Thread: Serious Question

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

Default Serious Question

I would like a moderator or any person who is in charge of the forum to answer this. Where should the "Price Check" threads go? I am making a whole thread to ask this because there is too much drama coming from an user just because he doesn't likes to see that kind of threads here in General Discussion. Of course there are many ways to avoid reading those threads like skipping them, but I guess some people doesn't understand that. So, I would like someone to answer the question I made at the beginning of this post, because there are no rules that state where they should go.
    Last edited by Saint Jaffo; 11-03-2020 at 12:10 PM. Reason: grammar

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    330 Posts

Price checks are literally just knowing the price of whatever item - the traders market houses thousands of discussions regarding the fluctuation of items throughout past sales.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ilove_Poopoo View Post
    Price checks are literally just knowing the price of whatever item - the traders market houses thousands of discussions regarding the fluctuation of items throughout past sales.

are you a forum moderator or something? No, right? Even tho, I respect your opinion and it's okay if you want to think that. But as long as there's no answer from someone who manages things around here, we can post them wherever we want.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    330 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Jaffo View Post
    are you a forum moderator or something? No, right? Even tho, I respect your opinion and it's okay if you want to think that. But as long as there's no answer from someone who manages things around here, we can post them wherever we want.
    No rule? What are sections for then? Should mods just merge all the sections to the general discussions? Since technically speaking, you could consider everything general from announcements to fanart so long as its about Al. You see what I mean?

In fact, the traders market encompasses thousands of discussions regarding the fluctuation of items throughout past sales, easily traceable by a search.

So, why must there be a need to use 2 sections (besides the tHeRes nO rULEs excuse) regarding items, that would only scatter and distribute info....Instead of normalizing and utilizing the traders market to further expand its database whilst compiled to one section?
    Last edited by Ilove_Poopoo; 11-03-2020 at 01:08 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

I personally feel like it should b in market. But dont know how other feel

Sent from my FLA-LX2 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MiruZetu View Post
    I personally feel like it should b in market. But dont know how other feel

Sent from my FLA-LX2 using Tapatalk
    I appreciate your comment, and thank you for the last part: "i don't know how others feel."
    I hope a moderator can answer us to stop drama from other players :/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    418 Posts

I really think that asking a price should go into traders thread, this is the more appropriate thread to ask for price info,
    cuz imo, asking for a price is not really something we can call a "discussion".

Well this is my opinion, maybe i'm wrong

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    257 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Jaffo View Post
    I would like a moderator or any person who is in charge of the forum to answer this. Where should the "Price Check" threads go? I am making a whole thread to ask this because there is too much drama coming from an user just because he doesn't likes to see that kind of threads here in General Discussion. Of course there are many ways to avoid reading those threads like skipping them, but I guess some people doesn't understand that. So, I would like someone to answer the question I made at the beginning of this post, because there are no rules that state where they should go.
    Not gunna tell you where to post but I'll tell you my perspective.

Traders Market section is the most active section in the entire forum. Occasional price check threads are fine in GD, but then imagine if everyone does it, and now consider that most that do price checks -- are traders.
    I don't think I'd like to wake up on a day where the general discussion is spammed by constant threads about price checks, you can skip it sure, but just because I skip half the threads in Trader's Market doesn't mean I like to flip web pages.

If you use the search bar, most people don't ask that question in GD, and if they do, they get told to put it on Trader's Market.

Now here's a better idea: Why can't someone just make a thread about Price Checks in General Discussion, then let's have a mod pin it. This way both sides can shut up and move on.

Edit: Bold'd

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PatD View Post
    I really think that asking a price should go into traders thread, this is the more appropriate thread to ask for price info,
    cuz imo, asking for a price is not really something we can call a "discussion".

Well this is my opinion, maybe i'm wrong
    Oh you are not wrong, PatD. It's your opinion and you can give any point that you like. But I think it does have a bit of discussion, for example, I can ask for the price of Red Eggs. And different people can comment things like:
    -(1) At auction they are at 3.5k per piece.
    -(2) You can find them at towns for 2k each piece
    -(3) At easter event you can get them easily and they drop in price
    -(4) I have seen people hoarding them and making them go up to 5k per piece.

(this is just an example, not real values included, i tried to create a conversation there ^) but can you get my point? As the game is full of hoarders and other type of sellers, the price of an item can be discussed. That's what I think.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

A price check can be at general discussion, ignore the people who think they are far too superior or highly intelligent to propose 'trader's market' as the only domain for such matters. Price checking could always lead to meaningless banter, or even real trades. Whatever it is, there was never a defined position where price checks should be, do as you deem fit. Dont go overboard though! Suggestions and bugs and stuff, you know that aint fit.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to LegendaryLeo For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    283 Posts

Youre free to post wherever you want, but if you have any kind of decency and respect for fellow forumers, you keep threads clean.
    A child could point out where price checks should go, but theres always people who think if its not written down anywhere, youre free to do as you please.
    As i said in my previous reply, if you dont want any commotion AND an actual accurate answer, ask the traders in the trading market.
    If i have a math question i dont ask my english teacher. Common sense much

Little sidenote, if you want an actually accurate price, dont ask people who could take advantage of the situation, instead keep an eye on the trades happening and auction. This is the best way to know how much an item is worth.
    Has never failed me a single time

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Spooked For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Traders market

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk