Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Jarl Crates bugged?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Default Jarl Crates bugged?

Honestly, I find it very very difficult to believe that my account is not bugged. I’ve created a hc account and decided to spent some plat on the jarl crates Wirh the intention to loot the new mythic ring. I’m not exaggerating when I say this, I have spent 8,000 platinum give or take on these crates for a mythic rarity ring, I did not loot 1. Statistically speaking, I should have looted several rings. I was able to loot several arcanes but seriously no mythic ring after 8k plat? I’ve spoken with several players and have been told they have looted the ring between 3-100 locked crates. I know crates are a huge huge gamble, but the odds for this does not add up at all. Also, let’s say it is in fact very very rare, it does not justify why the price of the ring is fairly cheap at roughly 9-10m, if this is due to the influx of rings dropping from jarl, then that also doesn’t justify why why the drop crate of the ring is horrendous in crates. You’d expect the ring drop rate from the boss to be much lower if the crate odds are worse, in fact, the ring should have a higher drop rate from crates as it’s coming from a premium currency. It just doesn’t add up, my luck can not be that terrible to not loot a ring, even worse, my hc char is a mage and I did not loot a single arc for mage so there’s that as well.
    Last edited by RedeZy; 10-08-2020 at 05:35 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    330 Posts

New ring would simply be very low in crates.

And you can not really use the "statistically speaking" narrative when no one knows the odds, or has any basis from the past, even if u do, the odds aren't the same for every crate, otherwise it would be raining rings.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    95 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RedeZy View Post
    Honestly, I find it very very difficult to believe that my account is not bugged. I’ve created a hc account and decided to spent some plat on the jarl crates Wirh the intention to loot the new mythic ring. I’m not exaggerating when I say this, I have spent 8,000 platinum give or take on these crates for a mythic rarity ring, I did not loot 1. Statistically speaking, I should have looted several rings. I was able to loot several arcanes but seriously no mythic ring after 8k plat? I’ve spoken with several players and have been told they have looted the ring between 3-100 locked crates. I know crates are a huge huge gamble, but the odds for this does not add up at all. Also, let’s say it is in fact very very rare, it does not justify why the price of the ring is fairly cheap at roughly 9-10m, if this is due to the influx of rings dropping from jarl, then that also doesn’t justify why why the drop crate of the ring is horrendous in crates. You’d expect the ring drop rate from the boss to be much lower if the crate odds are worse, in fact, the ring should have a higher drop rate from crates as it’s coming from a premium currency. It just doesn’t add up, my luck can not be that terrible to not loot a ring, even worse, my hc char is a mage and I did not loot a single arc for mage so there’s that as well.
    Rng be lucky you looted arcs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

My statement is based off data I’ve gathered off several players looting the ring in crates. Typically looting one between 3-100 crates 95% of the time. Even if they are low odds, I don’t think Sts intends for the average player Wirh average/to lower end odds of looting Wirh ring Wirh 8,000 plat, it’s not them. Like I said, it’s a gamble but I’m pretty certain it should take less than 8,000 to loot at least one ring. Yes odds are different for every crate, I’ve opened many crates, throughout the years and been told experiences, there has never been a instance where a mythic item took so much plats to loot. As for your statement, it is already raining rings. Auction price and prices of the ring are based of supply and demand most of the time, at a steady price of 9-10m as of now for a clean ring that is fairly cheap for the average player as of now due to inflation, if this is the price for the ring as of now then it does not justify the drop rate being so low, back to my original statement, if the crate odds are low then most of the rings were looted from the event right? It makes sense this way, if they were this low because of the crate drops then I’m pretty sure I would’ve looted one considering the dropped to 9m fairly quickly. Since rarity’s are a thing in this game, it also makes no sense for me to loot over 6+ arcanes without a mythic, it makes sense for something of higher rarity to be more rare right? Wirh lower odds right? If this isn’t the case then the rarity of the game might as well be removed as it means nothing, 6+ arcanes that are already low odds without a mythic ring is data at the end of the day.

EDIT: forgot to mention in original post, the players that I did speak with to gather my data regarding ring drops did loot the ring before a arcane, now this can be pure luck, Or this can contradict the statement that rarity does not matter and odds are different. Simply put, a arcane should have lower odds than a mythic item, if this wasn’t the case for the jarl creates then why did so many players loot a mythic item over a arcane, regardless of crate. I’ve opened thousands of crates and seen this. I’m pretty sure the data of thousands is somewhat reliable data, this does not apply to just me. Others that I’ve spoken with have said exactly the same thing.
    Last edited by RedeZy; 10-08-2020 at 06:17 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    330 Posts

Put those aside, objectly speaking we shouldn't forget that STS is still a business.

I remember back when apple released a statement that games who charge real cash for in-app store items is required to disclose the odds, STS avoided that by simply stating plat can be obtained by different means, not necessarily real cash.

With this, I/we could also assume that these store crates are simply rigged. From the several toons and classes I've opened crates on, surely I'm not the only one consistently pulling nice loot not for my class, which now makes us want to open more.

I could be overthinking or overeacting, but is still a possibility that no one should turn a blind eye on.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    417 Posts

Your luck doesn't add up with the number of crate you open, your odd is the same with every crate you open so yes its possible to loot the ring with 1 opening and yes its possible you don't loot a single one even if you open 1000

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Each crate has the same odd correct. That means every time you open a crate you have the same odds, if you open more crates TOU have more chances at looting it therefore, if you open thousands I’m pretty sure at one point you should loot it.

When Sts sets the odds for these items I don’t think they item the player to spend thousands of plat to loot it otherwise we wouldn’t be seeing many arcs or mythics being looted from crates, I feel like same applies to this crate. I don’t think sts says that the average player will have to open roughly 8k worth of plat to loot this ring. I don’t think they ever considered that for it to be statistically looted. I feel as if the amount of plat required to statistically loot it according to the odds of Sts is well under 8k plat.
    Last edited by RedeZy; 10-08-2020 at 07:46 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    330 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RedeZy View Post
    When Sts sets the odds for these items I don’t think they item the player to spend thousands of plat to loot it otherwise we wouldn’t be seeing many arcs or mythics being looted from crates, I feel like same applies to this crate. I don’t think sts says that the average player will have to open roughly 8k worth of plat to loot this ring.
    STS can do whatever they want with the odds even if it doesn't correlate with its rarity.

Yes, crates in store uses plat, but so does the Jarl elixirs. Infact I can argue that there is more plat revenue from the elixirs than from the crates, seeing how quick I sold mine consistently ti'll now.

Players running the event is obviously greater than the constant amount of crates in store, thus it only makes sense that there are more rings looted from the event than from crates.

9.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #9
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,885 Posts

No, they're working fine. Random chance is random. Closing.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Futumsh For This Useful Post: