am actually a bot worried about upcoming releases (DL, SL Canpaigns, PL Campaigns) because monitoring and making new and interesting stuff as a not that large business is going to be a bit tricky.
    Last edited by dudetus; 03-12-2012 at 10:55 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RedRyder View Post
    Not buying it = you think they're lying. They have separate teams working on adding content for each game, so that shouldn't be the case

No, fn is in the same guild as me, and it was almost impossible to play through nuri's without elixirs until we hit the 60/61 cap. 1hit k.o's from one skeleton is too hard. 1xp per kill is too slow. It was as if they did it just to get us to buy elixirs
    Well... in my original post, maybe I misstated what I meant. I meant, I don't buy the band cap because:

1. These developers seem to be great and put out a great product (at times). I'd think this issue has been in their crosshairs for some time if it is indeed an issue.
    2. The other option, unfortunately, is that they are too swamped to deal with the problem.
    3. Then again, the problem may already be resolved and we don't know it yet.

Regarding Nuri's and Fang, we'll just have to agree to disagree I guess. I made it to about 50k for two of my toons before I started with elixirs (in Nuri's). I didn't think it was all that difficult. Of course, if you were running with a terrible group it could get very difficult. I guess that wasn't generally the case for me. I personally didn't think it was that much harder than AO3 or Sewers prior to endgame (other than the one hit kill combos of course).

What I found was that elixirs actually made it ridiculously easy, especially if all 5 were using it. It was obvious to me though that the intent of increasing the difficulty was to move people toward elixirs.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

I have faith that STS will resurrect PL back to its glory days, maybe not on Humania, but maybe the following update. Being a small company with limited resources, especially developers, I assume they have spent the past year concentrating on DL and maybe even SL, as opposed to PL.

Now that DL is set to be released, much of their workload has been offloaded and they can devote more time into developing new kickass campaigns with story lines that rival AO3. Developing new games and content is extremely difficult. Ask the folks at Blizzard. How long have they been working on Diablo 3, like 10 years? Yeah, it looks pretty good, but 10 years in the making good? STS has accomplished great things by releasing 2, maybe 3 if DL turns out well, great games in a relatively short time span.

Btw, I want the 2000 platinum purchase option back!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    471 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Noobified View Post
    I have faith that STS will resurrect PL back to its glory days, maybe not on Humania, but maybe the following update. Being a small company with limited resources, especially developers, I assume they have spent the past year concentrating on DL and maybe even SL, as opposed to PL.

Now that DL is set to be released, much of their workload has been offloaded and they can devote more time into developing new kickass campaigns with story lines that rival AO3. Developing new games and content is extremely difficult. Ask the folks at Blizzard. How long have they been working on Diablo 3, like 10 years? Yeah, it looks pretty good, but 10 years in the making good? STS has accomplished great things by releasing 2, maybe 3 if DL turns out well, great games in a relatively short time span.

Btw, I want the 2000 platinum purchase option back!
    I'm assuming you're new, so you're looking at this with fresh eyes. It sucks waiting a while for a campaign to have it pale in comparison to a previous update. You haven't bee disappointed yet.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Hey guys, we know you are looking for more fun with new stuff that rocks for Pocket Legends and we are working hard to bring that to you. I can't wait to show off what we have cooking. We still need to get DL out the door, but that time is nigh.

Thanks, as always, for your support!
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Samhayne For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

I'm assuming you're new, so you're looking at this with fresh eyes. It sucks waiting a while for a campaign to have it pale in comparison to a previous update. You haven't bee disappointed yet.
    Can't argue with you there.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

The reason PL has been bland and full of re-used content is merely because they r reaching the cap limit of memory. However android and apple will soon be increasing thier max amount of memory games can take up meaning no more recycled content soon. Only until recently when running through lost expidition did i realise sewers was also re-used content with the resemblance of the mage wands,staffs,the bear axes,and as for the recurves and crossbows of sewers there have been many crossbows/recurves with similar designs

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

You're right, I'm new, but I'm also looking at this through a resource and priority standpoint from STS' side rather than from a game player's perspective. However, with my limited experience in PL, I am beginning to understand the disappointment and frustration that the more veteran players are experiencing although I cannot put myself entirely in their shoes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

I'll be honest, I don't run sewers, or nuris because of the low drop rates. There is no reward to running them. Gold drops are poor, drop rates for items are even worse. And it's true, I don't go in those maps unless I'm helping someone level or to open up a set of maps. I've finished my quests there so there is nothing to draw me back to them. They are fun maps and I wouldn't mind going back but since I have terrible luck with drops. I have resigned myself to purchasing my gear. Which means gold. Therefore I go where the gold is.

I would really like to see quests for end game gear like cyber or mystery. I was so proud of my first set of mystery gear. Crafting it gave me a huge sense of accomplishment! But make them achievable in our life times. It's no good putting out the most innovative maps there has to be a reason for people to keep coming back to those maps. I still have fun in AO. I'd like to have the same level of fun in sewers and nuris.

I think Fang got it right when it came to crafting, with the single exception of the absurdly low drop rate for recipes. So wow us with new content, and tweak the drop rates a bit in sewers & nuris and I'll be a happy camper.
    IGN - LyrrLynn. Guild Master of Xplicit.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts

Not giving up I have been disappointed, sure, but that doesn't stop me from wanting to play the levels or wanting to see what comes next. I'm not a veteran, but I have played for a long time and I just wanted to say that this old non-veteran still plays because I think PL is fun.

Proud Member of Eclipse
    PL: Rocshana[main, lvl 75]
    AL: Roc [warrior] with my trusty puppy Crescent

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

In my opinion, let's just wait and see. Speculations are good as it helps in building up hype. It's no secret that STS would release different types of games for different type of players (I think Cinco mentioned something to this effect earlier), it's part of their "promise" to their customers, so to the guy who's baffled why STS is releasing a new game (Dark Legends) when two others aren't "perfected" yet, don't worry, that was all part of the plan from the start. It's premature to say the game has reached its "golden" days because the entire picture hasn't been drawn yet, I'll wait 'till "all" the contents are released (or when the game actually comes to a halt) then that's the time I'll assess, for now, I'll keep my judgment to myself and write it in pencil. Sure, there will be technological limits to a game but it can be expanded, it has been done by other games who started off a little "slow" and later on "boomed" in content or released a game sequel with more powerful server limits, it's a matter of business standpoint, who knows, they might be actually saving the best for last. Even in other popular games, there are expansions that sucked...but they were able to rebound with a better one. It's just the half time of the ballgame my fellow Alterrans, don't count them out just yet, you might end up eating crows. It's common knowledge that players lose interest playing a game, that's natural, there will be new ones that will think the game is omgftwawesomesauce and the old ones will think the opposite, that's the cycle of things, as long as STS-PL keeps on releasing new campaigns with new content (even if not breakthrough expansions), I think PL will still maintain the natural flow of "new" players and the inevitable exit of "older" players. Just my 2 cents.
    Last edited by zeusabe; 03-12-2012 at 11:06 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

My opinion: AO3 is a brilliant end game campaign that makes the levels after it feel like DLCs... basically its almost as if AO3 should have been kept last, if that makes any sense...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

To add my two cents trying to counter the negativism.

I look at it arguing from a diverse player base. Most people posting here, especially the 'old guard' veterans are more or less 'hard core' players. These players strive to reach the cap as soon as possible, merchant actively, want to be good at PvP and thus 'need' the best gear available.

I think the vast majority of PL players however is more casually inclined (If I look at my 'friends list' from the beginning, theres plenty ppl who leveled up only to about lvl 20-30 while I am languishing at 66 for some time now...) and do not have these 'issues'. If you are lucky to get in a couple hours per week of playing, then level caps, the best gear, amassing millions in gold etc. are not goals that they pursue. Most of these people will be happy with how things fare as long as the story line and the quests are interesting and fresh.

The only real issue for these people is the recycling of content. That is something everyone gets to deal with sooner or later. On the other hand, if your leveling is that slow, you may not really realise all the things that have been recycled at all...

Just check out how busy Forest Haven areas are. Theres plenty new blood coming online. Not all veterans of MMO's either (myself, I never played in an MMO either, my experience with RPG's on the computer are the infamous 'gold boxes' from SSI (yeah, I'm THAT old...)), and plenty of ppl just having fun making friends online and doing a bit of PvE questing.

Not trying to say that the complaints voiced here are baseless or whining (most points mentioned are true and valid or simply the way a person experiences the game), just that from the overall player base and the businessmodel of STS's point of view, are very likely a small (if vocal) minority and therefore will not sway the decisions of an company catering to many hundreds of thousands of players, most of whom are probably happily playing the game, spending money on plat etc.

Speaking for myself, I still have plenty to do. Leveling alts (trying to get my Bird to cap). Trying out new builds. Trying to complete all my quests (still need to do the cyber quest for my main). I'm not richt yet, so amassing gold is still something I am doing. Merchanting is still relatively new to me (I struck gold twice with way underpriced sanguine equipment, and now I'm more actively exploring that route of amassing wealth). I have never really yet tried my hand at PvP. Just helping out noobs with advice and free gear (I amassed so many purples and pinks during the snowball/yeti pelt quests that selling them through CS just takes too much time, liquidating provides too little cash, so I decided to just hand out stuff to other players). There is so much rewarding stuff to do in this game...

Thanks STS for providing us this great game! I am looking forward to the new cap and look forward to see the whole roadmap develop all the way to 100 and beyond...

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Whisper72 For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    299 Posts

What sam replied made me happy again.cant wait to see the future!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zeusabe:589600

that was all part of the plan from the start.

It's premature to say the game has reached its "golden" days because the entire picture hasn't been drawn yet,

it's a matter of business standpoint,

It's just the half time of the ballgame my fellow Alterrans, don't count them out just yet, you might end up eating crow.

It's common knowledge that players lose interest playing a game.....and the old ones will think the opposite, that's the cycle of things,

as long as STS-PL keeps on releasing new campaigns with new content (even if not breakthrough expansions), I think PL will still maintain the natural flow of "new" players and the inevitable exit of "older" players.
    100% accurate!!!

Just cause some players leave a game, doesn't mean there is anything wrong with the game. Someone who has been playing for two years is most likely the one to leave a game than someone who hasn't been playing as long.

WoW lost 2 million subscribers last year. Does that mean that WoW is a bad game? Ummmm..... No, it does not prove that at all.

It cracks me up everytime I see some oldie complaining about how Nuri's and Fang is hard. Saying that STS made them hard to promote elixirs. Cracks me up!! Every video game the levels get harder. It's called level ramping. I agree with the others who say you can play both those campaigns WITHOUT elixirs. I agree with others who say it's a lot more fun to play both those campaigns WITH elixirs.

I hope no one actually wants higher campaigns to be easier than lower campaigns.

And all f2p games structure their games to encourage in-app purchase. That is obvious. That is natural. That is perfect. What it is NOT is evil or greedy.
    Last edited by Aikiebo; 03-13-2012 at 10:30 AM.
    "How Wude! Mesa your humble Servant."
    "You can argue with me, but you can't aruge with the math." Foghorn Leghorn, 20th Century American Philospher