Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Camera settings

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    283 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by QuaseT View Post
    Imagine u can only run in 45 degree angles and every second run the map has an angle that isnt supported by that. That means you are running zick-zack top to bottom borderline of maps all the time... runs take significantly longer for them now.
    It gives a new twist to running the map, instead of getting the same map 1000 times over, a little variation is thrown in.
    I dont see this being a problem

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    283 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Susanne View Post
    Or maybe do volunteer work like delivering food parcels to people who are shielding from covid like we do in our spare time. Or there's always cleaning your house in real life, getting up and doing some form of exercise.
    You don't have to lie down or sit in a chair when you're not playing games.
    AL is the only game I play and it's been more so during lockdown which we are currently going through again as of from yesterday.
    When you can't meet your family and friends in real life this game helps.
    The camera angle was strange at first, even on a phone. Maybe some devices and players can cope better with it.
    I wasn't aware it was put in place to deter botters but was put there to enhance the experience of the dungeons.
    My point went straight over your head.
    My argument is, if you quit because a game throws in some variation making it so you cant just sit there and press the same buttons for 10 hours a day, you shouldnt be playing games.
    Games are supposed be a fun and relaxing time, if you were to be thrown off because the game changes SLIGHTLY, then why do you play it in the first place.
    I see more and more people see this game as a job rather than something to enjoy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah it's not really a matter of a little "variation". And I certainly don't see the game as a "job" lol. Just because it doesn't bother YOU doesn't mean it isn't affecting a lot of other people.

It's not a "slight" change for people using a keyboard. Example: I was running in Maus maps. The hallways are very narrow. With the camera angle changed, I have to literally CONSTANTLY click back and forth between the up arrow and the left arrow just to go in a semi-straight line. I couldn't even use the SP skill to shoot forward because I kept banging into walls. Those corridors are long, and finally I got sick of it and left. I have no idea what the change is like on a touchscreen. But on a keyboard, it's more than a minor change. It renders the game unplayable. As someone above said, you have to constantly zig-zag back and forth. Your skills like SP don't work properly, and you are literally constantly clicking your fingers on the keys, back and forth, back and forth.

Imagine a long map with narrow sections like the Valentine's event. As it is, without a SS, people can't keep up (and even with one, if people have OP speed sets/awakes they're off in the distance anyway). Now couple that with having to zig-zag all the way through the entire freaking map.

This game IS something to enjoy, and this change it making it damn near impossible to find enjoyment in it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    521 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Spooked View Post
    My point went straight over your head.
    My argument is, if you quit because a game throws in some variation making it so you cant just sit there and press the same buttons for 10 hours a day, you shouldnt be playing games.
    Games are supposed be a fun and relaxing time, if you were to be thrown off because the game changes SLIGHTLY, then why do you play it in the first place.
    I see more and more people see this game as a job rather than something to enjoy.
    Yes and I'm sorry. You're correct about a game being for enjoyment, I remember when Justg said the game shouldn't be seen as a job, wow that was a long time ago.
    I was in a bad mood and shouldn't have brought it here.
    This year has been so weird, that's all I can say and a small thing can just be the last straw to light the fuse. Once again I apologize.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Susanne For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    527 Posts

It gives a new twist to running the map, instead of getting the same map 1000 times over, a little variation is thrown in.
    I dont see this being a problem
    The map is still the same but the controls dont support the angle of the camera. It makes you feel uncomfortable, just as you arent able to go where you want to go. I have made a suggestion thread about how we can keep random perspectives and still make the game more enjoyable for pc players in the suggestion forum.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to QuaseT For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    283 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by QuaseT View Post
    The map is still the same but the controls dont support the angle of the camera. It makes you feel uncomfortable, just as you arent able to go where you want to go. I have made a suggestion thread about how we can keep random perspectives and still make the game more enjoyable for pc players in the suggestion forum.
    If the controls are off, then it should be reported seperately, this is a thread rallying against the entire concept.
    I agree if the controls are all over the place it should be fixed, this doesntmean it has to be removed entirely?
    If my steering wheel is broken, i dont throw away the entire car.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

If the controls are off, then it should be reported seperately, this is a thread rallying against the entire concept.
    I agree if the controls are all over the place it should be fixed, this doesntmean it has to be removed entirely?
    If my steering wheel is broken, i dont throw away the entire car.
    He actually did mention that he made a separate suggestion thread in the suggestion forum (regarding your first sentence)!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    283 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Silentkill View Post
    He actually did mention that he made a separate suggestion thread in the suggestion forum (regarding your first sentence)!
    I never said he didnt, or suggested he didnt. but he - and many others - also preached for it to be removed entirely, and thats what im against.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

I never said he didnt, or suggested he didnt. but he - and many others - also preached for it to be removed entirely, and thats what im against.
    It shouldnt be removed, but it needs to be fixed a bit imo

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

This decision should be left to the user. It makes dizziness for a computer user. Yes, the camera angles are nice, but we should be able to choose the angle we want. It's funny to choose such a way to prevent cheaters in the game. I don't think so. There is a much simpler way to do this by verifying code at specific times. The constant change of the camera angle only causes ligament pain. This must be left to the user.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

If this camera angle change is to prevent botting can there be an option in maps where you would need this on if u plan to do aps and if you tick this off you won’t earn any aps. Also, can this just be completely eliminated from certain maps such as evg and frontier? The reason i’m asking is that those 2 maps are designed in a way where a person’s survival is of great importance. A change in camera can totally throw their whole game off and make them die which is frustrating cause they have to reset again. Especially for warrior, having a standard camera angle is important to help them keep track of teammates and tank properly, Just look at this angle in evg. I can’t imagine what it would feel like to tank in this angle but it just seems rough lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    527 Posts

I dont want it to be removed completely. In fact, I would be happy if we were able to keep it to prevent botters. But at this point its just significantly worse on pc and something needs to be changed imo.
    Last edited by QuaseT; 11-07-2020 at 04:33 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Im not sure if it prevents botters. If its just camera angle change all they need is to know coordinates, which you can get by typing /location in chat. They can make a little move, calculate vector and from that vector adjust moves they would do in order to progress through the map.
    I'll be back.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Idk, I love this feature cause all the maps feel really fresh

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Even though it can be annoying on maps like vg or mauso