Thread: 'Gold Sink' idea

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

Lightbulb 'Gold Sink' idea

EVENT ENERGY KITS

It’s an item that gets used in massive amounts during events, especially leaderboard events. The idea is to scrap tradeable event energy kits for platinum and introduce them in non-tradeable, use-only single pieces and stacks from event NPC or the store that would only have validity for the duration of the event. Let’s put a price tag of 50k/per piece for the sake of this discussion. Before jumping to any conclusions and over-reacting just try to understand this from the perspective of a gold sink.

Pros:

Gold sink in the real sense: There would be no movement of gold from Player A to Player B. Gold used to purchase these kits will just be lost for good.

Popularity: For people running a leaderboard event, event kits are one of the most used items, so imagine the amount of gold that will get sunk if this were to be. It would in the least sink an approx amount of 100m each from at least 30 players running for top 10. Also having them available for cost-friendly rates would only encourage more to be bought and used even if you are not running for leaderboard.

Time-saving: If it were to happen, energy kits would be available at a click-away, no more having to go through the hassle of finding sellers who sell energy in bulk.

Cons:

Energy kit merchants: Loss of one avenue for merchants for plat-to-gold conversion.

STS: Loss of one avenue of making money from plat purchases used to buy those kits.

Plat users would still have crate keys, limited edition event store vanities, pet eggs, elite awakening gems, elixirs (both event and non-event specific) for their plat-to-gold conversion. But if it makes anybody unhappy, the middle ground is to have such a mechanism for every alternate event. This implies: one event with tradeable kits (with plat) will be followed by the next event with limited validity non-tradeable kits (with gold) and repeat.

SIR SPENDSALOT UPDATE:

10k chests: Those chests could use an update with three more fresh weapon vanities, something enticing enough to make us gamble for them.

Bound vanity: The highest so far is 25m in bound vanity, it could use some new ones for maybe 50m, 100m, and 150m. A one-time gold sink but a gold sink nevertheless. Also has to be enticing enough for people to want to buy them.

I just thought this would make for a great gold sink. All we ever talk about is buff and nerf gold loot, but never really about effective gold sinks measures. Any feedback is appreciated as long as it is constructive.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bundlos For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts

+1 to this idea and another upvote to the event energy kit idea. Spare a few pure farmers, most top 10 lb runners blow hella gold on kits either way, so I don't see why a gold sink shouldn't be made out of it. As for the plat-gold conversion part, tradable kits will still sell in cs.
    We've been sittin' here, you and I, like a couple of regular fellas.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

+1 to the event gold sink idea. Interesting & thoroughly thought out idea to sink gold tho it might be a bit controversial/hard to implement.

Here's my reasoning:
    1. I doubt sts would choose to lose a great avenue source of income from energy kits even if it's for alternate events. I personally don't think compromising this is good for sts long term business profit which is itself very event based and will likely slash their annual business profit into half assuming sts remains a relatively same amount of production costs/capacity/workers per year(i.e. a relatively capped X number of events per year). People might protest and demand for more free energy event in future events the moment this got implemented once.
    2. If event runners can get it from store directly for 50k, event kits from plat players will likely drop to 30k-40k each (that's about 600k-700k per 100 plat which is far less than what they can convert from a 30 plat Hotbar alone priced at 600k-700k each) Even if plat energy kits is sold for 50k each, its 1m per 100 plat - still far less than the equivalent Hotbars conversion. This will disincentivize a rather significant amount of plat players to buy the energy kits which is the fastest plat to gold converting avenue during energy events. Suggestion is to make it a little higher like somewhere around 70k - 100k.

You might ask if the ones from store is priced at 70k-100k, wouldn't this completely dismantle the idea to sink the gold through store and instead circulate this gold to plat players when event runners chooses to buy from the cheaper energy kits from plat players?

Here's a little tweak to this gold sink idea without upsetting plat players while maintaining the purpose of sinking gold (basically giving some fair balance):

As an alternative, sts can make
    I. Plat energy kits only available & limited for the first week and
    II. Store event kits available directly for gold only during the second week.

This way, the supply of energy kits available from plat players will be limited in the sense that people will be forced to buy more energy kits to stock up from the first week, solving the problem for sts income from energy kits while at the same time, however much event runners store these plat available energy kits, event runners will always need more than they predicted especially for LB runners when they are competing for top 50 or top 10 LB making it an effective gold sink during the second week of every energy event.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by Analytical; 09-08-2020 at 09:51 AM. Reason: Corrections

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Analytical For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

+1 for gold sink and the spendsalot change. Also, I was thinking maybe adding a golden pet (maybe worth 2.5m or 5m) to the spendsalot 10k chests would probably make people more excited.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts

Lol I'm losing millions here without gold sink and already ppl making new ideas to sink gold XD
    Rip me.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gamegrog View Post
    Lol I'm losing millions here without gold sink and already ppl making new ideas to sink gold XD
    Rip me.

Would you happily sink your gold if you know you are gonna make more gold out of it?

For example
    1. Buying lots of awake gems for 10k each, keeping it for some time, awakening clean gears and resell full awaken gears for more after the awake event.
    2. In the case of energy event gold sink, getting to plat tier faster so that you can loot profitable event specific items/buy event items with tokens earlier (depends on event)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Energy is a plat generator they wont sacrifice that

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

The recent Arcanite field event was already a good gold sink. Except awakening gems, prices of everything dropped and is still dropping. People spent their gold in buying and hoarding arcane armors. And I do agree we need new updated vanities in sir spendsalot to gamble our gold

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pinklips View Post
    The recent Arcanite field event was already a good gold sink. Except awakening gems, prices of everything dropped and is still dropping. People spent their gold in buying and hoarding arcane armors. And I do agree we need new updated vanities in sir spendsalot to gamble our gold
    You got a point, the event helped to reduce overall RATE of market inflation as people who have excess gold no longer flip all the same stuff especially on existing(older) vanities unlike before the event, so prices for some items drop and some rise, stabilising the AL economy.

A minor misunderstanding is when you mentioned gold sink.

The total gold in game is still relatively same before arcanite event and after arcanite event, and strictly speaking even more gold has been added as event drops gold piles of 1k-10k as well from event mobs and boss. This is if we assume no one farms evg during the arcanite event and hypothetically comparing the before and after of arcanite event.

So the short answer is no, the event did not sink any gold at all. No gold has been sent to the void, only gold distribution happens likely from relatively richer players to poorer players.

As soon as the people who hoarded 76 arcane gears sell off their gears, the excess gold will be back to the market to create demand for items causing another wave of price rise on items such as older, desirable vanities especially. This applies for eggsavier event too. Unless these group of hoarders continue to hoard NEW items(new vanities) that's being supplied to the game through new events, old items may experience a slowed down inflation in the short term only to come back again rising at a much faster rate in the future.

Bottom line is the excess gold can only be effectively dealt with through legitimate gold sinks like awake event where you send the gold into the void to buy awake gems for 10k each in store and this does not involve the transfering of gold from player A to player B.

This is what the OP is discussing about in her thread.
    Last edited by Analytical; 09-08-2020 at 05:09 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

+1 Whatever Kind Of Gold sink it is, We Need One right now

Sent from my CPH1909 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    165 Posts

This will never happen(energy kits part). Im saying this bluntly because there are much better ways(and more realistic) to sink gold, like new Spendsalot items as you mentioned.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PostNoob View Post
    This will never happen(energy kits part). Im saying this bluntly because there are much better ways(and more realistic) to sink gold, like new Spendsalot items as you mentioned.
    A bit shocked to see this given your past record of constructive replies to quite a handful of threads. Besides it's an insult to people in this thread including the OP herself who have spent the time to dissect the problems/issues that may arise constructively.

As the OP stated, constructive feedbacks are welcomed not a blunt one. Kindly defend your position of HOW does "much better ways"(awake event etc) CONFLICT with an "alternative way" (energy gold sink).

Can't wait to hear your take (:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Analytical View Post
    Would you happily sink your gold if you know you are gonna make more gold out of it?

For example
    1. Buying lots of awake gems for 10k each, keeping it for some time, awakening clean gears and resell full awaken gears for more after the awake event.
    2. In the case of energy event gold sink, getting to plat tier faster so that you can loot profitable event specific items/buy event items with tokens earlier (depends on event)
    Ye I like that

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

My idea is that Sir Spendalot has a material crate you buy with gold. You then use these materials to craft vanities. Obtaining these vanities should cost around 10m-25m, which goes into crate opening and purchasing materials in auction. 10m-25m seems to be the sweet spot that people are willing to sink gold into. Only the richest of players, which is a very miniscule group of people, will be willing to sink gold into the 50m or 100m vanities all in one go. Since this is a very small group of people, this won't really reduce the impact of inflation. It's better if you have a gold sink that takes gold over time since it's cheaper on the short term, but expensive on the long-term because it allows more people to sink their gold. The more people that sink their gold, the more inflation gets reduced.
    Last edited by Kaziscate; 09-10-2020 at 11:47 AM.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Kaziscate For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

+1 prices of stuff are getting waaayy too high from all the booty events and all that

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

+1 I like the sir spends a lot idea, bout time we received new vanities from him.