Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Shadow Pierce is Bugged. Failure on Tap

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Default Shadow Pierce is Bugged. Failure on Tap

Hello,

I just wanted to demonstrate that Shadow Piercer is bugged. It has been bugged for quite a while but looks like the problem has gotten worse. I can replicate it quite easily and it occurs quite often as a result.

Essentially, what occurs is right after released a skill, like aimed shot, if you tap Shadow Piercer too quickly, then you can cause the skill to fail. This is replicated on both PC and Mobile platforms.

Please look through the short video as a demonstration:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imoA...ature=youtu.be
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Hello,

I just wanted to demonstrate that Shadow Piercer is bugged. It has been bugged for quite a while but looks like the problem has gotten worse. I can replicate it quite easily and it occurs quite often as a result.

Essentially, what occurs is right after released a skill, like aimed shot, if you tap Shadow Piercer too quickly, then you can cause the skill to fail. This is replicated on both PC and Mobile platforms.

Please look through the short video as a demonstration:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imoA...ature=youtu.be
    bump

Sent from my RMX2040 using Tapatalk

4.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #3
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,885 Posts

Do not bump posts here.

We'll take a look when there's time, but I suspect this is just the normal case of attempting to use a skill when it isn't ready yet. There's only a brief timespan where it will be queued rather than dropped.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Futumsh For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Futumsh View Post
    Do not bump posts here.

We'll take a look when there's time, but I suspect this is just the normal case of attempting to use a skill when it isn't ready yet. There's only a brief timespan where it will be queued rather than dropped.
    It enters into cooldown though, so the skill registers. It doesn't occur on higher ping locations, but those with low ping experience it pretty often. Thanks for looking into it when possible!

7.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #5
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,885 Posts

This has been investigated.

Charged shadow piercer has a 1 second global cooldown to it.

The system does not directly support different cooldowns for charged vs not, so depending on your latency, it can appear that other skills are usable earlier than they should be.

We've added changing that to work more smoothly to our list for a future app update.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Futumsh For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Futumsh View Post
    This has been investigated.

Charged shadow piercer has a 1 second global cooldown to it.

The system does not directly support different cooldowns for charged vs not, so depending on your latency, it can appear that other skills are usable earlier than they should be.

We've added changing that to work more smoothly to our list for a future app update.
    I don't charge Shadow Piercer, I tap it. I charge the Aimed Shot and then attempt to tap Shadow Pierce. Thank you for looking into it though, you guys are awesome. It's one of those bugs that can be pretty frustrating when it occurs often.

10.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #7
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,885 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    I don't charge Shadow Piercer, I tap it. I charge the Aimed Shot and then attempt to tap Shadow Pierce. Thank you for looking into it though, you guys are awesome. It's one of those bugs that can be pretty frustrating when it occurs often.
    Will pass it along, didn't look into this myself.

11.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #8
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,475 Posts

I have been unable to reproduce this on any platform.

In the screenshot, I noticed you're playing on web. Does it also happen on device?

Additionally, what's your skill configuration? I assume you're maxed out on both skills and their masteries?

-ALS
    Last edited by asommers; 10-07-2020 at 12:14 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by asommers View Post
    I have been unable to reproduce this on any platform.

In the screenshot, I noticed you're playing on web. Does it also happen on device?

Additionally, what's your skill configuration? I assume you're maxed out on both skills and their masteries?

-ALS
    Hey asommers,

I am using the web client. However, it does happen on any device, people I've spoke to have had it happen on mobile too. My skill configuration is 2/5 on Shadow Pierce with the Heal upgrade and 5/5 on Aimed Shot with both masteries maxed. I'm pretty sure the masteries and skill configuration do not link with it, as I've had it happen on various other builds as well. However, you guys will know better than me as you have a better view from your end than I do.

I think it's more of an issue with players that have a low ping. I started noticing this issue when ping was in the double digits, around 70 or below. When I was in California, with higher ping, this issue never occurred. So, I'm not sure if you are going to able to reproduce in Texas without having ping go lower. I believe Texas has around 150ish ping stable, correct?

One other player that has this issue is Filcofanclub and he's a mobile user with similar ping as mine. He has been able to verify that it occurs with him as well.

13.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #10
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,475 Posts

Looks like my ping is about 100 connecting to the live servers and substantially lower (30) on my development machine. In trying to reproduce, I have a 71 rogue w/ maxed aimed shot, shadow piercer, and maxed masteries for both. I charge aimed shot (slot 2) and then immediately upon release, spam shadow piercer (slot 1). What I witness every time is aimed shot firing and then my character sliding (charging) forward assuming I have enough mana for both. If I didn't have enough mana for both, I don't see my character sliding forward (which is what I expect since the skill wasn't cast).

From the video, if shadow piercer is indeed in cooldown, I wonder if the skill was somehow is cancelled immediately after it was cast. Were you spamming shadow piercer after aimed shot or was it a release and single press?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts

Heya,
    I play on mobile. While this issue doesn't appear to me nearly as often as it seems to occur with Zeus, it seems like the pierce is activated, but it auto cancels before showing on screen and still enters cooldown. My ping recently has been 100+, but at the time of this issue I was 30-50 ping stable. It kinda appears like a defense against macros?

P.S. Thank you guys for looking into it even though it seems to be a problem that only affects a small part of the community
    Last edited by CouchPass; 10-07-2020 at 08:53 PM.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to CouchPass For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CouchPass View Post
    Heya,
    I play on mobile. While this issue doesn't appear to me nearly as often as it seems to occur with Zeus, it seems like the pierce is activated, but it auto cancels before showing on screen and still enters cooldown. My ping recently has been 100+, but at the time of this issue I was 30-50 ping stable. It kinda appears like a defense against macros?

P.S. Thank you guys for looking into it even though it seems to be a problem that only affects a small part of the community
    It doesn't happen that often, I just know how to force it.

@asommers
    It occurs when you rapidly press shadow piercer after aimed shot. You have to press it EXTREMELY quickly. Either 1 of two things will happen then, either shadow pierce will not work (skill won't enter cooldown or activate) or it will register but failed as I just showed.

If it's such a minute issue then no worries. I do know how to work around it, I just slow myself down a little.