Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: 2020-11-05 Content Update (279501)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,191 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by reyals View Post
    on pc I can't move in ANY direction like on phone... have only 8 directions to move, usually camera angle at all maps was according to my directions where i can move (w/w+a/w+d) and i could run straight... for example any raid (hydra/infested/nightmare raid): i needed just press "W" to run at boss, check how it works now... mausoleum always was w+a/w+d... how to run it now?
    Ah yes - you have to turn. I play on the PC all of the time so I'm used to it. I think you will get used to this also. Just takes a little bit of time. Thanks for the feedback!
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    Ah yes - you have to turn. I play on the PC all of the time so I'm used to it. I think you will get used to this also. Just takes a little bit of time. Thanks for the feedback!
    With respect, I disagree.

This camera angle change is terrible for PC users who use a keyboard. It's awful enough having only 8 ways to move, but at least there was some regularity to the way we could move. I switch back and forth between PC and iPad, and the difference is like night and day. I constantly have to tap the keys to course correct, and using the rogue SP skill to move ahead is virtually impossible, as I keep banging into walls. My focus is solely on my movement, not on gameplay. As a result, gameplay suffers. It is very disorienting.

I've been playing this game for 8 years, since the 1st day, and while I'm not against minor changes and tweaks to keep the game fresh, this isn't that. I can't rely on muscle memory anymore. And that might be cool for say, playing football or Tae Kwan Do, but I play this game to relax and chill, not to keep my reflexes sharp.

Please, PLEASE consider changing it back, at least for PC users, who are disproportionately affected by this horrible change.