Thread: Repetitive bumping in the Traders Market section

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    334 Posts

Default Repetitive bumping in the Traders Market section

This may not be an issue for everyone, but I think its enough of a nuisance for me, and many others that it needs to be discussed.

The sticky note by mods tackling that repetitive bumping of threads is strictly prohibited, and may only do so once every 24hrs are either ignored or players turning a blind eye on it.

Thus, a handful of individuals constantly bumping their threads, pushing the rest at the bottom who do obey these forum rules.

How is it an issue?

The main issue, 'steals' potential buyers and sellers from others, as those buyers and sellers are now shifted towards those bumped threads that are on the top.

example:

- Seller A sells this first
    - Seller B sells the same thing, but constantly bumps thread.
    - Buyer C would see Seller B's post first, and is more likely to make the deal with B than A.

As for solutions, mods should penalize those who repetitively bump their threads as with the help of the community by reporting their threads. The only reason players turn a blind eye is because there is no action done.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

It doesn't matter if someone bumps it or not ,I tend to check all the offers for the day and then decide to buy the one which is
    1.cheap compared to other seller
    2.even if A and B prices are the same,I'll pm them both and the one who responds first gets the deal,simple as that.
    So why fret over bumps,as a buyer my only aim to get the desired item faster and cheaper

Sent from my SM-A505F using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    134 Posts

Same i check all thread. As a matter of fact, I usually dont buy from thread with too much traffic because it’s mostly gonna get sold to someone else

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    257 Posts

It doesnt matter because its not an auction. People tend to check multiple threads in the Traders section to get the bang for their buck.

And even if it was then that's not the fix for it. The viewing priority will always be to the player who posts last, which effectively will still cover your initial post

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    334 Posts

Good points, I'm convinced, thread closed

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,353 Posts

The sticky is there for a reason, sts is too short handed to police it . Those who abide by it, respect the rules. Some just think it’s open season on bumps xD GL!
    Avy
    12-2012

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    165 Posts

Honestly, as annoying as it can be(which isn't very annoying), it's a trading section. If you want the item, and are willing to pay, then get the item. If you're selling an item, and others have competing items, lower your price or whatever to suit your needs.

Depending on how petty you want to get, you could say that players from certain areas of the world are at a disadvantage considering the timezones of which they tend to make selling/buying threads. Certain times are hotspots of activity, and if you dont post then you are disadvantaged. You also would potentially exacerbate and open up people to faking offers to "legally" bump their threads.. Ect ect.

Lastly, is it such a problem that you are trying to enlist the community to police a trading subforum and take time away from the developers day to deal with it? I think you need to take a break from the game if that's logical to you.

Thanks though, i got a good chuckle after thinking about this for a few mins.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ilove_Poopoo View Post
    This may not be an issue for everyone, but I think its enough of a nuisance for me, and many others that it needs to be discussed.

The sticky note by mods tackling that repetitive bumping of threads is strictly prohibited, and may only do so once every 24hrs are either ignored or players turning a blind eye on it.

Thus, a handful of individuals constantly bumping their threads, pushing the rest at the bottom who do obey these forum rules.

How is it an issue?

The main issue, 'steals' potential buyers and sellers from others, as those buyers and sellers are now shifted towards those bumped threads that are on the top.

example:

- Seller A sells this first
    - Seller B sells the same thing, but constantly bumps thread.
    - Buyer C would see Seller B's post first, and is more likely to make the deal with B than A.

As for solutions, mods should penalize those who repetitively bump their threads as with the help of the community by reporting their threads. The only reason players turn a blind eye is because there is no action done.

Even tho i kinda understand your point, in market there is no first or last seller/buyer. There is only lower and higher price. Take example in real life, there isnt only Coca Cola cuz it was first, there is various cokes or similar products with different prices. And yeah this example kinda transcends to other stuff but i just wanted to give you examplecfrom top of my head. Thread bumping can be kinda annoying but you shouldnt punish people for it. Maybe there is a way to rework it a bit but i would rather devs to focus on overall gamepla and expansions than thread bumping