Thread: Which one is better?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Which one is better?

Ok so your facing a boss, and he kills you. The mage in the group is about to res you, but the boss is almost dead. Which is better, to respawn, or wait for the res?

And if you're at the beginning of the lvl, with the boss at the end, can you still get pinks?
    Renumoth damage pot spamming, 91 dodge, sexy shiv bear
    Tjornan super ultra pink carrying, rich pally Mokugoja Pretty lame twink really
    Phoenix Guild. Rising From the Ashes
    "Im here to kick butt and drink milk. and i just finished my milk...." - ME

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Why would you respawn? You will still get a drop as long as you are in range even if you're dead. If you respawn you will likely be out of range for a drop. But why would you respawn anyway unless you're mage had died?
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6183&dateline=1275696  601
    Quote Originally Posted by conradin View Post
    To doubt Royce, is to doubt your sanity...
    Quote Originally Posted by TwinkTastical View Post
    Royce is right, You are WRONG. Live with it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

ive had times where i was dead, and i didnt get pinks. And most of the time, the mages were too busy fighting the boss, to trouble themselves with reviveing me
    Renumoth damage pot spamming, 91 dodge, sexy shiv bear
    Tjornan super ultra pink carrying, rich pally Mokugoja Pretty lame twink really
    Phoenix Guild. Rising From the Ashes
    "Im here to kick butt and drink milk. and i just finished my milk...." - ME

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tjornan View Post
    ive had times where i was dead, and i didnt get pinks. And most of the time, the mages were too busy fighting the boss, to trouble themselves with reviveing me
    Mages who want to stay alive will usually revive as soon as someone goes down, unfortunately there are some less than observant mages out there. Anyway, I don't think your chances are affected by being dead or alive. As long as the battle does not move away from your body, you might as well wait unless the spawn point is close enough you think you can make it back in time to finish the boss.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6183&dateline=1275696  601
    Quote Originally Posted by conradin View Post
    To doubt Royce, is to doubt your sanity...
    Quote Originally Posted by TwinkTastical View Post
    Royce is right, You are WRONG. Live with it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by tjornan View Post
    It all depends on the person playing the Mage... I believe in doing what your class is made for.... therefore my 1st priority is to the group and not kills.... if u are down, u get rex'ed but its up to you to choose to press the button or not.

It REALLY annoys me in a rush situation also... I'm so annoyed that I'm gonna do a new post for that right now... (crazy rant continued on new post)
    IGN: Inching

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default Annoying Mage players

I really believe that a Mage or any other player should play what their class is built for…. Case in point….

In a rush situation… I commonly see the mage run for dear life ahead of the pack as the bears are pulling and stomping.. why would you do that????

I am a pure Mage and in any map I can make it out alive without any pots… the first responsibility for a Mage is to the survivability of the group no? My eyes are glued on the status of the group before I kill mobs/bosses….. keeping health and buffs up for the group should be the first priority no??? Or am I stupid thinking this?

In a rush, if a mage runs behind the bears and keeps healing…. I find that no mob comes after me… ALSO, if I run past some players I can safely stand at the side while the last player runs past me and I just continuously heal everyone running past me… its very strange that the entire line of mobs also run past me without attacking me…. Then after the last one runs past, I move on… because all the mobs are after the bears in the front, I then again run past the bears and wait on the side healing / buffing…. Then repeat.

What is most annoying is another Mage in the group running like his a$$ is on fire and dies 20 times calling out for me to rez him…. Well I’m busy keeping my position in the rush and healing / buffing… when I run near you I will rez…..

Annoying…. The guys who know me in game always reserve a spot for me… rush or no rush because of how I play but just thought I would vent some beefs out here.
    IGN: Inching

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

Yeah, generally I wait until the item drops before I respawn, especially in the scenario you describe where the boss is about to be defeated. It surprises me that, when I'm the last one left and I'm taking the boss down while chugging heal pots, some people will respawn. I guess they don't know that they will get an item even if they are dead.

If the mage can take down the boss instead of throwing Rez, I understand, so long as she does it while I am in range. But she should throw the Rez, IMHO, because I will come up buffing and re-attacking.