Thread: Plat sets?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Thumbs up Plat sets?

Ok i see many people buying these purple plat sets at max level from the store, and using them as an alternative to fang sets (since they're so expensive), but i want to know if i plan on buying one which is the best out of dex/int for a dex/int bird and bear at level 65? I have tons of plat atm and can get a ton more so getting 2-3 sets for my alts is no prob, but idk where to start, they don't give a set bonus so should i mix and match? Also should I just get one type of set or get one for tanking/surviving and one for more dmg? Someone please post your thoughts on these if you've used them and tell me what you think! Thanks

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Coltona For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

not as expensive as your making them out to be...and what are these purple sets you talk of? did you mean green? my personal opinion is just buy a dead or vampyr set. million times better than plat sets...I regret wasting 10 plat on a bow and leather...thought they were actually of use.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to OvigorothO For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by OvigorothO View Post
    not as expensive as your making them out to be...and what are these purple sets you talk of? did you mean green? my personal opinion is just buy a dead or vampyr set. million times better than plat sets...I regret wasting 10 plat on a bow and leather...thought they were actually of use.
    Hm i mean purple as in their name, but yes the items themselves appear green on your char. And wow they're cheaper than I thought lol but a 4 piece set is 25 plat and if i buy 2 that's 50 lol so it could get expensive, but I do see a downside to not needing them once cap is raised and not being able to sell/get a refund on them.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Coltona For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

just buy the sets that are under 100k gold. way better. they have more armor,crit,regen, hit, and then the green armor has like 3 more dps and damage. the lack of mana regen is disgusting.....for some reason I have noticed u can distinguish how good gear is by the regen it provides. this system is like 97% accurate.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to OvigorothO For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Well, I use the green bow on one of my 66 toons, cause the rest of its set has enough hp and mana regeneration.
    Don't u know that some people prefer the plat weapons for pvp

I say, try the different sets, mix match them and see what suits you best.
    Of course the sets are all cool with their set bonuses and the flames or sparkles xD

P.S. Is there really a lvl65 set under 100k? o.O
    Last edited by Bebsi; 04-16-2012 at 07:09 PM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Bebsi For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

I bought the plat set because I didn't have a lot of gold, but I did have plat from tapjoy offers lol. Since I'm still under lvl 65, the sets are way more expensive at lvls 61 and 63. I didn't want to wear the trash drops either, I just got a plat set and I like it (green is a great color). You're already 65, so listen to the others and buy vampyr/dead items because they're not that expensive.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by OvigorothO View Post
    just buy the sets that are under 100k gold. way better. they have more armor,crit,regen, hit, and then the green armor has like 3 more dps and damage. the lack of mana regen is disgusting.....for some reason I have noticed u can distinguish how good gear is by the regen it provides. this system is like 97% accurate.
    Alright thanks for the input.

Quote Originally Posted by Bebsi View Post
    Well, I use the green bow on one of my 66 toons, cause the rest of its set has enough hp and mana regeneration.
    Don't u know that some people prefer the plat weapons for pvp

I say, try the different sets, mix match them and see what suits you best.
    Of course the sets are all cool with their set bonuses and the flames or sparkles xD

P.S. Is there really a lvl65 set under 100k? o.O
    Hm well I don't pvp lol and like all the L65 sets (premium anyways) are under 10mil (barely) but the non premium are around 100k

Quote Originally Posted by Windwaiker View Post
    I bought the plat set because I didn't have a lot of gold, but I did have plat from tapjoy offers lol. Since I'm still under lvl 65, the sets are way more expensive at lvls 61 and 63. I didn't want to wear the trash drops either, I just got a plat set and I like it (green is a great color). You're already 65, so listen to the others and buy vampyr/dead items because they're not that expensive.
    Nah i'm level 62 on my bear, and 60 on my bird, but i'm planning on the future since i'm going to grind to 65 quickly pretty soon, to farm some pinks hopefully and have an easier time doing so.

Thanks all for the input.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

I'd personally go with the non-premium 'regular' pink sets. The Dex set (Vampyr?) actually does more damage than Sanguine (non-crafted) set.
    You can pick these up dirt cheap. Besides, these you can sell back if they displease you or your character moved on once the new level cap is there...
    Plat bought items are unsellable/tradeable, so they are worthless to you once your character has moved on...