Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: My theory on why good loot doesn't drop as much at the end of events

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,064 Posts

Default My theory on why good loot doesn't drop as much at the end of events

I remember one time Cinco mentioned that he sets a limit of items in the game so that an overflow does not happen. What this means is he will put a number in the system of the amount of a certain item he wants to keep quantity. In Easter, here is an example. Cinco sets the plat eggs limit to 50,000. Since the game is rng at the start of event the system will set like 45,000/50,000 plat eggs in 5 days out of 7 days so then the last 2 days those plat eggs have to drop way less so that they don't over exceed that limit. It is impossible to guess the random. An algorithm to set the right percentage of the loot per player. Everyone has a different chance at looting things.
    I think this is whats going on with the house event. House slots, deeds, and furnish were 50-75% the price they are now during event. Me and many others have noticed elixir is giving less op loot now and things are harder to loot.
    There were many noticing this in Easter with the plat eggs. That is why this game is rng based rather than a set percentage to loot an item. Just a theory I thought of, might be true might not be, but it is very accurate it seems

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Invalid argument. I for one loots all the good sh** every time the event is about to end. I do remember Cinco's statement about the item limits and I'm pretty sure he is talking about the drop rate from Locked Crates.

Everything seems to be random tbh..
    Last edited by Enraged; 10-10-2020 at 01:48 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Encryptions View Post
    I remember one time Cinco mentioned that he sets a limit of items in the game so that an overflow does not happen. What this means is he will put a number in the system of the amount of a certain item he wants to keep quantity. In Easter, here is an example. Cinco sets the plat eggs limit to 50,000. Since the game is rng at the start of event the system will set like 45,000/50,000 plat eggs in 5 days out of 7 days so then the last 2 days those plat eggs have to drop way less so that they don't over exceed that limit. It is impossible to guess the random. An algorithm to set the right percentage of the loot per player. Everyone has a different chance at looting things.
    I think this is whats going on with the house event. House slots, deeds, and furnish were 50-75% the price they are now during event. Me and many others have noticed elixir is giving less op loot now and things are harder to loot.
    There were many noticing this in Easter with the plat eggs. That is why this game is rng based rather than a set percentage to loot an item. Just a theory I thought of, might be true might not be, but it is very accurate it seems
    Im pretty sure what you have said is correct
    I have a different theory for example in the arcanite fields event arcane gear started to drop like crazy in the first two days and price fell down like 60%+ so what i am trying to say is that they had in mind a minimum limit of prices of arcane items since the price obviously went below that limit they reduced the drop rate of arcanes to bring back the prices to atleast the limit they had in mind. This is just my theory of the drop rate reduction maybe urs is correct

For those of you saying the drop rate wasnt reduced , im pretty sure that it was reduced cuz almost all of my friends agreed that both them and their party has seen a reduction in the total arcane drops after 3-4 days after event started

The reason they dont disclose this kind of information is maybe because they dont want to create an outrage between players because as you can see there is a lot of drama in gd for quite some time even for small things

Maybe this can happen the other way around too if the drop rate is too low and people are complaining they may increase the drop rates possibly??

Sent from my Redmi 6 Pro using Tapatalk
    Last edited by worshipped; 10-10-2020 at 05:26 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    527 Posts

I dont see a reason to set the amount of items to a certain number. If u scale the droprate to a low but certain percantage each run it seems much more fitting since gear and consumables not only get more elusive if u make them limited in amount but also by the size of the players community. If u make the rate perfectly fitting to the amount of runs they expect it will have the same outcome. Further on I dont believe that players have "different chances" to loot event items in forum of an algorithm. The chance is the same for everybody (if they use the elixirs) but with droprates that low it might seem that some are more lucky and some are not. That doesnt mean that one does loot more on average even if it seems like that sometimes. I dont have insight into numbers and we all can just guess if the loot seems to be less at the end of events. Here are some ideas why this looks like it is:
    -More players run at the launch of an event, more elixirs are used aswell (from the quest for example)
    -Prices (of house slot for example) are very unstable when they were not lootable for a year. Therefore the price keeps dropping until some decide to invest/cash in gold to make profit. This causes "bounce effects", more people invest when they see that the price doesnt keep dropping and it goes up again. If the price goes up it doesnt mean implicitly that the droprate got worse, it can also mean that the item got more attractive within the playerbase.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to QuaseT For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    283 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Enraged View Post
    Invalid argument. I for one loots all the good sh** every time the event is about to end. I do remember Cinco's statement about the item limits and I'm pretty sure he is talking about the drop rate from Locked Crates.

Everything seems to be random tbh..
    Well, just because 1 person (you in this case) loots all the “good ****” at the end of the event, doesnt mean his entire argument is false, its a bit anecdotal saying that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Spooked View Post
    Well, just because 1 person (you in this case) loots all the “good ****” at the end of the event, doesnt mean his entire argument is false, its a bit anecdotal saying that.
    Is it? lol. All I'm saying is that people still loot good stuffs even at the end of event as it is all about RNG. I can't recall exactly who said it but I remember reading something like "We do not change drop rates in the middle of an ongoing event" from a developer. Clearly, everything he said is just an assumption. Some legend once said, "People make superstitions to justify their bad luck" and that is what this thread is about.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    283 Posts

Is it? lol. All I'm saying is that people still loot good stuffs even at the end of event as it is all about RNG. I can't recall exactly who said it but I remember reading something like "We do not change drop rates in the middle of an ongoing event" from a developer. Clearly, everything he said is just an assumption. Some legend once said, "People make superstitions to justify their bad luck" and that is what this thread is about.
    No, you started your post off with “invalid argument” and then proceed to support that argument by giving anecdotal evidence.
    Drop rates have been Changed during events, taking energy essences as a primary example.
    You cant trash someones argument if you have no constructive counter point.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Spooked For This Useful Post:

10.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #8
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,170 Posts

The only loot limits that exist in the game are applied to the number of store items that are available in a given period.
    When it comes to monster loot, if a particular item drop rate is found to be too high or too low it will be changed - maybe once. We don’t micromanage event (or energy) loot with various ups and downs over an event’s course - because it’s a terrible design strategy, because it’s stupidly unfair and because it’s way too much effort for absolutely no gain.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Cinco For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Spooked View Post
    No, you started your post off with “invalid argument” and then proceed to support that argument by giving anecdotal evidence.
    Drop rates have been Changed during events, taking energy essences as a primary example.
    You cant trash someones argument if you have no constructive counter point.
    I can't believe what I just read.... you are actually comparing event exclusive items (arcanes, vanities and such) to energy essences

Change of drop rates do happen as Cinco said, but it is usually during the first couple of hours of the event not in the middle, and not when it is about to end like the op is saying. Anyway, the mystery behind this thread has already been revealed. Thanks, Cinco!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    501 Posts

Next week on infowars:

DOES TIMURS AA CAUSE PING?!?!
    You can’t afford to miss it!

Until next time, this is Alex Jones signing off
    \m/,____( >. < ‘ )________,\m/
    Suentous

“The Cult” does not exist. Stop asking questions!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Stephencobear For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Stephencobear View Post
    Next week on infowars:

DOES TIMURS AA CAUSE PING?!?!
    You can’t afford to miss it!

Until next time, this is Alex Jones signing off
    Man, I still remember when parties boycotted those with timur cause they thought it would reduce their overall gold loot xD you can’t make this kinda stuff up

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    302 Posts

when someone use timur aa my ping goes to 100k pls sts fix it

Arcane Legends Since 2012

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GucciBang View Post
    when someone use timur aa my ping goes to 100k pls sts fix it
    Nothing wrong with Timur...maybe ur connection

Sent from my RMX2001 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    302 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by danialazhad63 View Post
    Nothing wrong with Timur...maybe ur connection

Sent from my RMX2001 using Tapatalk
    invalid argument

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Lol

Sent from my vivo 1907 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    501 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GucciBang View Post
    invalid argument
    Invalid post.
    If u think something is bugged about timur pls, I dare you to make a post in technical issues section saying whatever flat earth kinda stuff you think is real about timur
    Lol
    \m/,____( >. < ‘ )________,\m/
    Suentous

“The Cult” does not exist. Stop asking questions!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    302 Posts

Invalid post.
    If u think something is bugged about timur pls, I dare you to make a post in technical issues section saying whatever flat earth kinda stuff you think is real about timur
    Lol
    <<<<<<<<<JOKE>>>>>>>>>>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts

Invalid post.
    Lol
    Its supposed to be sarcasm bro

Sent from my Redmi 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    283 Posts

I can't believe what I just read.... you are actually comparing event exclusive items (arcanes, vanities and such) to energy essences

Change of drop rates do happen as Cinco said, but it is usually during the first couple of hours of the event not in the middle, and not when it is about to end like the op is saying. Anyway, the mystery behind this thread has already been revealed. Thanks, Cinco!
    When you use a general term and say “drop rates have not been changed” youre including everything.
    I cant believe youre so shortsighted, its honestly baffling.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    142 Posts

Y'all invalid what's up?