Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: Journeyman set tour of arlor part II

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    1,235
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    185
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    112
    Thanked in
    75 Posts

    Default Journeyman set tour of arlor part II

    Is there a method we all can put our heads together to find a better way for us players to receive the vanity faster? We’ve waited 6 weeks for it already and to be honest it would be a bummer if we had to wait another 2 weeks or even longer to receive it.

    I was thinking while still doing spread sheet number 2 you could possibly check player by player if they completed all of the 6 week challenges. Kinda like multi tasking but let me know.

    P.s Rem and Futu, you’re two are the best. no really

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Tackled For This Useful Post:

    Hel

  3. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    201
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    5
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    13
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

    Default

    That’s what the spread sheet is there for, they’re checking it for everyone

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Undershooting For This Useful Post:


  5. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    1,235
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    185
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    112
    Thanked in
    75 Posts

    Default Journeyman set tour of arlor part II

    Quote Originally Posted by Undershooting View Post
    That’s what the spread sheet is there for, they’re checking it for everyone
    Week at a time. That’s why there’s only two weeks up

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Tackled; 10-17-2020 at 11:46 AM.

  6. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    181
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    9
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tackled View Post
    Is there a method we all can put our heads together to find a better way for us players to receive the vanity faster? We’ve waited 6 weeks for it already and to be honest it would be a bummer if we had to wait another 2 weeks or even longer to receive it.

    I was thinking while still doing spread sheet number 2 you could possibly check player by player if they completed all of the 6 week challenges. Kinda like multi tasking but let me know.

    P.s Rem and Futu, you’re two are the best. no really
    +1 I think it would be a better idea, see how many players from the first week finished every week properly and made the vanity received more faster. At this rate we will receive the vanity the next year

    Enviado desde mi Redmi Note 8 Pro mediante Tapatalk
    Last edited by crackdown; 10-17-2020 at 12:45 PM.

  7. #5
    Guardian of Alterra Zeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    San Diego, California
    Posts
    25,198
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2,630
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    5,851
    Thanked in
    2,937 Posts

    Default

    They're doing this for free and it requires man power - when it's done, it'll be done.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

  8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:


  9. #6
    Senior Member Titanium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Gotham
    Posts
    2,223
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    352
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    765
    Thanked in
    362 Posts

    Default

    If you guys wanted to help, you could actually spend some time to read the rules before posting. I've seen so many incomplete posts.

    Minimized screenshots, no titles , no names, maps posted in no particular order, missing loot. etc and all of that takes time.

  10. #7
    Senior Member ThreadPolice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Paradise Pier, where all merchers are :P
    Posts
    1,610
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    75
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    140
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tackled View Post
    Is there a method we all can put our heads together to find a better way for us players to receive the vanity faster? We’ve waited 6 weeks for it already and to be honest it would be a bummer if we had to wait another 2 weeks or even longer to receive it.

    I was thinking while still doing spread sheet number 2 you could possibly check player by player if they completed all of the 6 week challenges. Kinda like multi tasking but let me know.

    P.s Rem and Futu, you’re two are the best. no really
    Be patient...


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A dream does not become reality through magic; it takes sweat, determination and hard work.

  11. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    1,235
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    185
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    112
    Thanked in
    75 Posts

    Default Journeyman set tour of arlor part II

    Quote Originally Posted by Titanium View Post
    If you guys wanted to help, you could actually spend some time to read the rules before posting. I've seen so many incomplete posts.

    Minimized screenshots, no titles , no names, maps posted in no particular order, missing loot. etc and all of that takes time.
    Woah buddy you’re coming at the wrong person look at my post and tell me what you see wrong. I’m not “you guys” and if I wanted to help I would volunteer my free time to help it’s no biggie. Patience patience patience okay


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Tackled; 10-18-2020 at 08:07 AM.

  12. #9
    Senior Member Titanium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Gotham
    Posts
    2,223
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    352
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    765
    Thanked in
    362 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tackled View Post
    Woah buddy you’re coming at the wrong person look at my post and tell me what you see wrong. I’m not “you guys” and if I wanted to help I would volunteer my free time to help it’s no biggie. Patience patience patience okay


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I was not referring to you. I have seen some posts today... sweet mother of Christ. I wouldn't want to be Remiem.

  13. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    54
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    22
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

    Default

    Automatize!

    Create an application which:
    - scrapes images from each entry
    - looks for duplicates from all entries of the players
    - maybe even will check if each picture has the secret word (like Haunt) in it and if not it warns for manual check for word of entry
    - automatizes the writing into the spreadsheet if the entry is valid
    - then with a button click you can check the next entry
    Last edited by Proud_; 10-18-2020 at 06:41 PM.

  14. #11
    Guardian of Alterra Zeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    San Diego, California
    Posts
    25,198
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2,630
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    5,851
    Thanked in
    2,937 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Proud_ View Post
    Automatize!

    Create an application which:
    - scrapes images from each entry
    - looks for duplicates from all entries of the players
    - maybe even will check if each picture has the secret word (like Haunt) in it and if not it warns for manual check for word of entry
    - automatizes the writing into the spreadsheet if the entry is valid
    - then with a button click you can check the next entry
    Yeah, but Remiem is doing it. I suggested the same. The last time I checked, Remiem isn't a developer unless someone wants to write her a program that does just that.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

  15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:


  16. #12
    Member Hel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    190
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    159
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    43
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tackled View Post
    Is there a method we all can put our heads together to find a better way for us players to receive the vanity faster? We’ve waited 6 weeks for it already and to be honest it would be a bummer if we had to wait another 2 weeks or even longer to receive it.

    I was thinking while still doing spread sheet number 2 you could possibly check player by player if they completed all of the 6 week challenges. Kinda like multi tasking but let me know.

    P.s Rem and Futu, you’re two are the best. no really
    Remember that there are a lot of players and it takes a long time to count, but the solution for vanitys to be delivered faster is simple, counting backwards, count the last week, those who posted in the last are the ones who completed every week, after checking the IGN of the last week looking for each nick in the past weeks, those who did everything correctly are able to receive it.

  17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hel For This Useful Post:


  18. #13
    Forum Adept
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    330
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hel View Post
    Remember that there are a lot of players and it takes a long time to count, but the solution for vanitys to be delivered faster is simple, counting backwards, count the last week, those who posted in the last are the ones who completed every week, after checking the IGN of the last week looking for each nick in the past weeks, those who did everything correctly are able to receive it.
    +++++11111

    Enviado desde mi Redmi Note 8 Pro mediante Tapatalk

  19. #14
    Senior Member Encryptions's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Many places.
    Posts
    2,835
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    81
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    980
    Thanked in
    536 Posts

    Default

    Over 500 people post 10+ screen shots a week. That is over 5000 screenshots per week to look at, over 500 names to list down, over 500 individual points to spread apart and more. Scll alone posted 4000 in 1 week. I wouldn't be surprised if this was delayed til March or later.

  20. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    181
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    9
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Encryptions View Post
    Over 500 people post 10+ screen shots a week. That is over 5000 screenshots per week to look at, over 500 names to list down, over 500 individual points to spread apart and more. Scll alone posted 4000 in 1 week. I wouldn't be surprised if this was delayed til March or later.
    that can be solved quickly, with just one run that a person has run well counts for vanity then the people who have done every week from start to finish They get the vanity, and then for those who ran a lot of times in a week to get the prizes of the top5 can continue waiting for the remiem to finish checking all the weeks. All happy, those who only participated for the vanity and those who participated for the weekly awards.

    Enviado desde mi Redmi Note 8 Pro mediante Tapatalk
    Last edited by crackdown; 10-20-2020 at 09:59 AM.

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to crackdown For This Useful Post:


  22. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    1,235
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    185
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    112
    Thanked in
    75 Posts

    Default Journeyman set tour of arlor part II

    Quote Originally Posted by crackdown View Post
    that can be solved quickly, with just one run that a person has run well counts for vanity then the people who have done every week from start to finish They get the vanity, and then for those who ran a lot of times in a week to get the prizes of the top5 can continue waiting for the remiem to finish checking all the weeks. All happy, those who only participated for the vanity and those who participated for the weekly awards.

    Enviado desde mi Redmi Note 8 Pro mediante Tapatalk
    Where there’s a will there’s a way! There is a way to hand the vanity out faster speeding up the process for it. And the tally’s for guild rewards and individuals will be resolved separately
    Last edited by Tackled; 10-20-2020 at 10:09 AM.

Similar Threads

  1. About Tour of Arlor
    By Deathlyreaper in forum AL General Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-28-2020, 08:09 PM
  2. Tour of Arlor
    By Prabsimar Chhabra in forum AL Technical Issues and Bugs
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-11-2020, 08:38 AM
  3. Tour of Arlor
    By Prabsimar Chhabra in forum AL General Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-09-2020, 11:24 PM
  4. Regarding Tour Of Arlor
    By RedeZy in forum AL General Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-07-2020, 08:55 AM
  5. Tour of Arlor
    By Drae12 in forum AL General Discussion
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-27-2020, 10:58 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •