Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    Subscriptions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I’m still under the impression that STS had a really effective and successful monetisation model in the early years 2010-2014. A one which brought as much revenue as a subscription model. I could be entirely and utterly wrong though.

Also supercell games aren’t subscription based but their games pull in a lot of cash. And the latest one is extremely free to play friendly despite having a system where you can buy a pass.

I’m not trying to put down STS by giving this example. All I want to show is that making crazy revenue and lots and lots of satisfied players are NOT mutually exclusive. This is what I think pocket legends did really well at one point and I just don’t understand why there was a decision to move away from that.

Please enlighten us. But i do appreciate this may constitute as confidential information.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Vapourised For This Useful Post:

3.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #2
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,190 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Vapourised View Post
    I’m still under the impression that STS had a really effective and successful monetisation model in the early years 2010-2014. A one which brought as much revenue as a subscription model. I could be entirely and utterly wrong though.

Also supercell games aren’t subscription based but their games pull in a lot of cash. And the latest one is extremely free to play friendly despite having a system where you can buy a pass.

I’m not trying to put down STS by giving this example. All I want to show is that making crazy revenue and lots and lots of satisfied players are NOT mutually exclusive. This is what I think pocket legends did really well at one point and I just don’t understand why there was a decision to move away from that.

Please enlighten us. But i do appreciate this may constitute as confidential information.
    Supercell’s brilliant PvP games are fairly distinct from any MMORPG anywhere in the marketplace :-)

How would you feel about a subscription or a season pass system for “PL 2”
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts

Supercell’s brilliant PvP games are fairly distinct from any MMORPG anywhere in the marketplace :-)

If its actually a reasonable price i think many would go for it..

ELITE

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 3pc View Post
    If its actually a reasonable price i think many would go for it..
    Whos gonna pay a subscription to play pl lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

If "PL 2" is classic PL, 2010-2011, then bring it on.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MageFFA View Post
    If "PL 2" is classic PL, 2010-2011, then bring it on.
    Old school pl would be nice

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

No single Mobile game under daylight is subscription based whereas every free to play competitive game is going into the path of season pass system.

About MMORPG or PL2 I think there should be some new trends it's been hard now a days to create any hype with traditional MMO, take Genshin impact which took gaming by storm not just mobile, which isn't mmo although feels like mmo but that provide huge chance for game developers who would make a mmo with the goodness of GI and blend that into mmo, I'd love that, imagine a pvp system with genshin like character switch and blend of their skills and essence leads to versatility and scope of various builds discovers by players, even if not still, some survival and crafting aspect bit like ARK survival or some intuitive battle royale blend in mmo can still be pretty attractive for mobile gaming.

9.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #8
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,190 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Waug View Post
    No single Mobile game under daylight is subscription based whereas every free to play competitive game is going into the path of season pass system.

About MMORPG or PL2 I think there should be some new trends it's been hard now a days to create any hype with traditional MMO, take Genshin impact which took gaming by storm not just mobile, which isn't mmo although feels like mmo but that provide huge chance for game developers who would make a mmo with the goodness of GI and blend that into mmo, I'd love that, imagine a pvp system with genshin like character switch and blend of their skills and essence leads to versatility and scope of various builds discovers by players, even if not still, some survival and crafting aspect bit like ARK survival or some intuitive battle royale blend in mmo can still be pretty attractive for mobile gaming.
    If PL were a competitive game it would certainly be wise to employ a season pass, but it’s never been anything like that. Since the game is a PvE game the prevailing wisdom is to stay F2P but with micro trans (methods that have evolved over the last ten years; not the stuff we used back in the days when we were among the very first ‘free’ titles). In fact I’m starting to favor a hybrid approach - what I call an “Event Pass” system that takes the things that work for Fortnite and applies them to our style of MMO. Purpose of this is to make a profitable business that still offers a consistent platform for committed non-payers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com