Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Halloween 2020 Event Guide

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    345 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    Sounds reasonable to me. Easy to make it 2X the current points payout (resulting in up to 3K per run)... but considering how quickly folks can run the Manor, it may need to be even higher. Lemme know your thoughts as we'll be digging into this in a few minutes ;-)
    I have a meeting soon so I wasn't able to extensively compare the two maps, but from what I see 3k points would be a far more reasonable amount, but still not as much as Manor. I would personally opt for 4200 points or so based on the time it takes to complete Castle compared to Manor.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Dolloway For This Useful Post:

3.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #62
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,157 Posts

I think I've found a happy medium and will be publishing the change shortly.

Thanks for all the great feedback! :-)
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cinco For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Can you add the Grey alien set to the vendor at the end of the event purchasable only with platinum?

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Naldotrex For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    I think I've found a happy medium and will be publishing the change shortly.

Thanks for all the great feedback! :-)
    Can we get more xp orbs

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to holdmytalons For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sheugokin View Post
    I usually don't post anymore on forums, but Flam please, in the future, consider your word choice and your tone. I can tell from the vanities that Cinco and his team poured in many hours to create these vanities. You can see that the designs were original and not a recoloring of previous vanities. The chainsaw has a moving chain. The UFO is detailed. Therefore, simply not getting what you want makes you sound like a petulant child, especially when you have worded your complaint as you have and when you consider Cinco's large efforts for unique content. "Shut it down" you say. "Actual good vanity" you say. "Double your profit margins" you say. As I read and reread those statements, I am infuriated for Cinco and his team. Have some decency and gratefulness.

Edit: Additional thoughts
    Fr this event looks great then we get whiny flam and golem crying kuz they dont get their way

10. The Following User Says Thank You to holdmytalons For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Could we get more daily/weekly/event quests? E.g. Stun Warlock 100 times/1,000 times. Reward 10 crate keys/500 tokens. Or something like that? Same thing with killing and spawning Kruds maybe? Would be cool if we could also get Achievement+Title for Stunning Warlock like 1,000/10,000 times, and killing Krud 1,000/10,000 times. Since this seems to be a reoccuring event, the progress could translate to future Halloween events.
    It's nice to have small achievements along the way(imo), that are not tied to luck based drops. Or the vendor reward in two long weeks time.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Tpfelblatt For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by holdmytalons View Post
    Fr this event looks great then we get whiny flam and golem crying kuz they dont get their way
    Speaking out for everyone in-game who doesn’t want to comment it on forums..... it’s like forums is a whole different player base sometimes and it’s sad. Proof from other sts players on all their games, cinco can’t run a game without making everything include some type of platinum items. So why not add old items back and raise the price? People on pocket legends spend hundreds for some reason so it makes sense to double his profit and bring back old vanity. Unless of course there is something we don’t know. He even says game is 10 years old so he has nothing to lose, he will just gain more money for his company. I’m from 2018 and feel like you “oldgens” just locked in fr fr
    Last edited by Flambladom; 10-24-2020 at 01:59 PM. Reason: Error

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Its called monetization. Its how they keep the lights on. Its how the game remains to be free to play. You dont have to spend money to obtain anything that people ARE spending to get. Just use gold in the Auction House...............

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Devaux For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    388 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Flambladom View Post
    Speaking out for everyone in-game who doesn’t want to comment it on forums..... it’s like forums is a whole different player base sometimes and it’s sad. Proof from other sts players on all their games, cinco can’t run a game without making everything include some type of platinum items. So why not add old items back and raise the price? People on pocket legends spend hundreds for some reason so it makes sense to double his profit and bring back old vanity. Unless of course there is something we don’t know. He even says game is 10 years old so he has nothing to lose, he will just gain more money for his company. I’m from 2018 and feel like you “oldgens” just locked in fr fr
    Sure, I may disagree with you on bringing back items, but I can accept our differences. I have problems with your approach. Framing your perspective the way that you do is downright rude and unnecessary. Telling someone to shut down an event just because you and others don't get what you want is inconsiderate towards people who like/wanted this event.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sheugokin For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Well said

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Cashmoneybaby For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

Let me highlight this. "I’m from 2018 and feel like you “oldgens” just locked in fr fr". You wasn't here to personally experience the 2016 updates that made every account bounded and character bound items tradable. You wasn't here to see a large portion of the games active playbase completely quit, and I'm not talking no 2-30 people. I'm talking hundreds. If you were to join any major guild that has existed pre 2016 you'd see many of the inactive players were last seen some 1,460-1,790 days ago, which puts them around the time the 2016 updates came.

There is no reason why the devs would want to go through this again. Cinco has already made it clear that BD isn't coming back. This should apply to all vanities and items that are not cyled to return.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to MageFFA For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Sure, I may disagree with you on bringing back items, but I can accept our differences. I have problems with your approach. Framing your perspective the way that you do is downright rude and unnecessary. Telling someone to shut down an event just because you and others don't get what you want is inconsiderate towards people who like/wanted this event.
    Quote Originally Posted by MageFFA View Post
    Let me highlight this. "I’m from 2018 and feel like you “oldgens” just locked in fr fr". You wasn't here to personally experience the 2016 updates that made every account bounded and character bound items tradable. You wasn't here to see a large portion of the games active playbase completely quit, and I'm not talking no 2-30 people. I'm talking hundreds. If you were to join any major guild that has existed pre 2016 you'd see many of the inactive players were last seen some 1,460-1,790 days ago, which puts them around the time the 2016 updates came.

There is no reason why the devs would want to go through this again. Cinco has already made it clear that BD isn't coming back. This should apply to all vanities and items that are not cyled to return.
    Old vanity returning will not kill the game, it will bring more active players. An item like BD would have players rolling to buy or farm. If the rarest item was coming back you think 50% would quit? People have been wanting old vanity for years just look at the shores event, IÂ’ve actually seen more than 2 full towns at once..... This would obviously decrease black market and increase his paycheck at the same time

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

No one is framing anyone this is all facts. You guys on forums are here telling cinco these events are amazing. Dark hollow event we told cinco what we wanted and he failed to bargain. Once again we lost players but look at the shores event, we gained more active players and it was actually a decent event. Now cinco said this Halloween event was going to be big and it’s 20 minutes of content(unless playing all day to reach leaderboard). Everyone wanted the Halloween event but since it’s aimed for people who buy sets with plat and sell for gold we might as well get the most requested, old vanity. It’s either earn tokens all day everyday to get maybe 1 set or pay platinum.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Because STS also care about their reputation. The promise they made years ago was to never bring certain stuff back. Why would we ever want to grind for exlusive rare stuff ever again if we know they will be brought back? Take the halloween banners. Why grind for top 25 or top 10 if you know that STS has a reputation for bringing hard earned vanities back? This means people stop spending due to lack of trust. Also this would destroy STS's monetization.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Vapourised For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Also pretty sure Cinco knows more than you buddy. If he says no to stuff returning, there's a good reason.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Devaux View Post
    Its called monetization. Its how they keep the lights on. Its how the game remains to be free to play. You dont have to spend money to obtain anything that people ARE spending to get. Just use gold in the Auction House...............
    The game is free to play but not free to get what you want. The average new player won’t even try to get money or will end up scamming to earn money or black market. You can’t get rich without an event running and the only good items that can be worth profit are the items that are worth platinum. I mean it’s like 80% on forums are clueless..... on YouTube even is see all these complaints and reviews and even calling out the company about how they release content. It’s a big shame, I hear everything and come on forums to get some better content since it’s pay to win and people are saying it’s ok. Only on forums......

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Vapourised View Post
    Because STS also care about their reputation. The promise they made years ago was to never bring certain stuff back. Why would we ever want to grind for exlusive rare stuff ever again if we know they will be brought back? Take the halloween banners. Why grind for top 25 or top 10 if you know that STS has a reputation for bringing hard earned vanities back? This means people stop spending due to lack of trust. Also this would destroy STS's monetization.
    He turns all these seasonal events into leaderboard competitions. Literally if you don’t play everyday and most of the day you won’t get any rare item. If sts cares about their reputation they would lower plat prices, actually listen to what we want, add more less boring content that will keep players happy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

Old vanity returning will not kill the game, it will bring more active players. An item like BD would have players rolling to buy or farm. If the rarest item was coming back you think 50% would quit? People have been wanting old vanity for years just look at the shores event, IÂ’ve actually seen more than 2 full towns at once..... This would obviously decrease black market and increase his paycheck at the same time
    You did not read what i said. The first 4 sentences that i wrote is exactly what happened. This conversation wasn't just about BD. Golem is pushing for far more items to be brought back. Doing any of this would sink the economy equally as hard as the death of PvE did.

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MageFFA For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

The game is free to play but not free to get what you want. The average new player won’t even try to get money or will end up scamming to earn money or black market. You can’t get rich without an event running and the only good items that can be worth profit are the items that are worth platinum. I mean it’s like 80% on forums are clueless..... on YouTube even is see all these complaints and reviews and even calling out the company about how they release content. It’s a big shame, I hear everything and come on forums to get some better content since it’s pay to win and people are saying it’s ok. Only on forums......
    A new player isn't going to thrive in this game even if you brought everything back. Fixing PvE is the utmost focus if you truly care about this game continuing to exist in the near future. Yet you can't fix PvE if you don't have a stable PvP community. This game revolves around PvP after all.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to MageFFA For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    388 Posts

No one is framing anyone this is all facts. You guys on forums are here telling cinco these events are amazing. Dark hollow event we told cinco what we wanted and he failed to bargain. Once again we lost players but look at the shores event, we gained more active players and it was actually a decent event. Now cinco said this Halloween event was going to be big and it’s 20 minutes of content(unless playing all day to reach leaderboard). Everyone wanted the Halloween event but since it’s aimed for people who buy sets with plat and sell for gold we might as well get the most requested, old vanity. It’s either earn tokens all day everyday to get maybe 1 set or pay platinum.
    Again, I'm not arguing that your argument is baseless. I am turned off (and I'm sure Cinco is too) by the way you present your argument. That's all I have to say. Hope you understand.