Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Bring back the Run and Gun

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Default Bring back the Run and Gun

One of my favorite things to do is load up my trusty Rloxx on my bear and head to the lower levels for some monster zapping. I find it a lot of fun to run through the levels blasting mobs with newbs in tow and now I can't do that because of the new turn to face the enemy 'enhancement'. It has changed from a fluid killing spree to a frustrating spaz fest. I am asking to please return it to how it was or at least provide a reason for the change other then 'realism'. Thanks!

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

2.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #2
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Hey Fluffnstuff,

Thanks for taking the time to write with your feedback.

Anyone else have any thoughts on the new turn to face the enemy functionality?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

I don't really think if this is related much Sam, but when they screen zooms into an enemy, you can't hit attack or potions, and when it's a good boss, it can lead to a death! Just kinda annoying

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I kinda like it, as kiting should always require use of roots/snares to aid, otherwise it's overpowered.

If the change had to be discarded, I'd say at least increase enemy run-speed a tiny bit, otherwise they never catch you. If you up their run-speed, remove the stun effect on attacks so you don't get the rubber banding.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    Hey Fluffnstuff,

Thanks for taking the time to write with your feedback.

Anyone else have any thoughts on the new turn to face the enemy functionality?
    Not really diggin' it. Like Fluff already stated, it's a ton of fun to run n' gun in one fluid motion. The jerkiness is just akward, and it makes it nearly impossible to kite.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

i personally like the turn to face enemy functionality... its realistic and more challenging as i have noticed with my new archer that i started last nite
    Smokestar - Lvl 77 Pure Dex Bird
    FAMILY NOOBSFORLIFE

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Anything that makes this game more jerky/rubber bandy in my eyes is a bad thing, so I'd say remove the turn and shoot mechanic, remove the root effect on enemy attacks and up their run-speed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bmc85uk View Post
    Anything that makes this game more jerky/rubber bandy in my eyes is a bad thing, so I'd say remove the turn and shoot mechanic, remove the root effect on enemy attacks and up their run-speed.
    Also, melée players have no problem catching up to ranged players now(PvP), even without the use of beckon.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Personally I agree with the OP. I like being fluid as a ranged dps and I think that other options should be tinkered with if you think ranged are "overpowered".
    Give us an option to respec via Gold
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...910-Respecage.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

remember the good old days when u could kite a lesser djinn and escape unscathed? no u cant. not liking it soirry
    Renumoth damage pot spamming, 91 dodge, sexy shiv bear
    Tjornan super ultra pink carrying, rich pally Mokugoja Pretty lame twink really
    Phoenix Guild. Rising From the Ashes
    "Im here to kick butt and drink milk. and i just finished my milk...." - ME

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

How would everyone feel about enemies with slightly higher runspeed than the player, but no 'root' effect on their attacks (although some attacks don't 'stun' the player like others do), kiting would be down to skill management, using knockback, root, stun and snare wisely.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

How would everyone feel about enemies with slightly higher runspeed than the player, but no 'root' effect on their attacks (although some attacks don't 'stun' the player like others do), kiting would be down to skill management, using knockback, root, stun and snare wisely.
    I WHOLEHEARTEDLY agree. Lag is bad enough. Walking and then finding yourself 3 steps back because you were actually stunned, over, and over, and over, and over, and over, over again. It's annoying. Sometimes I can't even move forward while spamming my beckon and stomp...
    Kavanah: "Cinco, would you rather be in a Norma Jean or As I Lay Dying mosh pit?"
    Cinco: "Norma Jean, in that case /mosh"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I understand why you guys did this but how about
    a different execution? Reduce run speed when auto attack is on. Maybe 2/3 normal speed? I know people might still complain about the functionality. For example the comment on lesser djinns, but at least it won't look and feel jerky this way and is more "realistic".

To the comment about djinn, good thing every race has a knockback skill

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

I say try it out and see if you can grow into the coat first
    My Name is Vulgarstrike, SilentCries, Ordinary, Attractive, Investment
    Quote Originally Posted by Redbridge View Post
    you should be able to have some fun
    Quote Originally Posted by DawnInfinity View Post
    Ahhhhhh

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vulgarstrike View Post
    I say try it out and see if you can grow into the coat first
    But the coat is wool, and I am allergic to wool, which makes it very aggravating. I feel like it takes the all the fun out of slumming in the lower levels, which used to be great way relax.

HunnySniper - HunnyStorm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by haroldiv View Post
    Reduce run speed when auto attack is on. Maybe 2/3 normal speed? I know people might still complain about the functionality. For example the comment on lesser djinns, but at least it won't look and feel jerky this way and is more "realistic".

To the comment about djinn, good thing every race has a knockback skill
    I think that's a damn good idea, just how much it should reduce runspeed needs a little testing, I don't think it should be drastically slower, just enough so that enemies will catch up to you despite the way they stop due to pathing. With your method, you could still run away if needed, in PvP, to catch someone kiting you, you'd just need to stop the autoattacking; it's a nice balance.

I still think the stun effect should be removed from all enemy auto-attacks in PvE, enemies should use things like stun/freeze/root or snare to catch players - and if you blow them out of range and run, that all part of the skill of making cho-cho's :-)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

I think that's a damn good idea, just how much it should reduce runspeed needs a little testing, I don't think it should be drastically slower, just enough so that enemies will catch up to you despite the way they stop due to pathing. With your method, you could still run away if needed, in PvP, to catch someone kiting you, you'd just need to stop the autoattacking; it's a nice balance.

I still think the stun effect should be removed from all enemy auto-attacks in PvE, enemies should use things like stun/freeze/root or snare to catch players - and if you blow them out of range and run, that all part of the skill of making cho-cho's :-)
    This would solve my issues. It is more about a relaxing shoot through, and if I was moving a little slower, I would be cool with that. But the question is when does the slow down happen? If it is between attacking enemies it could still cause a jerk.

HunnySniper - HunnyStorm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It would slow you down when you were attacking, maybe each attack could slow you down for slightly more than your weapon delay, so that people not using auto attack would get a smooth slow down.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

would just slow you with auto attack on. not only would that be fair it would make not using auto attack an advantage where it has none right now. yes people could still kit but at the major risk of thumb damage lol. idk just ideas.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

so this is why its so hard to run through ao2 now, no wonder my character keeps spinning around.

i personaly think the devs should change all the weapon artwork and design back to the way it used to be, was it honestly necessary to change the look of all the weapons?