I remember one time Cinco mentioned that he sets a limit of items in the game so that an overflow does not happen. What this means is he will put a number in the system of the amount of a certain item he wants to keep quantity. In Easter, here is an example. Cinco sets the plat eggs limit to 50,000. Since the game is rng at the start of event the system will set like 45,000/50,000 plat eggs in 5 days out of 7 days so then the last 2 days those plat eggs have to drop way less so that they don't over exceed that limit. It is impossible to guess the random. An algorithm to set the right percentage of the loot per player. Everyone has a different chance at looting things.
I think this is whats going on with the house event. House slots, deeds, and furnish were 50-75% the price they are now during event. Me and many others have noticed elixir is giving less op loot now and things are harder to loot.
There were many noticing this in Easter with the plat eggs. That is why this game is rng based rather than a set percentage to loot an item. Just a theory I thought of, might be true might not be, but it is very accurate it seems