Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Old is GOLD : The story

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Red face Old is GOLD : The story

So I was making a reply that meant to be 2 line but then I thought it's getting long and interesting also I need attention lots attention so I making this thread.

Although it's not for the quotes but for the generalized view.
    Quote Originally Posted by Golem View Post
    They bring many recolored and items as vanitys back and price of og ones still rising so stop sharing false info here thanks xD
    Sry no time to read this cus ik what am talking about...
    Old items seems attractive only because they old and rare not because they looks good and this is time proven / time tested. Exactly this is what I said when bit long ago when someone saying volcano hat looks sooo good, I said that only looks attractive when you look at this someone rich's head and all those circumstances tricks you think that it's so good. Human nature u know, sometimes I think im not human? Well jokes.

Volcano hat was called very ugly when it was released, and the complain was so high on forums that they changed the cap reward vanity absolutely and people were happy, time passed and now the new vanity is considered as good as the vanities from daily blessings? and that so called ugly vanity is tricks us think it's amazing yay finally talked like human

Exact same thing happened with human face only other than that they were not changed. Mage human face was trolled most, also cuz mage has been one popular class in pl can't even call them op now, I don't know if they gonna get angry like in the past (eh hate forums don't have joy tears emojies, I love em) blah

So they were trolled and meme was made so funny that even if i look today I'd laugh same way I do. Teddy face was trolled, bird face was least trolled but still don't take like good one, rather least ugly face among em.

So many ppl actually changed em to classic face, fair enough. Again time passed and again the saying is getting true which we say "old is gold" is it? oh I don't know I'm not human? but I've human face surprisingly.

BD oh smexxy BD, I'd say RD is 10x smexxier than BD and would look 10x smexxier to humans only if the source of BD & RD was interchanged. Nevermind it's still available to posses can be something inspiring to set it as goal which can be interesting way to look forward as motivation to play & enjoy the goal once achieved? so take it like this u make ur own quest to earn that much gold to buy that wow one hand made quest I just made for ya.

====================
    Now since the "old is gold" perspective is over or is it? we come to the other aspect as if it can provide any value to players.
    Alterra is filled with BD, everyone is walking with it then none walking with it because it stays in the pocket not as wearing, in the pocket in the stash in the inventory AND in the CS @5m also in the players quick chat "buy my BD @5m or trade for zeke + I add gold"

Well that's a nice story I know, A nice story of Something getting devalued for everyone for nothing, ego and show off in the town of possessing mysterious? not! rare stuffs is gone? I don't think so but it might be emptier that might happen.

Long story wasn't needed bcz the care is missing from me, not clear? oh then as pl players says "IDC" but I know it won't happen for those who vouching for it all the time, not saying don't ask for it rather I was in a mood to tell story that's the reason we get a story here.

If you enjoy the story please leave a like if don't then comment, Oops I'm not even typing for YT. Oh wait wait I can trick it, comment if you like it and leave a like if you don't like it. now ok.

What? I'm just making it longer so that golem doesn't read and doesn't reply
    Last edited by Waug; 09-29-2020 at 10:51 AM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Waug For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    152 Posts

true old story. i remember when some ppl got human faces than changed back to random faces after a few days cuz a lot doesn't liked it. also i remember when BD set was a cheap little vanity in cs. the point is the rarity ofc since new stuff drop a lot and can't be expensive! i really would like to see new exclusive stuff
    Last edited by dmt; 09-29-2020 at 03:10 PM.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dmt For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Thanks for taking the time to post Waug. This should clear up the confusion for people asking for return of older pricey items. I mean if we brought them back, what else would people aim to merch for? Merching as a whole would be non-existent because there would be no point if everything's so cheap. The PVEers and PVPers have been robbed off of their passion already (no good farmable stuff, dead playerbase, death of twink) and merches are coming next. This will backfire on those requesting because nothing will be desirable anymore e.g. as happened to white lightning.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vapourised For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    345 Posts

Agreed. Players only want certain things because they are rare, not because they look 'good' or are the best looking vanities/faces/items in the game. Once these items are released again and become more common, no one will care about them and few will ever wear them.

Take for instance the Humanian Mage Face. Here's what forumers said at the time of its release:

It looks like plastic surgery gone wrong. Or, in other cases, many players compared this face to resemble people who suffer from Down Syndrome.

I think this might be the worst face ever implemented into the game in terms of looks. However, because it's rare, players want it released again. But once it gets released again and becomes common, very few if any will use this face just like practically no one uses Mohawk face.
    Last edited by Dolloway; 09-30-2020 at 06:17 AM.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dolloway For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    152 Posts

10. The Following User Says Thank You to dmt For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    152 Posts

this look so funny lol

12. The Following User Says Thank You to dmt For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    152 Posts

about people who suffer from Down Syndrome they look so cute imo so wouldn't compare this with PL human mage face.
    Last edited by dmt; 09-30-2020 at 07:28 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    345 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dmt View Post
    about people who suffer from Down Syndrome they look so cute imo so wouldn't compare this with PL human mage face.
    I'm just stating what forumers and players in game were saying at the time.

Here's another one made about the Humanian Bird Face:

Players also said the Volcano helm vanity (Mantle of Humania) was ugly and compared it to a pimple that had been popped and was oozing lol.
    Last edited by Dolloway; 09-30-2020 at 08:29 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    152 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dolloway View Post
    I'm just stating what forumers and players in game were saying at the time.

Here's another one made about the Humanian Bird Face:

Players also said the Volcano helm vanity (Mantle of Humania) was ugly and compared it to a pimple that had been popped and was oozing lol.
    yes ik i remember when they said that

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    152 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Y'all are so desperate to hold onto the elite status. Its pretty funny actually.
    IGN- Intensities/Harmless/Residential

PL 11 year vet (retired) - AL 6 year citizen

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Devaux For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    201 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Waug View Post
    So I was making a reply that meant to be 2 line but then I thought it's getting long and interesting also I need attention lots attention so I making this thread.

Although it's not for the quotes but for the generalized view.

Old items seems attractive only because they old and rare not because they looks good and this is time proven / time tested. Exactly this is what I said when bit long ago when someone saying volcano hat looks sooo good, I said that only looks attractive when you look at this someone rich's head and all those circumstances tricks you think that it's so good. Human nature u know, sometimes I think im not human? Well jokes.

Volcano hat was called very ugly when it was released, and the complain was so high on forums that they changed the cap reward vanity absolutely and people were happy, time passed and now the new vanity is considered as good as the vanities from daily blessings? and that so called ugly vanity is tricks us think it's amazing yay finally talked like human

Exact same thing happened with human face only other than that they were not changed. Mage human face was trolled most, also cuz mage has been one popular class in pl can't even call them op now, I don't know if they gonna get angry like in the past (eh hate forums don't have joy tears emojies, I love em) blah

So they were trolled and meme was made so funny that even if i look today I'd laugh same way I do. Teddy face was trolled, bird face was least trolled but still don't take like good one, rather least ugly face among em.

So many ppl actually changed em to classic face, fair enough. Again time passed and again the saying is getting true which we say "old is gold" is it? oh I don't know I'm not human? but I've human face surprisingly.

BD oh smexxy BD, I'd say RD is 10x smexxier than BD and would look 10x smexxier to humans only if the source of BD & RD was interchanged. Nevermind it's still available to posses can be something inspiring to set it as goal which can be interesting way to look forward as motivation to play & enjoy the goal once achieved? so take it like this u make ur own quest to earn that much gold to buy that wow one hand made quest I just made for ya.

====================
    Now since the "old is gold" perspective is over or is it? we come to the other aspect as if it can provide any value to players.
    Alterra is filled with BD, everyone is walking with it then none walking with it because it stays in the pocket not as wearing, in the pocket in the stash in the inventory AND in the CS @5m also in the players quick chat "buy my BD @5m or trade for zeke + I add gold"

Well that's a nice story I know, A nice story of Something getting devalued for everyone for nothing, ego and show off in the town of possessing mysterious? not! rare stuffs is gone? I don't think so but it might be emptier that might happen.

Long story wasn't needed bcz the care is missing from me, not clear? oh then as pl players says "IDC" but I know it won't happen for those who vouching for it all the time, not saying don't ask for it rather I was in a mood to tell story that's the reason we get a story here.

If you enjoy the story please leave a like if don't then comment, Oops I'm not even typing for YT. Oh wait wait I can trick it, comment if you like it and leave a like if you don't like it. now ok.

What? I'm just making it longer so that golem doesn't read and doesn't reply
    Haha you really funny. The same few guys with 10x forums accounts per guy still here fighting against good ideas... You guys if the PL continue as you want all this 10 years the game gonna be More guite as it is and this is sad fakt. You well me also "veterans" enjoyed enought of this old items. Lets just let the new players and ppl who couldnt afford many things lets let them also enjoy. I can tell you i have More of those items am hoping they bring back than any of you who are against the idea. Still not selfish....
    Plus they already bring BG, BS back and many items... So what!? They also bring new items.LB items which should roll game from now. LB items not the dropable items.
    Lets say for example if sts bring back BD set it no need to be easy to earn. NO. Just for example bring it for lemited time in the store "5k plat per set". Am sure many loyal players gonna buy it. Which makes some profit at the same time for Sts which is my hope. Profit for sts is the number 1. Without Sts, cinco we are gone. Ty i dont really have time to read your no point posts. (again selfish is rude)

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Golem For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    201 Posts

PL future=New players. Not me or you...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Devaux View Post
    Y'all are so desperate to hold onto the elite status. Its pretty funny actually.
    Real funny thing is that u consider having BD/Human face etc "elite status"
    and the problem starts there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    152 Posts

that's not about holding anything. we just want BRAND NEW exclusive stuff. why is it so hard to understand?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    201 Posts

We getting new stuffs every events so why it is hard to see?
    Also here is a one opnion as a new halloween Vanity armor. DL Tee look with Pumpkin logo instead of DL also with wings and the Black color in wings used to be same color as armor itself (hadnt that color on my phone photo editor)...
    Name:  IMG_20200930_183354.jpg
Views: 460
Size:  25.1 KB
    Last edited by Golem; 09-30-2020 at 10:42 AM. Reason: Forgot add photo

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Golem For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Haha you really funny. The same few guys with 10x forums accounts per guy still here fighting against good ideas... You guys if the PL continue as you want all this 10 years the game gonna be More guite as it is and this is sad fakt. You well me also "veterans" enjoyed enought of this old items. Lets just let the new players and ppl who couldnt afford many things lets let them also enjoy. I can tell you i have More of those items am hoping they bring back than any of you who are against the idea. Still not selfish....
    Plus they already bring BG, BS back and many items... So what!? They also bring new items.LB items which should roll game from now. LB items not the dropable items.
    Lets say for example if sts bring back BD set it no need to be easy to earn. NO. Just for example bring it for lemited time in the store "5k plat per set". Am sure many loyal players gonna buy it. Which makes some profit at the same time for Sts which is my hope. Profit for sts is the number 1. Without Sts, cinco we are gone. Ty i dont really have time to read your no point posts. (again selfish is rude)
    When i was typing I kept things away which could be rude in slightest way lol but look at ur post, its seems rude rather whatever, I don't know when you came to PL from AL and also calling you veteran whereas you don't even have any idea about PL forum-ers around here otherwise you wouldn't call us to have 10x acc here. I don't wanna be rude but I really don't know how to tell the fact other way around lol.

You wouldn't "enjoy" something rare if that thing is NOT rare anymore the whole summery of my post.

PL future=New players. Not me or you...
    Again, as already said, u really have not much idea about PL, PL is about old player base and has pretty low flow of new players.

As I Already said in my main post indirectly that I'm not here to oppose the idea rather make you understand the reality as said "IDC" means I really don't care if they bring back anything and I could simply leave the whole matter with one sentence - IT WILL NOT HAPPEN, doesn't matter how much you try. It's upto u that u understand it or keep spamming it everywhere your choice.
    Last edited by Waug; 09-30-2020 at 10:55 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

As a player who "only" has 110m pure and like 250-300m in items - and therefore being far away from having enough for BD set - I can see both points.

But I must say, the arguments from the old players are just better so far.

Noone stated a real good reason to bring back old items yet. "Everyone is so selfish..." is not an argument. What is funny, is that the "I didn't read your arguments because I know I what I'm talking about/ aka I don't count other opinions" statements sound even more selfish.

BUT to be fair, the "bring back only very few of it to not destroy the value" idea actually sounds like a possible compromise.

For example:
    Make an event with ultra rare drops of BD Helm and Armor pieces. You need 5 different parts to be able to craft BD Helm or Armor. After 10 (?) sets have been crafted, the drops stop.

(That would spread the value a bit more than giving it to top 10 pro players in an event who most likely are too rich already).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    201 Posts

Aaa waug waug... Am not talking rude only facts saddly... GL old player To keep the game upright alone with few left old players cus we want just to own pl and "no fun for new players".

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Golem For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dmt View Post
    that's not about holding anything. we just want BRAND NEW exclusive stuff. why is it so hard to understand?
    Cass you bought your account. Stop playin