Thread: GUIDE: How To Make A Guide- A lesson brought to you by Elite Guidemaster Pro!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    378 Posts

Default GUIDE: How To Make A Guide- A lesson brought to you by Elite Guidemaster Pro!

So you may ask yourself, Why are guides in such high demand? Well the answer is really simple- People want to learn how to get better at stuff. And expierenced players like to make guides for fun, to help others, cuz I have a lot of extra time and am bored, or also for rep boosting.

So maybe you have a skill for something or have found something new. You want to explain it to others. First of all that will be your topic. Heres what you can then do:

1. First make sure you really know what you're talking about. If you are just gathering a bunch of other peoples ideas its not a guide...its you asking questions. Make it specific guide on what you want to say, not something like 'how to use skills' as that could never be explained easily in one thread.

2. Make sure there isnt already a thread about your topic with obvious exception of builds as those are based on opinion.

3. Come up with a catchy title, usually having the word(s) 'guide' or 'how to...' help clarify your purpose of writing, also to maximize your rep be sure to include your name in the guide title.

The previous steps will make an easy start for title'ing and introducing your guide. Then you will need to get the actual content of how to do what you are explaining. Instructions on how to do this is pretty self explanitory (basically write the steps of what your explaining -.-). So I will simply toss out some stylistic technique that dont result in top tier guides.

2. Don't label the points wrong
    C. Don't mix labels
    4. When you are making a guide you sometimes think of a good pointer to throw in because it is very applicable to your topic, you then try to write it in greatest detail with a nice intro and background to the point. You continue to expand on the point, then suddenly you realize that you have been slightly repetitive and redundant, and still you may have not stated your point. You try to conclude to the point, but you may end on a bunny trail, like the one your dog ran down and got lost for several weeks so you bought a new dog and then the old one wandered home, and you were stuck with two dogs and they were crazy and you realize you are now using run-on sentences and you totally forgot the point you were trying to make, then you remember it, and please don't make your points too long. Also don't combine two points into one.
    5. B sur 2 spel werds gud
    6. Please dont be are using bad grammars. Make u looks ininteligent.
    7. Sometimes screenshots or pictures are appropriate to make your point. But dont use unneeded ones.
    8. FOR YOU FOOLS OUT THERE! RANTS ARENT THE SAME AS GUIDES!
    9. Don't be vague...
    10. For my tenth and final point, I'd like to remind you to correctly count your points.

Be free from reading this monstrosity and educate others on your mad skillz. If this guide was useless please disreguard it and do the opposite of what it says in order to be successful.

***DISCLAIMER***
    Elite Guidemaster Pro is not responsible for any confusion, lack of understanding, or stress this may have caused. Common side effects include insanity, brain loss, memory loss, and crazy mad forumer people. Also the extremely rare chance of resulting hardcore guide being made.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Elyseon For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts

Cool...Thanks bro for the helpful guide on how to make guides.

Proud Member of AEO (PL) and Sparkling Pwnies (SL)!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    378 Posts

Indeed maybe next i should make a thread on how to make threads
    Whatdya think?