Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Last thread about Cheaters

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    117 Posts

Default Last thread about Cheaters

Before you read this thread, I have a proposal: Put aside any bias that you have, and listen purely to the facts. Also, do not argue with anyone in the replies to this thread, because their goal is to make you mad in hopes of you saying something bad so they can have this thread taken down.

What I'm going to be talking about today, is the cheating that's been going on in the Planar Arena leaderboards. Yes, I know I've made many threads on this before, this is why this'll be my last thread on this subject. If you don't like it, you can click off. Simple. I am only doing what I can for justice.

First I'd like to talk about the current times, as well as how they are simply not possible.
    I have done the math and the fastest time you can get legitly is 1:10:100. And this score is calculated in the sense that you & every member of your party has the fastest possible reaction speed known to human. This also does not include ping. Meaning this could be your score if you had 0 ping, but we know no one has 0 ping... so the fastest possible time is a lot higher.

Anway let me explain: First, we know that the map has 4 total bosses and 4 doors to be accomplished. The fastest possible time to kill the first boss is 0.5 seconds or 500 milliseconds.

We also know that each round is 23.1 seconds long. (It's actually a lil higher, like 23.13 - 23.15 but I'm giving them benefit of doubt)

That means that with the first start 0:0:500 and the 3 bosses killed/ 3 doors done at 23.1 seconds (69.3 secs or 1:9:300) added together is already
    1:9:800.

Okay... so now we know that if (which this isn't possible) you had somehow killed the 3 bosses INSTANTLY (0ms) and somehow doored 3 times successfully at 0ms (also impossible), you would be at 1:9:800. Now let's talk about reaction speed.

According to many sources, 200 to 250 milliseconds is the average reaction speed, with 100-150 milliseconds being the fastest human reaction times.

Let's give them the benefit of the doubt again and say that the person who had successfully killed/doored first had a reaction time of 100ms, and they managed to do each round with 100ms. That means we'd have to add 100 ms to each round (100 x 3 = 300ms) into our calculation.

The result is 1:10:100. That already takes out half of the arena. Now let's be realistic and say they had like 200 ms reaction speed, then it woudlve been 1:10:400.

The craziest part? This doesn't even include ping. Keep in mind that many of the current people on this LB don't have ping below 100. 9The main doorer has 300-400...) Either way, that's how it is. Now, take a look at the pictures I'm about to show you, and ask yourself whether this is legitimate or not.

Name:  1.PNG
Views: 466
Size:  269.1 KB
    Name:  3.PNG
Views: 482
Size:  248.2 KB

Look at the #1 time. 1:9:080. How? Even if he had gotten 0 ms start (not possible), and 0 ms each round (not possible) then he would be at 1:9:300. Once again, this isn't including ping.

I want you all to go scroll through this leaderboard ranking, and look for patterns. You'll quickly notice that every time that's actually legit has 4 people in it. That's not so say that all the times that don't have 4 people aren't legit, but if it's the same people then one can infer this. Anyways, STS has clearly ignored this. Infact they've done the opposite of solving this issue. Apparently it is an old and un-important map and therefore it is perfectly okay for them to cheat it. I don't think they realize that these people don't just do arena leaderboard, they also steal slots from legitimate players on seasonal and elite leaderboards. Those aren't old and un-important aswell, are they? All I need is for people to understand and show they care, so STS will finally take action.That's all I'm asking for.
    Last edited by Overbear; 11-03-2020 at 12:37 PM. Reason: fix

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Overbear For This Useful Post:

3.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #2
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,169 Posts

We're looking at adjusting the content for this zone and/or removing the lb.

Years and years of power creep defeats claims of the 'impossible' - but I'm not going to debate that here.

Don't call players out on the forums. It makes drama. It takes up lots of my time... and it is literally killing the game.
    I realize that certain folks are physically unable to refrain from starting drama by calling out players by name on the forums (which, for you new people, isn't allowed), so I'm going to let it slide this last time :-)
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

4. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Cinco For This Useful Post: