Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Enchants

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by holdmytalons View Post
    Str dex int and m/s h/s enchants suould be removed just keep armor damage and health so enchanting isnt as cancerous
    The purpose of enchanting wasn't to make for an interesting or fun feature. Nor was it for trying out different gear set ups with different enchants or to create variety. It would be nice if this were true and this was exactly what we thought the enchanting system would promote.

Instead if it was nefarious scheme to force people to go endgame cos they made the levelling in this game hard af. So they forced people to take the p2w grinding method i.e spending platinum.

The point of enchants was to kill low level pvp and bring revenue from grinding to endgame. And also bring in revenue from those unskilled players (aka new people) who couldn't handle regular pvp so decided to overspend on enchanting. The emphasis was on milking money not player satisfaction.

If enchantments were intended to be an enjoyable feature, there wouldn't be an RNG element to it. we wouldn't have trash stats in the reroll table. We wouldn't have to risk losing a good slot to get a better one.

Bottomline is: You have nice suggestions and I really wish for them to be implemented but it is kind of pointless to bring them up. I'm not faulting you. I just think that there's no chance that feedback will be acknowledged by the devs because of how they are. Money first, player consideration at the bottom. But they it's worth a try I guess.

Major rant (possibly full of ignorance):
    As well as some questions for people who were there when pvp died @MageFFA e.g.

I don't really want to tell people how to spend their money but as soon as people started enchanting and buying QTRs, pvp was doomed. It's essentially like saying 'yes i support these trash updates please kill the game even more!'.
    I have no clue how low level pvp died so if someone could fill me in I would be grateful. I returned in 2020 so missed that bit but I can speculate.

A group of boosters, noobs, trolls (the less desirable sort) decided to enchant and buy QTR to gain an unfair advantage. Now this wasn't really a problem since my guess is that only a handful of players did these. Hardly anyone's that pathetic right? Then, what I call the normal people, tried to pvp as usual but were kind of forced to indulge in these toxic features too. And that was the nail in the coffin.
    And that point there was a lot of enchanting and purchases of QTR weapons. Cinco decides to let these stay because of how popular they are and how much revenue they bring in. That makes sense. Who would get rid of their money makers?

I feel like, while yes Cinco does introduce features we disagree with, players should shoulder some of the blame for supporting those features with purchases. Because why would Cinco keep a feature that wasn't making money? I'm sorry if I come across as judgmental but I believe that people should have resisted the temptation to enchant or buy QTR to defend themselves. The storm would have passed. Cinco would realize his error and would have removed those features just like he did with no pvp restrictions.

What happened to the good ol' booting and private games? Booting would have surely been fine since only a few players enchanted and bought QTR at the start (pure guess again)? Let me reiterate that. If there's like only 5 boosters in the whole of pvp from 56-71, booting shouldn't be an issue.
    We as a low lvl pvp community managed to survive and reverse no pvp restrictions so why wasn't enchants/ QTRs within our scope?
    Also why did people quit these lvls and not just host private games? Was it because people were dishonest saying they had clean gear when they did not?

Just want to say that I'm guessing these are the reasons for 51-76 dying as well as logical solutions that would have forced devs to remove enchants or QTRs.

P.S: Just wanted to quickly add: I'm in no way shape or form blaming/judging people who bought QTR or enchants. It is understandable. All I am suggesting is that perhaps there was a better approach to 'if you can't beat them, join em'. I.e booting, hosting private games until the disliked features were removed all together.
    Would this approach have saved pvp? I'm not entirely sure. It's very easy for me to say these things in hindsight.

Also @Estate
    Ik ur not going to agree with this at all so you might not want to waste ur time here. Thanks.

@Cinco Wasn't trying to be rude in my posts. Just providing my perspective on why I think the game moved in the direction it did. I understand that STS is a business at the end of the day and it would pay to remember that.
    Last edited by Vapourised; 10-18-2020 at 06:19 AM.