Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Petition to release old IGNS

Windmoore city waiting for honor ranked queue
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

Default Petition to release old IGNS

I know that this is a topic that has come up before, but I have not seen anything in recent times inquiring about this. I think it is safe to say that the game dynamic is changing. A new community is in place. Names have always been an integral part of the game, as everyone wants that one ign that is particularly special to them. I would say release old, unused igns again (like the release 3 years ago now I believe?) to create options for newer players and older players alike. And just like you did before, if the name released has the rightful owner log on within a 7 day period, it can be rescinded.

-Chris (Truth)

Edit**
    Credit to Willl for some of these ideas
    In order to prevent name buying and selling after the potential release:
    * Make all names bound to an account.
    * Amend the “change name” button to “transfer name” while keeping the 30 plat cost.
    *** Allow for actual trading of names, for example, you are able to turn your ign into a “scroll of renaming: *insert ign*” that can be sold in the auction house. I think that would be the most interesting. Incorporating everything else into this last idea, an ign is bound to an account until turned into a scroll of renaming for instance (example item name). I believe that would primarily negate the need for black market name buying. But to ensure this, maybe add a restriction that only allows for this scroll to be traded via market. I can see how people may carry on paying real money for the scroll, but only allowing it to be in the market may hinder that substantially. Just my 2 cents (along with some suggestions from Willl).
    Last edited by Imback Al; 10-05-2020 at 10:41 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    117 Posts

It should only be for banned accounts though. If it were to happen to all accounts, I think the 3-day log in period should be increase though, because what if someone just can't get on due to work/school/out-side-game-business? Not that fair for them.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Overbear For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Overbear View Post
    It should only be for banned accounts though. If it were to happen to all accounts, I think the 3-day log in period should be increase though, because what if someone just can't get on due to work/school/out-side-game-business? Not that fair for them.
    You’re right. I couldn’t remember the exact time period that STS allowed for people to reclaim their igns. Most of the banned igns being re-released would be nice for sure.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    239 Posts

+1 IF

I m fine to release igns of banned accounts and inactives accounts (3.5 years+) but with some important restrictions to avoid hoarding and selling to the black market.

For example:
    -You can create max 2 new alts (from 1 account) per week (create alts to save igns).

-You will be unable to delete those alts.

-You will have a new option near "change name" called "Transfer name" Will cost always 30 plats and will allow you to exchange name with the alt (of your same account) you have selected, and the old name will be on the bound lv 1 account (always unable to delete).

Those were just fast ideas, if you got any better feel free to add yours!

Inviato dal mio Redmi Note 8 Pro utilizzando Tapatalk

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Willl For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

IMO this is a bad idea.
    This will inevitably lead to name selling. Last time STS did this, there was a whole LINE and Facebook group selling names for real world cash or for gold, which leads to scamming.

Even if an implementation like Arkua mentioned would be added (only 2 character creations per account per week) people would just use multiple devices and multiple accounts to hoard them and sell them.

-1 from me, but its up to STS anyways, just my opinion

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Silentkill For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    527 Posts

I dont want to see the same what has happened last time. Seeing igns selling in every town to the point that you have to fear any trade outside the auction because it can happen easily that you trade with someone who sold many igns.
    Plus theres a reason people got banned. Giving new players the igns of famous cheaters can have even worse consequences.
    Last edited by QuaseT; 10-05-2020 at 10:33 AM.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to QuaseT For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Willl View Post
    +1 IF

I m fine to release igns of banned accounts and inactives accounts (3.5 years+) but with some important restrictions to avoid hoarding and selling to the black market.

For example:
    -You can create max 2 new alts (from 1 account) per week (create alts to save igns).

-You will be unable to delete those alts.

-You will have a new option near "change name" called "Transfer name" Will cost always 30 plats and will allow you to exchange name with the alt (of your same account) you have selected, and the old name will be on the bound lv 1 account (always unable to delete).

Those were just fast ideas, if you got any better feel free to add yours!

Yep I like this idea, particularly the idea of transferring igns among your own characters (this should be free imo, and not cost plat. Besides, they are your igns. Should be able to transfer them character to character without fear of them being sniped).

I also agree with the idea of names being bound to the account (like in the beta of arcane legends. “Pre-ordering” so to say names would indefinitely bind the name to the account.” In order to prevent name buying and selling, effectively removing that black market aspect from the game entirely.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by QuaseT View Post
    I dont want to see the same that has happened last time. Seeing igns selling in every town to the point that you have to fear any trade outside the auction because it can happen easily that you trade with someone who sold many igns.
    Plus theres a reason people got banned. Giving new players the igns of famous cheaters can have even worse consequences.
    See I think that’s a fairly pessimistic view though. I respect your opinion and I see where you are coming from for sure, but I think that especially in the case of cheaters, their igns can be reborn, given a new meaning in the community.

Something else I was thinking of however was the allowance of duplicate names. I doubt STS would condone it however.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Silentkill View Post
    IMO this is a bad idea.
    This will inevitably lead to name selling. Last time STS did this, there was a whole LINE and Facebook group selling names for real world cash or for gold, which leads to scamming.

Even if an implementation like Arkua mentioned would be added (only 2 character creations per account per week) people would just use multiple devices and multiple accounts to hoard them and sell them.

-1 from me, but its up to STS anyways, just my opinion
    What would you think about the release of old igns if names were bound to an account? Within that account, the person could then only transfer the name from character to character, not from account to account, rendering it impossible to sell igns.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Plus 1 i like the idea of releasing old igns but account bound

15. The Following User Says Thank You to gilsooon For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gilsooon View Post
    Plus 1 i like the idea of releasing old igns but account bound
    I edited my original post to include the possibility of a trade-able item that allows for sanctioned trade of names.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

-1. Let them rest in peace.

Sent from my vivo 1817 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    302 Posts

-1 lol

11char

Arcane Legends Since 2012

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    593 Posts

Close this thread please. It’s nothing but drama.
    I’m rubber and you’re glue, what bounces off me, sticks on you..
    Stop assuming my posts are emotional. I don’t care that much.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    239 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by QuaseT View Post
    I dont want to see the same what has happened last time. Seeing igns selling in every town to the point that you have to fear any trade outside the auction because it can happen easily that you trade with someone who sold many igns.
    True fact about be scared of trading lmao.

The problem you got underlined could be solved with a dev making a post on all the names got released, an alphabetic list.

21.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #16
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,169 Posts

This will not be happening.

Apart from the fact that we don't allow petitions here... the fundamental concept here is just not a good idea.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

22. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Cinco For This Useful Post: