This is the good idea. http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...RST-RAID-BOSS!

I LOVE THIS IDEA!

Heres my idea. kinda sorta like this. Like on his idea, there will be a gate, and when a certain number of people join, the gates will open.

BUT..... You guys all know castle defense games? i personally love them. They require actual brainpower. When the gates open, the monsters surge forward. but this time you have an objective. Protect something. The thing you are supposed to protect is behind you, and you have to kill all the monsters, and stop them from hurting the target. The target does have health though. Its not like a 1 Hit KO thing. Once you beat all the monsters, you advance to the next room.

My idea is that you break into a castle, to rescue a king/queen/prince/princess. You dwelve deep into the dungeon, and find and break into the captive's cage. But now you have to break out. But the monsters have raised the alarm. So the monsters are converging on you, and you have to beat all the monsters in the room. Also, if we ever get dangerous terrain, like lava and such, they would hurt you AND the enemy. That way you could figure out a strategy to push the monsters into the lava to weaken them.

Easy you think right? Heres the catch. After you beat a boss, every 5 or 10 levels, you would have the option to leave!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BUT, the earlier bosses have a much lesser pink drop rate. You have the option to keep going, and the later bosses have a much greater pink drop rate. But if you all die.... (revives are allowed) or the prince/princess/queen/king dies, then you only get the items you got since the last "checkpoint" so to speak. This is because the monsters steal the items you got.

Note: This would not apply to inventory items. Your inventory would dissapear until you left or died. Only the items you have equipped, or the items you got in the 5 rounds you are on would be in your inventory. If you got to a checkpoint, then the items you recieved in the previous 5 rounds would be transferred to your inventory.

example. Me and my team just beat the boss for lvl 15. We are debating wether or not to go on, or to leave. My friend just got a good pink drop from the boss on the 15th level. He does not have to worry about it being taken away, since it is transferred to inventory. Next round my friend gets a good pink, and we lose. He doesnt have the pink anymore.

Note: You would be able to liquidate the junk, but to add a bit of a risk, the liquidation rate would be slightly lower than normal.

If you got to the last lvl, (say level 50 or somewhere around there) and you beat the last boss, you would get a super rare item. http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...eapon-Category like from this thread.

A few questions you might ask.

a) Will this drop xp? The answer is yes. but it would be better to grind normal levels, because the monsters willl get progressively harder.

b) Elixirs allowed? No.

Note: Maybe different pink drops for different levels?

Example: Since there will be most likely 8 or 9 campaigns (forest haven, dark forest, fathom crypt, lost expedition, swamps, AO1, AO2, AO3, and whatever is next)

Every 5 levels, the pink drops change. first 5 forest haven, second 5 dark forest, and so on.

You could just make a whole bunch of these things, like pvp. but that would be lots of work

The end to a very long thread. im looking for criticizers. please comment