Thread: Guide to making money for new people

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Default Guide to making money for new people

Ok now u see a level 60+ walking around and u kind of envy him a bit. U want money, well ima tell u straight up how to get it. From a high level's point of view, I cant stand when levels 15 and below ask me for money. Now im not being mean but there are ways to making money for new people. Now if u heard of merching completly drop that from ur mind. New guys will get killed in the merching world. The best way to get the dough is to earn it in the dungeons aka the proving grounds. In there is where u earn ur respect and develop ur game. Ur game may be different from other peoples game. Power levelers are ur enemy if ur new. Play with others ur level. When u first start out u shape ur play style and ur charactor for the rest of the game. Also dont by ANYTHING at the beginning of the game. The beginning goes by so fast u dont need to waste ur money. im an expirienced PL player and in my mind I always think" im gonna always level up" so there is no need to waste cash on items that u would only resell for a lower cost because u will gain no profit. I have this one charactor called Legiito, who is level 61(could have been at least level 65 now but I stopped leveling him) I used him to find ways of making money while also learning the ways of the avian. Before u can make the money as I said before learn ur charactor and also research from other players guides. Learning ur charactor will give u the skills of knowing combos and other little tricky stuff to being able to clear a dungeon faster which means more gold in ur pocket. Live of ur drops and be patient. The money will come and u will have a level 66 in no time also

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to -_-Legiito For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    181 Posts

Erg I dont have anymore thanks.

But yeah, I agree 100% on this for any game.
    Once you hold someone's hand through a dungeon, they will never let go.
    Its like feeding a stray dog that comes back constantly.
    I couldnt feel more similar toward this subject.
    I know it is tough starting out new,
    But the best players learned and earned for themselves.
    I didn't have anyone to walk me through pl, I lvled to 55 all on my own.(back whn 56 was cap)
    Hehe I know I didnt get 373000+ kills asking for help either, I took those kills myself.

I would rather learn the hard way than be power leveled or begging for everything.
    I like how power leveling pass lvl10 isnt aloud for Ambassadors.(the new-ish noob helping people.)
    Last edited by ArtStar; 03-26-2012 at 12:45 AM.
    A true Star Legend...
    |SL: Eng-Artstar, Op-Demoneyes, Comm-Skullflower|

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Lol I hate power levelers (no offense), back when cap was 50 is when i started, made it to 50 right before it changed to 55 lol, I had to learn everything on my own, no begging, no scamming just straight up leveling and farming. My bear doesn't have a huge amount of kills (almost 25k) and a little more deaths than I want (almost 2k) but I now have the ability to march into a dungeon pull into a corner with a special combo i learned and keep aggro while my team blasts the Jesus out of them. I'm not the richest player or the best, but everything i know is from first hand experience and all my items are from farming and selling like crazy to have something worth keeping. Thank you for this nice thread.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Everyone is in too much of a hurry. Once they get to the top, there will be nothing to do. The trip is more fun that the destination, so people should just take their time and enjoy each level.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Ok so yesterday I made a bear.( 1st bear I want past lv17). I did some research from other people's guides and im using some of the skills they stated but putting my own personality in it. Also when I meant research from guides I mean no the mind set of ur charactor and not to copy off skills. For example if ur a bird and u like how pure dex sounds, look at how others play and take note on how u would use certain skills. I have seen lots of new players reach level 50+ but I also watched as new ppl would come in and level to 23 but after that the quit with the reason "level 66 is too hard to make". Sit back and enjoy.wat PL or SL has to offer!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

i was farming sandstone when it first came out with apostel and now im all the way to 66
    btw when i was farming i didnt think rage was necessary

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Good advice allround. Though you may want to temper the generic 'hate' towards powerlevellers.

I levelled my first toon all the way up to 65 without elixers and got 'hooked' during my run to 66.
    Being a father of two kids, a busy job and social life and little time to play; sometimes you want to reach a goal and do not have the time...
    When I wanted to develop some alts at specific levels to play around there, I did'n hesitate to take an elixer hit for those guys from the start...
    There I was, running a level 6 toon on 4x combo. Wow, that levelled fast... but it got me to the 'sweet spot' levels where I wanted to play (where I killed XP gain to just languish in those maps) and perfect my skills...

In short, I wholly agree that it is wise for beginners to simply learn the ropes and play around the levels fully exploring your powers/skills as and when you get them, experimenting with gear and combo's etc. But also understand that not every low level toon running high on trasher is by definition some useless noob powerlevelling to the top to get rich (and bored) quick...