Quote Originally Posted by Vapourised View Post
One thing I will say for PL2.

I think it would be a good idea if the graphics are not overdone. AL graphics seems perfectly fine. No need to make it better than that and increase development costs imo.

Why do I say this?

Most of the biggest hyped MMOs in history got ruined this way. They thought their plays wanted super duper fancy graphics so invested too much resources into it.
This had 2 consequences:

1) Good state of the art graphics are expensive. The heavy costs of development now need to be repaid by players needing to spend huge amounts. Often the developers had no choice but to introduce massive pay to win/play features and force loot boxes in ur face (more often than not these have really low chance of desirable items). Then of course players quit.

People want good solid gameplay even if that means not top notch graphics. We can settle for 'decent'.

2) Not much resources left to polish up other aspects of the game like story, gameplay etc.

Just thought I would quickly add this. This is just what I've seen. Take it with a grain of salt perhaps.
I concur. Please take this in the humorous spirit it is intended: the graphics need to be basic enough that 're-coloring' is a thing :-)