Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Halloween 2020 Event Guide

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MageFFA View Post
    A new player isn't going to thrive in this game even if you brought everything back. Fixing PvE is the utmost focus if you truly care about this game continuing to exist in the near future. Yet you can't fix PvE if you don't have a stable PvP community. This game revolves around PvP after all.
    Fr only reason i ever pved was to pvp and the pvp lvls that were fun to play r dead so y waste time in thrax pveers farmed to sell loot to the pvpers theres a simple fix to this and we have already suggested it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    I think I've found a happy medium and will be publishing the change shortly.

Thanks for all the great feedback! :-)
    I got 34.4K for 1hr in castle and 18.2k 30min in manor ... both for 10plat(krud elixir).

These 2 dungeons are at opposite ends of the PVE spectrum and couldn’t be a better example of need for separate LBs. I’m hoping that by exploiting the “Warlockless” castle dungeon you mean players were countinuosly creating a new game to spawn one ... otherwise that update made no sense.
    Manor is a far more exploited dungeon than castle just simply because of the 4 other players on a team random or organized doesn’t matter ... the plat player is exploited.
    I love the SIMPLICITY of the plat Castle dungeon and think you have far more options to monetize that play style in PL2. For this mid-event update (hoping there is one) I think the rest the vanities that are for sale in the vendor now should be added to Castle loot table (if not already) in particular to the coffins to put them more in play or at the vary least add event points to the coffins. Also a 30min 5 plat castle dungeon would be an option at the current loot table settings. TY

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ImRandy For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

It's day 3 of event and less than 75 players total have hit gold tier.... i think the 500k points is a bit high.
    The casual player will be lucky to hit bronze tier and they have no hope in he'll to hit gold tier.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to P u r e For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

just seems like the majority of us get punished for those few who continuously macro and present false playtime data to the developers, gold tier doesn't feel achievable at its current threshold for the casual player nor is it incentivized to go for LB because there is never complete certainty that you are not just playing against someones macro and to top it off being made to pay for your own rewards never leaves a good taste in anyones mouth lol, I hope STS reconsiders how the event works and what they call a prize or reward item
    Last edited by _Reunited_; 10-25-2020 at 04:17 PM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to _Reunited_ For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

It's actually the same threshold as last year's Halloween event.
    500,000 isn't as high as you think
    950pts in Halloween manor let's say it takes you 1minute per run
    then it will only take 8hrs and 46minutes to reach gold tier. That doesn't sound impossible in a 14 days event.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Anybody know how much roughly the fire angel set is going to cost if I hit gold tier? Need to know so I can save up the gold ready for it xD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    388 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by _Reunited_ View Post
    just seems like the majority of us get punished for those few who continuously macro and present false playtime data to the developers, gold tier doesn't feel achievable at its current threshold for the casual player nor is it incentivized to go for LB because there is never complete certainty that you are not just playing against someones macro and to top it off being made to pay for your own rewards never leaves a good taste in anyones mouth lol, I hope STS reconsiders how the event works and what they call a prize or reward item
    Quote Originally Posted by Endpoints View Post
    It's actually the same threshold as last year's Halloween event.
    500,000 isn't as high as you think
    950pts in Halloween manor let's say it takes you 1minute per run
    then it will only take 8hrs and 46minutes to reach gold tier. That doesn't sound impossible in a 14 days event.
    Actually from my farming group, we reached 500 k in just over 4 hours. The point being: 500k is totally attainable as Endpoints has noted.

Also, if there was suspected macroing happening during this event, I hope Cinco can see right through it. I can assure you though that most, if not all, people at the top 10 are not macroing. We are grinding hard.

From the past and from what I can remember, the only notorious case(s) of macroing is from the gold farming events. Many of these leaderboard farm events have been quite okay.
    Last edited by Sheugokin; 10-26-2020 at 08:36 AM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Sheugokin For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Guys i would like to ask you guys something will the mythic set be purchased by gold or purchased by platinums?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hjable View Post

I was looking for holloween hunter exlir that let minion summon krud. Kill krud and he most the time summon a portal shop that u calico on that sells hemi weapons, qtr weapon, and crate keys!!!

Guys and it’s worth opening cheats in the map now because some are loaded with good stuff!!
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah your right about that he summon that portal so much and when he drop the twink items like 10 reaper but it’s like lvl 100 and. Its not even twink item. Twink items are stronger (make your char ready for pvp or killing monsters at your level really easy if there not geared.

Twink items equal pvp item or really good pve items vs monsters for that level. So if we’re going to call them twink item they gotta be good at something. I blew a lot of plats summoning that guy then gave up and bought plat items.

I do wounder if we ran this event on level say 10 would the monster have drop level 10 items?
    Most of the items need stat buff but instead of calling them twink item I would have just said the return of some last event favorite items to finish your looks.

I was max level getting level 100 drops and just assume there still just dropping random level items

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

Default Halloween 2020 Event Guide

Quote Originally Posted by Flambladom View Post
    The game is free to play but not free to get what you want. The average new player won’t even try to get money or will end up scamming to earn money or black market. You can’t get rich without an event running and the only good items that can be worth profit are the items that are worth platinum. I mean it’s like 80% on forums are clueless..... on YouTube even is see all these complaints and reviews and even calling out the company about how they release content. It’s a big shame, I hear everything and come on forums to get some better content since it’s pay to win and people are saying it’s ok. Only on forums......
    Well this I disagree with and this is why. Best items in the game or what dextra or something pet / sapphire set for farming /ugly seater / new wolf moon light set. And all these items that I can remeber were obtainable even for non plat players.

The ugly sweater you have to farm you just need to farm non stop like crazy on a Christmas event which I hope will continue ever year. The other items are form event but you could use event points(in game currency)to buy the item. Or you could buy the non tradable version with plats.

I don’t think the problem players are having is obtaining the items I think the problem is some are upset not having the tradable version they can sell for gold.. no one even have to spend plats($$$) to open crates any more cause now there is crate keys which mean u can now get any item that a plat player can get without spending one buck.( I get it people still wanna say oh but 50 plat keys cause 5m——you can farm like 1-3m or more a hour with good gold farming gear at max level. And then still find another reason to complain like they say “but why should I have to farm plat players don’t. ) regardless how much plat /non plat player give feedback to make it fair some players will never be Satisfied.

So with that in mind say everyone got the tradable pet for free after a event like they did Barkley’s after dark hollow. I was so up set cause I spent so much time farming recipe and gold buying these pets then they just give us all extra free. The exact pet(not recovers eyes or leafs not different name exactly the same!!!! Not even non tradable.(you should get something cause u like it—???. (No not in that case cause I could have did the event on char I wanna level or max on 3 alts char and got ever single item after event in a day work. People on one account would have had to farm the whole time in hope to be able to craft them.

Now I do not even chance wasting to much time farming any event if they give the same reward as what we farm for free.

Dark hollow events was one of the best(as fun to play), up there with gaulet but dark hollow was missing the most important thing and that was a super rare item loot.

This event is cool just which there was more monsters scattered and more chest to break
    And a hard mode that is for really good and geared player that drop some new unique upgrades gear
    Last edited by Hjable; 10-26-2020 at 01:01 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Fritzlright View Post
    Anybody know how much roughly the fire angel set is going to cost if I hit gold tier? Need to know so I can save up the gold ready for it xD
    I dont think is gonna costa gold is probably plats

Enviado desde mi joyasz6580_we_l mediante Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

What would make these type event far more compelling is a true individual PVE competition, and a LB that reflected an individual score. Right now the LB only reflects group scores ... a player interested in the thrill of a completion is really playing for 10th instead of 11th place or 50th verse 51st.
    At some point the groups have to break ranks if they want to know who really wins number 1 spot ... but there’s no incentive for that. If you could design it to score these events individually while playing in groups, that would force a competition and be far more compelling,

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Not related to the thread and I appreciate everything Cinco has done but......

When will this game stop focusing so much on PVE?
    Killing computer generated bots for 8 hrs a day isn't anyone's idea of fun.
    A pvp event down the line is where it should be at.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Vapourised For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Vapourised View Post
    Not related to the thread and I appreciate everything Cinco has done but......

When will this game stop focusing so much on PVE?
    Killing computer generated bots for 8 hrs a day isn't anyone's idea of fun.
    A pvp event down the line is where it should be at.
    Bruh fr and always event make the LB pve broke as hell ...you cinco need do a lb for "pve event" and one for normal "pve"
    And im stilll waiting for a PVE&PVP season weekly or whatever
    Last edited by Hardrush; 10-27-2020 at 08:55 AM.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Hardrush For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

You get event points for just showing up in the dungeon ... that’s what I mean ... same as “leeching” exp in pve.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Pvp is way too unfair depending the region because of The ping, a Philippines guy cant really beat an equal powerful and skilled american guy. Maybe they should work on a different kind pf pve not that repetitive, or with cathegories. Something other than repeat The same thing over and over again, but OC that requires time so we as players should be comprehensive and stop pushing. And besides, pvp should be only honor tbh, but i can see lots of guys complaining already, maybe a PvP honor with raised speed, i hate that about PvP, and con The freaking warlock dungeon too.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PockytheOG View Post
    Pvp is way too unfair depending the region because of The ping, a Philippines guy cant really beat an equal powerful and skilled american guy. Maybe they should work on a different kind pf pve not that repetitive, or with cathegories. Something other than repeat The same thing over and over again, but OC that requires time so we as players should be comprehensive and stop pushing. And besides, pvp should be only honor tbh, but i can see lots of guys complaining already, maybe a PvP honor with raised speed, i hate that about PvP, and con The freaking warlock dungeon too.

Honor sucks 100 sets are just who hits buttons faster gotta be braindead if u think thats skill
    Last edited by holdmytalons; 10-27-2020 at 07:57 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by holdmytalons View Post
    Honor sucks 100 sets are just who hits buttons faster gotta be braindead if u think thats skill
    That's something that someone without real pvp skills would say XD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Listen good buddy^

Most games nowadays are based on pvp. Why else do you think MOBAs are on the rise and the MMO genre is dying? Because more people are interested in fighting other players and improving their skill. I wish PL could revolve around PVP more or even entirely.

PVE could only ever be great if there was a good storyline and it was challenging. The sad truth is that PVE in PL has neither. If you want a true PVE experience, PL is not where you want to go. There's plenty of brilliant offline games like Xenoblade Chronicles which is open world and has hard monsters as well as an enriching story with cutscenes. That's PVE for you.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Vapourised For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Shshhshshshshshhshshshsh The pure true