Thread: unfair ways by which ranked honor pvp is being played.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Default unfair ways by which ranked honor pvp is being played.

1. quitting/leaving match and rejoining after sometime.

This exploitative technique is being used by some players on a regular basis for match disruption when they are about to die/respawn. This not only halts the normal flow of the gameplay but also gives an advantage of scoring by foul means against the winning side. i truly feel that if there was some kind of penalty like -3 point deduction to the side from which the quitting/rejoining happens then it might serve as a solution.

2. The use of alt lvl 76 characters to feed/lose a couple of matches purposefully for maintaining the leaderboard rank of their main 76 character.

I wont be mentioning any names however i know two players who has alt high levels and they use those to purposefully feed the opposite sides by playing foul in a ranked match. I believe they do this to maintain the rank of their main character on leaderboard by dropping rank points of others, whose characters are of the same class as their main.

Here is how it works:

player A:

main:- mage 76 (lb ranked)
    alt:- warrior 76(unranked)

player A uses his alt warrior to queue up for a ranked match. while successfully joining a match, player A feeds his team to the opposite side by playing foul like not using heal or being afk for a short amount of time (3 seconds approx). By doing this he lowers the rank of players who were playing with a character of the same class as his main (mage for example). Now he doesn't have to play with his mage(lb ranked) anymore, thus avoiding the risk of point deduction in his main.

At first i was reluctant to make a thread regarding this but now i feel it should be shared.
    thanks.
    Last edited by Stellarstorm; 09-15-2020 at 01:38 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Stellarstorm View Post
    1. quitting/leaving match and rejoining after sometime.

This exploitative technique is being used by some players on a regular basis for match disruption when they are about to die/respawn. This not only halts the normal flow of the gameplay but also gives an advantage of scoring by foul means against the winning side. i truly feel that if there was some kind of penalty like -3 point deduction to the side from which the quitting/rejoining happens then it might serve as a solution.

2. The use of alt lvl 76 characters to feed/lose a couple of matches purposefully for maintaining the leaderboard rank of their main 76 character.

I wont be mentioning any names however i know two players who has alt high levels and they use those to purposefully feed the opposite sides by playing foul in a ranked match. I believe they do this to maintain the rank of their main character on leaderboard by dropping rank points of others, whose characters are of the same class as their main.

Here is how it works:

player A:

main:- mage 76 (lb ranked)
    alt:- warrior 76(unranked)

player A uses his alt warrior to queue up for a ranked match. while successfully joining a match, player A feeds his team to the opposite side by playing foul like not using heal or being afk for a short amount of time (3 seconds approx). By doing this he lowers the rank of players who were playing with a character of the same class as his main (mage for example). Now he doesn't have to play with his mage(lb ranked) anymore, thus avoiding the risk of point deduction in his main.

At first i was reluctant to make a thread regarding this but now i feel it should be shared.
    thanks.
    I agree

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    129 Posts

It's not just honor PvP. I lost 4 matches in a row when one or both players in my side got dummy farmed. Would not leave or fight. In regular ranked I found out most players can be stuck with unranked players. So dummy farming is easy is regular ranked. I haven't even tried to que unless my friends ask me too and thankfully no matches so far. It's depressing when I see the good PvP players on one side and I'm stuck with one or two dummies. What's the point of going in when faced with those odds? Similarly, I don't want my friends in that position either. If I have 3 real PvP types and they do not it's no fun. I really enjoyed ranked for a while but now it's being manipulated and no fun. If I want to get ganged and blocked I can fight purge in regular pvp. No need to enter que.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to capeo For This Useful Post: